Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:30

Prologue

A/N: Revised version up and started now! Go to the last chapter for a link to the new version of this book: :DD

~3rd Person~
The young woman was nervous as she walked to tell the King the news. She never liked to be near him. He had a horrible temper that was deadly when he was angered. No one knew when it would come, and you didn't want to be in his way when he did. Luckily most of the time his wife was there to keep him calm. Their son however was a different story. Where the King wasn't the most attractive man, he made up for it with his cunningness. He was sly and cruel. His wife was as beautiful as she was kind. No one knew why she ever did marry him.
Their son was as beautiful as his mother, but had the personality of his father. Sadly his mother could almost ever calm him down. He was prideful and vain.
The woman's thoughts vanished as she approached the door and the guards opened it. She swallowed nervously as she entered slowly. It was quiet as she entered. That was a good sign. She eyed the thrones ahead of her. The King and Queen sat in their thrones. Hands loosely intertwined between them. Their son stood on the outside beside his mother. He leaned casually against her throne. A bored expression on his face. He made a look of disgust as he looked at her. She whimpered but kept walking forward, diverting her gaze.
"Aww, Luma! You have good news I presume." The King says as she approaches the thrones and bows.
"We have located the planet, your majesty." Luma says her voice shaking slightly as she rises.
"Excellent!" He replies smiling cruelly.
"I can't believe they thought they could hide." The boy scoffs.
"Hush Ashley." His mother tells him gently.
The boy rolls his eyes but remains silent.
"They have been located on Niah. Commander Zavier sent a message to them three hours earlier. There reply wasn't pretty." Luma says finding the information on her portable net screen and then handing it to him. "They are resisting again."
The King reads the screen thoughfuly as he scans through the information.
"Open war would be too much bloodshed on our side. If we mean to control the rebels, we must trick them. Make them believe we want to join our countries together." He replies looking back at Luma.
"Commander Zavier thought the same. We've been observing the planet and it seems they have a young princess. He suggested a marriage contract." She says nervously, glancing at Ashley.
She gulps as rage overcomes his face.
"You can't expect me to marry some ugly, worthless, filthy human!" He yells.
Luma regains her composure as the Queen scolds her son. "He suggested we go under the prefences of a marriage contract. Once we gain their trust, we can take over in an instant. That is if you don't actually want to marry her. There's a picture of her, there." She says flipping through the netscreen to the picture of the young beautiful girl "She's very pretty too. Her name's Lucianna" She adds.
"A marriage contract doesn't sound too bad." The prince says as he looks at the picture, the look of lust in his eyes. "She looks like some fun." He adds chuckling.
"Then it's settled. Tell the commander to send word of a marriage. That or the blood slaughter of their people and then the marriage. It's their choice. Though I doubt they will refuse." The King says smiling gleefully, as if he had just gotten the best present. "Finally, the humans will be ours."
"Yes sir." Luma says bowing.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:30

Chapter 1

The steady drum of raindrops woke me up. I open my eyes slowly looking at the ceiling. It was bright outside, despite it probably being cloudy because of the rain. I must have woken up late. I sit up in my bed yawning, grateful they let me sleep in today. It was a rare occurrence and most of the time it seems they had me up before the sun. I move the stray piece of hair away from my face as I slide my feet over the bed and onto the cold floor. I get up and walk over to my bathroom.
"Good morning Miss." My maid Willow says as she opens the door to my room.
She was built like her name suggested, tall and slender. With beautiful thick red curls that contrasted her big green eyes. She was my closest and best friend. She was the only person who I would consider my friend. The others were al girls just trying to benefit from me being the princess.
"Morning Will." I say as I close the door to the bathroom.
I walk over to the mirror and look at my reflection. My natural pale blonde hair shimmered in the light and my blue-grey eyes sparkled back at me. I had never really considered myself beautiful, but I thought that I might be pretty.
Willow's humming in the other room, shook me from my thoughts. I hurried up and started running the water for the shower. I quickly stripped off my clothes and stepped in. My shower was like all of the showers here in Niah. There was a Net Screen on one of the sides and it let you choose anything you wanted. The temperature of the water, the scent of your shampoo, conditioner, and soap. There were all kinds of choices. Every flower and fruit imaginable. You could even mix some together for a new smell.
I touched the screen and selected my usual scent, apples. I quickly finished the shower and then stepped out wrapping a towel around my body. I stepped over to my counter and touched the button on the side. It sent a painless electric wave that instantly dried your body, including your hair. I let go and looked in the mirror, like usual my hair was now in it's natural perfect curls. I kept the towel around me as I left the bathroom for my room, leaving the apple scented room.
Willow was still in the room when I entered, making the bed. She smiled at me as I walked to my closet. I reached the net screen here and started flipping through the different clothing options. I finally chose a simple lacy blue dress and white sandals.
"The cook left a breakfast tray in the dining room for you on your mother's request. She thought that you deserved a free day today." Willow says after I had finished changing. "I agreed with her too. You were beginning to look like the walking dead." She adds smiling.
"I felt like the walking dead." I reply smiling back. "Do you want to join me for breakfast?" I then ask her.
"I would, but I'm pretty busy this morning." She says with a slight frown on her face. "Also, your mother wanted you to join her and your father in the council room once you were done eating. They said there was important business to address."
"Thank you Willow." I say as I leave my room and make my way down the familiar, winding hallways to the dining room.
The door creaks as I enter the abandoned dining room, it had been a couple hours since breakfast had been served. My eyes gaze over the long wooden table and I see a silver tray sitting in my spot of the table. Right beside my mother who sat on the right side of the King. The chair on the left of him was for Cain, the most important man on the planet besides the King. Across from me was the second most important, Kaleb. It was customary for the woman to be on the right and the men on the left. You usually sat across from your partner, but because I did not have one, I sat across from someone else.
My train of thought was broken as I sat down at my spot and begun eating. It was a simple breakfast, but I didn't mind. Food was food. I ate quickly, not wanting my parents to be waiting on me long. I then take the tray back into the kitchen and give it to one of the servants who thanked me politely.
I made my way to the council room which was located in the middle of our palace. The whole house was eerily quite today too. It was a bit unnerving as I made my way down the empty hallways. I couldn't help but think that something was going on. Then I heard the yelling.
I knew the moment I entered that room it would stop and I would hear nothing exciting. I walk up to the door and press my ear gently against the wooden door.
"That's it though! It's not an option! There really is only one answer!" A male voice was yelling. It was Kaleb.
"You're right and I'm not saying that we won't do it. We just need to have her input in the whole ordeal too! If we didn't she would feel as if it was our fault!" It was my father who answered.
"This isn't jus-" Kaleb starts but I had heard enough.
"My input on what?" I ask as I open the door and interrupt him.
The whole room goes quiet as I enter. Many faces looked shocked and several were slightly angry. But my parents both had a look of relief. And my mother had a very slight smile.
"Care to inform me on what's happening?" I ask as I take my seat next to my father.
"Why is she here?" Cain says looking me in the eyes. You could tell he was aggravated at seeing me here.
"We told her to come." Was all my mother replied. "Considering this does involve her."
"What's happening?" I ask again after being ignored.
"The Ungarians have finally found us again." My father says without meeting my gaze.
My face looks up surprised. "How?"
Though no one living was alive when it happened, everyone knows the story about the Ungarians. It's something we're taught in school. The Ungarians are an ancient race that is in control of almost the entire universe. The Niahens, us, are one of th efew people not under them. They're a power-hungry, cruel race. Unlike most though they are all immortal. The same man has ruled them for ages. King Jeremiah. A cruel terrible man sly and cunning, and has a mood that changes quickly. His wife though is a different story. She's one of the only kind Ungarians. She's beautiful too, but it's heard that she can be vain. There son I've heard has his mother's looks and his father's temper. Vain, arrogant, and cruel.
100 hundred years ago we were at war with the Ungarians. It was evident that their victory was close at hand. Then a woman, my grandmother, found a way to escape. She had come across a spell that enabled our entire nation to disappear and appear somewhere else, far away. We would be able to escape their clutches. Just in time the spell was cast and we found ourselves here on Niah. We became new people, the Niahens and we've built ourselves up to what we are now. But we all knew that someday we would be found. Someday there would be no where else to go.
That time was now, and there was no where to go.
"Have they contacted us?" I asked.
"They video-netted us almost twelve hours ago." Cain says meeting my gaze. There was pity in his eyes. Why was there pity?
"What did they want?" I asked slowly, dreading the answer.
"They said that they didn't want a war. They were here on peaceful terms." My father starts.
"And you believed them?" I almost shout at him.
"That wasn't everything." My mother replies not meeting my gaze.
"They said that they wanted to unite our kingdoms. With a marriage contract." He adds softly.
It took me a minute to realize what was going on. What they were getting at. Then it finally hit me. The pity in Cain's eyes. The Ungarians wanted me to marry their son.
"No." I say panic rising in my voice. "I won't marry him. I can't marry him. I just can't. There's got to be another way." I say my eyes pleading at them. "Please tell me there's another way. Please."
"They said that the marriage could happen either peacefully or forcefully. It was our choice. If we deny their offer, then they will attack and you'll still marry him." My father says his voice full of sorrow.
"You're right. There is no option here." I say softly. "I don't have a choice. Either agree on meeting the prince, or have people killed and then still marry him. I don't get it though. Why can't they just take over, like on the other planets?"
"It seems that the prince must have taken an interest in you." Kaleb says.
"They said they would video-net us at eight, for our answer." My father says.
I look up and see everyone's eyes were on me. I look at each face slowly and then stand up.
"I guess I'm engaged then." I say and then I walk out of the room. Once I'm out of their sight I start running to wherever my feet will take me.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:31

Chapter 2

I ended up in the palace's garden. The sweet smell of fruit and flowers filled the air. I wasn't surprised I had ended up here. This was my favorite place in the palace. I always came here when I was upset. The place was soothing to me.
The garden lay in the middle of the palace. Which was an open area with the palace's walls surrounding it. In the middle of the garden there was a huge fountain with pink water lilies floating on the surface. Hundreds of different types of flowers and trees surrounded the area. Birds and other small animals roamed the are too.
I walked over to the fountain and sat down on the railing. My fingers skimmed the water's edge and I picked up one of the lilies. They had always been my favorite flower. I sat the flower in my lap, ignoring the water still clutching onto the flower, which made my dress wet. It didn't matter, nothing seemed to matter now.
My whole life was disappearing right before my eyes. This wasn't supposed to happen, at least not now. Something wet drops onto the flower and I realize it was a tear. Soon more fall as I start to completely fall apart.
I don't know how long I sat there, or how long I had spent crying. I know it sounds childish to cry over such a thing, but I knew what people said about him. How arrogant he was. I didn't even know what he looked like. I didn't even know his name!
I sigh as I continue to stare at the flower still in my lap.
"I thought I would find you here." A voice says as someone sits down next to me. It was my mother.
"I know. I'm acting like a selfish child." I say looking at her.
"Not at all. No one likes to be told who to marry. Who to spend the rest of your life with. And being forced into it only makes it worse." She says wrapping an arm around me. "No one blames you."
"I don't understand why he's so interested with me. I'm only a human. I get older everyday."
"They'll most likely change you. Make you into one of them." She says. "I want you to know, that I don't want any of this to happen. I can't stand to have my baby girl in the hands of that monster. I would do anything to change it."
"Why can't we just disappear again? Why can't we just let someone else deal with it?" I ask looking up into her warm chocolate brown eyes.
"They lost the spell years ago. We've never been able to find it." She answers frowning. "Now why don't you go get cleaned up for dinner? Afterwards we have to give them our answer. You should probably be there for that."
"Alright." I say standing up holding the lily in my hand.
"And Lucy," My mother says looking back at me. She never called me Lucy, always Lucianna, despite my protests. "I will always love you and be there for you. Never be afraid to ask."
"Thank you." I say smiling at her as she walks away.
I turn back towards the fountain and bend over gently placing the flower back on the water where it belonged before following my mother back into the castle.
After quickly changing my damp dress for another outfit, I made my way back to the dining room for dinner. My heels made the only noise as I made my way down the hallway. When I reached the door to the dining room I hesitated slightly. I'm not for sure why, but I did, my hand pausing on the handle. I took a deep breath and turned it stepping into the room. Not many people looked up when I entered, to which I was grateful. I silently sat down at my place at the table, my mother smiling at me as I did. I smiled softly back.
My eyes drift towards the plate that sat before me. On it was a grilled piece of chicken, several vegetables, and a slice of bread with butter on it. There was also a small bowl of some kind of soup on the side. I had just a glass of water, my wine glass turned upside down as I did not drink. Like my mother I had chosen to be temperance. Alcohol only clouded the brain, thus clouding your judgment. My mother had always told me that the women with clear heads made better decisions and better queens.
I slowly picked at my food. I had no appetite to eat know at all, but I didn't want to worry anyone. After a while I drop my fork and quit messing with my food. The mere thought of it started to make me sick. I then dropped the napkin that sat in my lap onto my plate signaling I was done. A maid soon came and got the plate.
My eyes glanced up across the table over to Kaleb who was looking back at me. Despite being ten years older than me I had always thought that I would marry him. He was the ideal choice. He was smart, quite handsome despite his older age, and knew about all of the politics. Now that would never happen.
I sighed putting my elbows on the table and rested my chin in my hands. I know it wasn't proper etiquette, especially for a princess, but at this moment I didn't care. I had never cared for manners, only using them because I had to. No one seemed to notice or mind though.
I did see a small smile form on my father's lips as he glanced at me though.
After a while though my mother made a slight cough and nudged me with her elbow. I slowly moved my elbows off the table.
I then slowly sipped my water as I waited for the others to be done. The water seemed to soothe my stomach.
Slowly the time seemed to go by and it was a quarter to eight. My mother dropped her napkin onto her plate and then stood up eying me to do the same. My father and Cain also got up and I slowly followed suit. They silently left the room and I followed slowly behind them, not wanting to go at all.
We made our way through the winding hallways this time to the throne room. The throne room was also the ball room and was my second favorite place to be. It was the biggest room in the palace and was beautiful. It had a shiny gold floor that you could see your reflection in, and glossy white walls. Huge arched windows covered the walls that opened up all the way so when they were open it was almost like you were outside. Silky gold curtains hung carelessly around each of the windows. Huge gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling. When I was little I used to spend all day in here dancing. Gliding without a care across the floor. I hadn't done that in forever.
I smile as I carelessly do a twirl landing perfectly. I had always been a natural dancer. I then close my eyes imagining the perfect music in my head before slipping off my heels which I casually slip out of the way by the thrones. Remembering one of the dances my mother had taught me I slowly started it. Cautiously at first and then more carelessly as it continued. I started to smile as I went. I hadn't had this much fun in forever. I glided across the floor laughing as I continued to dance. Finally finishing with a curtsy with my eyes closed. I stayed there for a second a huge smile across my face before opening them and standing up.
My face flashes into shock and starts to flush as I look at the image in front of me. I hadn't realized the Cain had hooked up the net-screen, or more importantly that they had connected with the Ungarians. There in front of me was the image of three people all looking at me. This was so embarrassing.
I didn't give them a second glance as I quickly turned around and ran over to the thrones where my parents both looked at me too. My mother was smiling at me though. I quickly slipped my heels back on and then stood beside my mother who sat in her throne.
As I turned toward the screen again they all looked away, well at least two did. The boy who I'm guessing was the prince. My "fiancé." I had to admit he was pretty good looking. With long layered black hair that partially covered his icy blue eyes. I could tell he was tall and slender. Several inches taller than me. He also had a snake bite piercing. And although I couldn't see them, I bet he had several tattoos. I only had one tattoo and I to beg my parents for it. It was small, on my wrist, and I hid it most of the time.
I could tell his eyes were taking in every aspect of my body and I felt very uncomfortable. It didn't help that they had all just seen my embarrassing dance. I was going to have a talk with my parents afterwards. He also held himself with importance. As if no one else mattered in the world except for him.
"Have you made your decision?" The man says breaking the silence to which I was grateful. I could tell that it was definite where his son got his arrogance from.
"We have, though it wasn't much of a choice." My father replies back with a bit of venom in his voice.
"Then I believe you have chosen wisely then." He replies.
"We're looking forward to be able to join our families together." The woman adds softly. She really was beautiful, and I could tell that she was kind. She stuck out sorely against her husband and son, but not in a bad way. "Your daughter is really quite beautiful, an a amazing dancer too. Our son Ashley is a wonderful dancer himself."
So that was his name, Ashley.
"We should have a ball!" She then exclaims suddenly. "What's a better way to announce the marriage then a ball? It should be a masquerade, and we can all get masks."
"That sounds like a wonderful idea, don't you agree?" Her husband says.
"Of course." My mother says forcing a small smile.
"Wonderful, now on to more important matters. We will arrive on Niah at eight o'clock at the landing. I'm sure our wives would love to get together for the wedding plans. The sooner the better."
I had noticed the whole time they had been talking, Ashley's eyes never came off me. It was a bit unnerving, with the way he was. It was quite obvious that lust filled his eyes and I hated it very much. I hated him. I hated all of them.
Before I realized what had happened I was looking at the ballroom, their picture gone. I was going to take this moment to yell at my parents, but I had grown very tired all of the sudden.
"I'm going to bed." I say softly before walking out of the room and towards my own looking forward to the sleep. Dreams were your only escape from reality and I needed an escape badly now.