Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:33

Chapter 9

With my peripheral vision gone, I remembered the reason why I hated masks so much. At least it didn't cover my nose so I could still breathe without it getting hot and stuffy. The vision still bothered me however. I was alone in the ball room at the time. Well alone as in I wasn't with anyone I knew at the moment. The ballroom itself was crowded with people. At this moment though I was purposefully hiding from people.
"A drink, miss?" A waiter asks as they offer me a drink on their tray.
I take one thinking that it's the punch that my mother had made sure we would have. I take a sip and about choke. It wasn't punch, but wine. I spit the drink back into the cup and put it back on the tray while choking. I had never tasted wine before and I didn't want to taste it again.
"Are you alright, miss?" The waiter asked slightly disgusted.
"I'm fine. Didn't know it was wine." I say between coughs.
"Is that you, princess?" He asks as realization comes over his face.
"Yes." I reply grinning a tad.
"That explains it. Now if you'll excuse me." He says and walks away.
I frown as I hear a chuckle behind me. I turn around and see Ashley with a cup of wine in his hand. He wore a black dress shirt that was untucked and black skinnies. He had a blue tie that matched my dress and his eyes and wore black dress shoes.
"It's an acquired taste." He says. "But you're face was priceless."
"I thought it was punch." I say frowning as I can still taste the bitter flavor.
"Figured as much." He replies still smiling as he snaps at another waiter who then walks over. He takes a glass and hands it to me. "I promise that this is punch." He says winking.
"If it isn't I will slap you." I say but take the glass. I smell it first and when I'm pretty sure it's punch I take a sip.
I smile and say. "It's your lucky day."
"Every day is my lucky day." He says winking. "Now we're going to go dance.' He adds taking my unfinished drink from my hand and puts it on some waiter's tray.
"But I wasn't finished!" I protest as he takes my hand and drags me to where people were dancing.
"You can get another one later." He replies grinning back at me. "But I want to see you dance again, this time with me."
He takes my left hand in his and wraps his other arm around my waist bringing me close to him, our bodies almost touching. I hesitantly put my right hand on his shoulder. I hadn't danced with someone besides my father in forever. He was an excellent dancer, I would give him that. A lot better than my father, who was very clumsy.
I stay quiet staring straight ahead my eyes looking past his shoulders. I look away as I feel his thumb stroking the inside of my wrist. I look and see him staring at my tattoo.
"I never noticed you had one." He says looking at it. "I didn't think you would have one either."
I shrug as I reply. "That's the only one, besides the one you gave me. I liked it until everyone started turning my dreams into nightmares."
He was about to reply when the song ended and his father started talking. I break away from him, but he keeps our hands interlocked.
"Now we all know that tonight is a very special occasion. Tonight is the start of joining our two glorious kingdoms together. And the start of peace between the two of us." He then nods in my direction and it takes me a moment to realize he was motioning to Ashley.
I turn to look at him and see that he was smirking up at me on one knee.
It's funny how I always dreamed of this moment when I was little. Imagining my Prince Charming kneeling there to ask me to marry him. I would always scream yes as he would slip a beautiful ring that was his mother's on my finger. And it would fit like a glove. It would be a happy ever after.
Here standing at this moment, was nothing like my dream. It wasn't Prince Charming kneeling there. I wasn't going to smile and scream yes. I didn't even know if I would be able to muster a smile.
Ashley takes my left hand as he says, "Lucianna, Princess of Niah, will you marry me?"
I force a smile and look into his eyes as I whisper. "Yes."
I hear clapping as he slips the ring on my finger.
He stands up and whispers in my ear, "That wasn't that hard was it?", before bending down and kissing me hungrily on the lips. After what seems forever he breaks it off as he grins at me.
"I can't believe I'm engaged." I whisper as I look down at the ring. It felt heavy and strange on my hand.
"And to a handsome, young, immortal devil like me." Ashley says smirking.
"I wouldn't be too smug, Ashley." Someone says behind me. "Congratulations Ash."
I glance behind me and see who I believe was Titus. I was pretty sure it was him with the red in his hair.
"And to you too, Lucy." He says turning towards me. "It seems just like yesterday you were dropping her on the floor and the two of you hated each other. Oh wait, that was yesterday!" He says as he starts laughing.
Ashley joins in as I glare at the two of them. "Though I'm pretty sure she still hates you." Titus adds as he sees my glare.
"Give her time. We're immortal. I have forever with her. She'll fall in love with me one of these days." Ashley replies as he takes a drink from a tray. "Sooner or later she'll be begging-"
I leave before I have to hear the end of what he was saying. I didn't want to hear it either. I walk around trying to find a Willow. looking for a mess of fiery red curls. She was never hard to find because of her hair. After spotting her halfway across the room, I hitch up my skirts and walk quickly to where she was at.
"Willow!" I call out
Her back was to me, but when she heard her name she spun around and smiled when she saw me. She had on a dazzling green dress that fit her body perfectly and really brought out her eyes. It also made her hair even more noticeable and red.
"Congratulations." She says smiling as she hugs me. "Though I no you don't think of it in that way." She whispers.
"Thanks." I reply smiling back at her.
"So where is he anyways?" She asks scanning the crowd. "I can't see anything with this mask." She adds looking back at me.
"I left him with Titus. They seemed to enjoy talking about me." I sigh.
"Titus, he's rather dreamy isn't he? He seems to be interested in me too. Isn't that exciting?" She asks dreamy eyed.
"That's great." I say though my smile fades.
I was happy for her, truly I was, but Titus just wasn't the guy for her. He didn't deserve her for one and he was such a flirt you couldn't trust him to be loyal.
"What's with that look? You aren't happy for me?" She says frowning.
"No I am. I am. It's just that he's not the greatest guy. He's such a flirt, doesn't that bother you?" I ask her.
"Well Ashley's a flirt too. And mighty full of himself and you don't see me not happy for you, do you? You're just so caught up in yourself lately. "I hate my life! Why is my life so hard? It's tough being the princess." Well you know what I'm sick and tired of your complaining. You're just as self-centered as your fiancé!" She yells at me.
I stare at her wide eyed. I couldn't believe she had just said that. My only friend. But I couldn't help, but feel that she was right. Maybe I was self centered. But her words hurt, they stung. Any second now and I knew that I would burst into tears.
I don't reply and then gather my skirts and start running out of the room.
"Wait Lucy! I didn't mean it!" Willow yelled behind me, but I ignored her.
I ran all the way to my room and locked the door behind me. Once I was alone I couldn't hold the tears any longer as I collapsed on my bed and broke down.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:33

Chapter 10

There was a knock on my door, but I had ignored it like the others. Almost everyone had came and knocked at one point, telling me to let them in and talk about it. My mother and father, Ashley, even Annastasia, Titus, Cain, and Kaleb. Willow came to and she sounded like she was crying too, but that only made me feel worse.
I had stopped crying a while ago and had changed into a pair of sweats and a tank. I'd been laying on the bed staring at the ceiling for the past hour. Thinking about everything. The wedding, Willow, Ashley, the ball, all the kids that I loved, my old life, my new life and everything in between.
"Lucy open the door." A tired voice says. "This is my room too."
Of course it was Ashley.
"It was my room first." I reply.
He stayed quiet for a moment and I had hoped that he had left, but then he said something else.
"Listen I know you don't want to talk about it. I don't even know what happened, but I saw Willow in tears, Don't you think you should talk to her. She's worried about you. Everyone's worried. I'm worried."
"Of course you take her side! My only friend blows up on me. I thought she was my friend. I thought I could trust her. Turns out I can't trust anyone." I say about ready to burst into tears again.
"Will you please open the door? That way we can have a normal conversation, face to face?" He asks.
I don't reply, but get up and walk over to the door and hesitate for a moment before unlocking the door and cracking it open.
"You can come in, but the conversation is over. I don't want to talk about it." I say opening the door all the way and then walk back over to the bed and resume my current position.
"Why do you keep everything to yourself?" He asks after a moment.
I look up and see him shirtless as he changed. He winks and I groan as I look back up at the ceiling.
"I don't know. I feel vulnerable when I tell others about my problems. I don't trust most people easily. At any moment they can take your trust and stab you in the back with it. Just like Willow did. Sometimes if you keep it to yourself, no one can hurt you except yourself and that's only if you let yourself." I whisper.
"Everyone makes mistakes. Even I do." He says as he walks over to the bed and lays down beside me in just his boxers. "Though I barely ever make any mistakes."
"And now everyone makes me feel like the bad guy." I groan. "Because it's my fault Willow blew up on me and now my fault Willow's upset."
"But it's not your fault." Ashley says lacing his fingers in mine.
"Can we talk about something else?" I ask sitting up. "Or watch something on the Net Screen?"
I reach over for the remote on the table and turn the Net Screen on and flip through channels hoping to find something halfway interesting. After a couple minutes of surfing Ashley takes the remote from my hand and throws it across the room.
"I guess that means you want to talk." I say smiling softly at the thrown remote.
"I'm glad you're as enthusiastic as me to talk about myself." He says grinning as I turn to look at him.
"You're so full of it." I say frowning.
"Well we could do something else..." He says smirking as he trails off.
"We're not doing that. Not even in your dreams." I reply glaring slightly. "You know you're not making me feel any better."
"Have you ever had any boyfriends?" He asks suddenly. "Or ever fallen in love with someone else?"
"Why?" I ask looking down at him who was still laying down, but he still held my hand in his and we were facing each other.
"I want to know why you're so afraid to give your heart to someone. To let yourself fall in love."
"I'm not afraid to fall in love!" I reply frowning. "I just don't like you."
"And why not?" He asks raising an eyebrow.
"Because you're a jerk for one. And you only care about yourself." I say slowly.
He grins as if he just figured something out as he sat up and faced me. He also took my other hand in his.
"What?" I ask slightly nervous.
"I just figured you out." He replies smirking. "You're a princess who wants to be treated like a normal person. You want friends who like you for who you are, not just for benefits. Growing up you always had a bunch of people who you thought were your friends, but in reality they were only trying to benefit from you. You thought they liked you, until you would hear the rumors they would spread about you. This is why you have such a hard time trusting people. I also think that you once fell in love with a boy and you thought he loved you back. He was cheating on you the whole time and only wanted to ever become King. He never loved you at all. You're afraid to love someone because you're afraid they won't love you back. That they'll only hurt you in return. Am I right?"
I don't reply as I look down at my lap. Of course he was right. About the whole thing. He was right, I was afraid to fall in love.
"Well maybe if you weren't such a jerk, I wouldn't have such a hard time falling in love with you." I say after a while. "You're not any different from the others, though. You're in it for something just like them. You don't love me, you love my looks. You say you want my heart, but you want my body. You tell me lies so I'll give it to you because with my heart comes my body. You say you're different, but you're not. You're exactly like the rest. Every time I'm vulnerable you make your move. That's why you'll act sweet to me sometimes. You're just hoping that'll give in. Give you what you want. And it almost worked." I say close to tears. I then laugh bitterly. "I guess I can thank you, though, for helping me figure it out."
I close my eyes tightly fighting back the tears. I then get up and walk over to the bathroom.
I pause for a moment at the doorway and then add. "And what's that worst is that you get what you want no matter what I do."

He never tried to talk to me after that. And in a way that made it even worse. On the inside I was hoping that he would prove me wrong. At least try and tell me that that wasn't it. But he never did.
I had sat in the bathroom for the past hour, locked inside. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go back out with him, but I couldn't stay in here either. I couldn't fall asleep either. I was too afraid to. So I just sat there.
In a bitter way I found it funny. Here I was locked in my bathroom, broken. I even laughed despite of myself.
After a while I got tired of how pathetic I was being and got the courage to go into the bedroom, telling myself he would be asleep.
I slowly unlock the door and peer into the dark bedroom. I look at the bed and find it empty which was strange. Where could he have gone? And then I saw him and it about made me want to start crying all over again. He was fast asleep, on the couch.
I put a hand to my mouth and frown. Of course he would make me feel bad again. Make me feel like it was all my fault again.
I walk over to him and see that his blanket had fallen onto the floor. I pick it up and lay it on him. He looked so peaceful when he slept, so innocent too. His mouth was slightly open and his hair was a perfect mess. He was beautiful even when he slept.
Despite myself I smiled at him and then walked over to the bed and laid down. I couldn't get to sleep though, knowing that he was on the couch because of me.
Somehow though I found myself drifting off and before I knew it I was peacefully asleep too.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:34

Chapter 11

When I woke up in the morning Ashley was still asleep on the couch. I get up slowly, and do my usual morning routine, but pick an outfit before taking a shower just in case Ashley woke up after I was done. The shower felt good and helped relax me mentally and physically. When I get out I quickly put on my outfit and did my hair and finished with my make up.
When I walk out of the bathroom I gasp as I walked into the middle of Ashley changing. He had his usual skinnys on and was shifting through the closet for a shirt to wear.
"Oh hey." He says not even glancing over at me.
"Good morning to you too." I reply in the same tone as him.
Every single sorry feeling I felt for him then, disappeared. So he was back to being an arrogant jerk.
I groan internally and head for the door, on my way to go to breakfast.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asks from across the room.
I look behind at him in bewilderment as he was tugging a shirt on.
"Since when do I have to tell you where I'm going? And who are you to tell me I can't go?" I ask crossing my arms at him.
"Since now." He says roughly taking my hand before leaving the room.
"Excuse me, but you're my fiancé, not my master, I don't remember you ever owning me. What is in to you?" I say pulling him to a stop as I make him face me.
I don't know what had gotten into him, but he was even worse than he was in the beginning. Not only was he being arrogant, and a jerk, but possessive and commanding too?
"You see that mark?" He says touching mine. "It's a possession mark, making whoever's name on it the owner of that person. It's their possession. Oh look it has my name on it. That means I own you."
"You can't just own people! And you don't own me, just because you're name is their! I don't care what you're cultures are, but this isn't how it works with mine!" I yell. "This isn't like you at all."
"You want to know what happened? I figured out that you were right last night. I was trying to use you. I then realized that no matter what I did you weren't ever going to love me, even if I didn't love you. You weren't ever going to let me touch you. So I realized that I was being too soft on you, letting you take your time. Too bad your time is going to take forever, even if that's what we have. I can't wait that long, so I'm not going to. I'm going to do what I want with you, when I want to. Just like a normal Ungarian man does. I was being too soft on you." He yells in my face.
"I can't believe I felt sorry for you last night. I thought that I might have actually started liking you, but you just ruined it right now and now I hate you even more. And let me tell you, you can do whatever you want with me, but I will never love you. Never." I yell at him.
I shake my hand out of his an continue walking down the hallway. I had never hated him more than I did right now. He did exactly what everyone else did. Got me to open up and then trampled on everything.
"What?" I scream in frustration as he grabs my arm and spins me back around.
At this point I expected him to slap me and braced for the impact. He didn't however, but kissed me roughly instead, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me roughly against him. His fingers digging into my back as if he couldn't get me close enough to him. His tongue licking my bottom lip asking for entry. I didn't let him. My back then slammed into the wall hard enough to make me gasp in pain. This gave him the opportunity and his tongue darted in my mouth, exploring every corner of it. His hands slid down from my waist and down to my thighs where he lifted me up with my legs around him.
Finally he broke it off and I kept my eyes closed the both of us breathing hard with his forehead pressed against mine.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He kept repeating those same words over and over again. I open my eyes and see he's breaking down on the inside.
"After last night I thought you hated me. I was so mad at myself, that I guess I took it out on you. I'm so sorry." His eyes remained closed as he said this, he hadn't moved a inch.
"If you'll let me down, I want to take you somewhere." I say softly a tad hesitant.
I couldn't believe that he was breaking down in front of me like this. I couldn't hate him like this, I just couldn't. He was exactly like I was last night.
He opens his eyes and drops me gently. I smile encouragingly and take his hand in mine as I lead him down the hallway and pass the dining hall. Towards the middle of the palace and towards the garden.
"This is where I would always come when I was upset." I say leading him towards the fountain. "It's my favorite spot in the whole palace." I add as I sit down on the ledge and drag him down to sit next to me. "They put water lilies in the fountain because they're my favorite flower."
He looked at me with his big, vulnerable eyes. He wasn't crying, he had never shed a tear, but you didn't have to cry to prove you were breaking down inside.
"I don't know if I could ever love you after this, at least not soon." I say slowly finding the right words. "But I do forgive you, I want you to know that. I know you're hurting. You're hurting yourself. But that doesn't mean you have to take it out on others. Remember that boy that you said you had thought broke my heart? Well one actually did. His name was Jace and he was a beautiful and charming guy. I fell head over heels for him and it seemed at the time that he loved me too. Then I found out about him, how he was using me. I was heart broken. Not only mad at him, but mad at myself for believing he would love me. I took my anger out on other people, on anyone who tried to help me. When I realized what I had done, I was hurt even more. I went to them all and apologized and you know what they did. They forgave me. That's why I'm forgiving you. I know what it's like and I don't know what I would have done if no one had forgiven me. So why don't we start over? Hi! My name is Lucianna, but you can call me Lucy." I say smiling as I hold out my hand.
He looks at me shocked taking a few moments to figure out what was happening.
"Ashley." He says kissing my hand.
"It's nice to meet you Ashley." I say still smiling. "Now I'm starving, would you like to get something to eat?" I add standing up.
He stands up beside me and before I know it his arms wrap around me in a tight embrace. "Thank you, but could we start at last night? After I proposed instead?" He asks into my hair.
"If you want sure." I reply a bit bewildered. "Why?"
"So it won't be so awkward when I do this." He says and brushes his lips lightly across mine.