Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: Never Say Never ~An Arranged Marriage Love Story~

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:37

Chapter 20

My nerves were on fire today for more than one reason. To begin with today was the day before the wedding. Tomorrow was when everything was supposed to happen. Will he end up coming and try to kill Ashley? Will he kill others too and take over the city? Will he kidnap me and take me away? Or was he just playing a cruel and sick joke? Was it never going to happen?
So many questions and there were no answers to be found.
Today was also the wedding rehearsal, and I hadn't spent this much time with Ashley in a day for almost a week. It felt nice to be close to him, comforting too. After today I wasn't going to see him until I walked down the aisle tomorrow. If I get to walk down the aisle tomorrow.
I sigh and run my fingers through my straight blonde hair. I was stressing out today more than I ever had before. I didn't want to lose Ashley. I didn't want to lose anyone.
"Are you ok?" Ashley asks taking my hands in his, sending little shivers of electricity up through my arm and to my heart. His blue eyes looking down at me in concern.
The wedding rehearsal was almost over, or at least my part was. Our mothers were still working on things to make everything perfect.
I hadn't had this much physical contact with him in forever, and I didn't realize how much I missed it. How much I needed it.
"I want to say I'm fine." I say slowly. "But the truth is I'm a mental wreck."
"It's ok. Everything will work out in the end, you'll see." He says leaning forward and kissing my forehead. "Besides that demon better know he's in one hell of a fight to think he can go and take you away from me so easily." He adds with a chuckle.
"It's not really helping." I say with a small smile. "But at this point nothing could help. I can't help but worry and stress." I add.
"Just relax." He replies. "Do you want me to get you some tea or something?" He then asks.
I nod my head after thinking for a second. That may be exactly what I needed right now. I didn't know if it would help, but I could at least try. "Chamomile, please." I call after him.
I then turn and sit down in one of the chairs that had been set up, putting my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands as I sighed.
"You ok?" Willow asks as she sits down beside me.
She was my Maid of Honor in the wedding and my only bridesmaid in the wedding. She was my only friend, so I felt no need to add others, despite their offers to be in it. I didn't want backstabbers in my wedding.
It turned out perfect because Ashley only had Titus as his Best Man in it too. Titus being the only groomsmen.
"Not really." I reply with a frown. "I have no clue what's going to happen tomorrow. Most girls dream of their wedding day, I'm absolutely dreading it."
"It's ok, everyone understands." She replies putting a hand on my leg.
"Do they? Do they really understand what I'm going through? Or do they only think they do. I've never met someone else who has an obsessed lover who's threatening to kill her fiancé the day of her wedding." I snap back. After seeing Willow's hurt expression my face softens and I say. "I'm sorry Will, I'm just panicking."
"It's ok." She replies smiling.
"One Chamonile tea, for the beautiful bride." Ashley says handing me a small cup. "Be careful it's hot." He adds as I take it.
"You're the best." I say smiling up at him. "Thank you." I add taking a sip.
"You're welcome." He says sitting down on the other side of me.
I lean against him and slowly drink my tea as Willow leaves to help our mothers out. Ashley plays with my hair and keeps quiet, knowing that I wasn't really in the mood for talking right now. But it was a comfortable silence.
Before I knew it I was starting to get a tad sleepy. The tea had always had that effect on me, but it did help calm my nerves, at least to some extent.
After I set the cup down on the floor in front of me I lay down on the chairs my head in Ashley's lap.
"You can go to sleep if you want. I'll wake you up if you're needed. The dinner's not for another two hours. At least rest for a little bit." He whispers as he continues to stroke my hair.
I dozed off and on there. I realized how tired I really was, but with all the noise happening in the room, it was hard to get any sleep there.
Once I heard my mother say she'd like to run through the whole thing again, but she changed her mind when she saw me attempting to sleep.
After no time at all Ashley was gently shaking me awake and I open my eyes slightly dazed.
"Time for dinner, beautiful." He says smiling at me. "You need to eat too, I haven't seen you eat in forever. Besides don't you need to get your energy up for your bachelor party tonight." He adds with a wink.
"It should really be me concerned about you." I say poking him in the stomach with a small smile on my face. "I'm just going late night hover boarding with Willow and then maybe hanging out somewhere. You're going to the club, where who knows what Titus has set up for you."
"But I can't have you falling off that hover board, can I?" He replies kissing me lightly on the lips.
I roll my eyes as I stand up and Ashley follows me hooking his arm with mine.
"And could you do me a favor?" Ashley asks as we make our way to the main gate where a vehicle waited to take us to the restaurant were dinner was taking place.
"What?" I ask looking up at him.
"Try and live a little tonight, please. Be happy and carefree, but not to carefree because I don't want you coming home all busted up."

"So what do you think, Ashley's up to right now?" Willow asks over the wind as we hover over the course at the hover boarding park.
"I really don't want to think about it." I say blushing slightly. "Nothing good with Titus in charge of everything."
"I don't blame you, who knows what sort of wild things he's dreamt up." She says winking. "Anyway race you to the top of the hill over there." She says speeding up.
"That's no fair, you got a head start!" I call after her as I lean forward to catch up, but I was laughing softly as I hear her laughter ring out behind her.
Ashley's words floating through my head.
Try and live a little tonight, please. Be happy and carefree...
Maybe I needed to do what he said. Like they say, one day you spend worrying about another is just one less day you spend happy. And tonight was my last night being single, well hopefully. I needed to live a little and be happy, before everything changes for better or for worse.
I lean forward farther and soon flash by Willow laughing. A sharp turn came up and Twisted my body to perfect it, but hit the turn wrong and before I knew it my feet flew off of my hover board. The sense of weightlessness hit me for just a split second and then my safety belt kicked in and slowed my fall quickly taking the breath out of my lung as I fell slowly the last thirty feet. When I hit the bottom I couldn't help but burst out in laughter from the adrenaline rush. I hadn't fallen off like that in forever.
My board soon landed softly beside me as I got up and walked to the entrance of the track where Willow was getting off.
"Are you ok?" She asks her green eyes wild and huge.
"I'm fine." I say with a small giggle. "That was really fun." I say smiling at her.
"You mean you meant to do that?" She asks putting her hands on her hips.
"No actually, but I'm sure glad I did." I reply still smiling. "You should try it."
"You're insane." She says playfully hitting me on the shoulder. "Do you want to go again?"
"First one back here is a winner!" I reply hitting the track before she could respond.
After we spent another hour or two hover boarding we went to a little café beside the park. I got a frappe and a small pastry as we sat outside and watched the stars.
"If I wasn't temperance I would be getting so drunk right now." I say with a small smile.
"I wouldn't let you because no bride needs to be having a hangover on her wedding day." She replies with a grin.
"Ashley's probably drunk right now." I reply with a small pout.
"AShley knows how to hold his drinks unlike you." She replies with a small giggle. "Though I'd like to see you drunk. It would be pretty comical."
"Comical? Using fancy words, are we?" I ask raising my eyebrow.
"Shut up!" She says playfully hitting me as I take a drink of my frappe.
"You know you love me." I reply teasingly.
She playfully sticks her tongue back out at me.
"I want to thank you though," I say on a serious note.
"For what?" She asks a tad confused.
"For getting my mind off of everything." I say looking up at the stars. "For helping me forget for just a minute. For giving me a taste of my old life for just second."

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:37

Chapter 21

"Keep your hands still, Lucy!" Anastasia lightly scolds me as she paints my fingernails. Right now she had just finished with the second base coat of white. She was now going to add sparkly blue gems to the base to match my bouquet, which was also blue.
"Sorry, but I'm just so nervous." I reply trying to concentrate on keeping my hands still.
The more I concentrated however, the shakier the hands became. I give up and try and focus on something else.
Both my mother and Anastasia had woke me up bright and early the next morning. The wedding was in the early afternoon at exactly two o'clock. It's not that I minded really. How was I supposed to get any sleep last night. Not only with wedding day jitters, but with everything else happening too.
"Wedding day jitters?" She asks with a smile as she looks up at me.
"Partly." I say frowning just a tad.
"Oh sorry." She says realizing what I was talking about. "Everything will be alright. You'll see." She adds with a reassuring smile.
"The palace is going to be heavily guarded, no one will be able to get in without us knowing." My mother adds from where she was standing looking out the window.
Her words didn't reassure me however. I doubted that a castle guarded by guards weren't going to be enough to keep him out. He was too determined and I couldn't help but think he had to be pretty powerful too.
"But what if he's already in the palace? What if he's someone we know?" I say not being able to help myself. It had always been on my mind. I couldn't help but think that that could be true.
"Honey, don't think like that. Everyone here loves the two of you and want you to be together." She replies a tad sternly. But I couldn't help but think that she was focused more on trying to convince herself than me.
"Or he could be a good actor." I mutter under my breath.
"Lucy, could you at least pretend that everything will be ok? That this is a happy day?" She snaps.
"Can I at least talk to Ashley, then?" I ask looking up at her. "Not face to face, but call him, please."
"Fine." My mother says handing me my phone on my bed. "But don't ruin your nails."
"I won't." I reply smiling as I run into the bathroom to get some privacy.
"Hello?" A voice says after they pick up on the third ring. It wasn't Ashley, but Titus.
"Could you put Ashley on, please?" I ask.
"Sure." He says and then yells something for Ashley to get over here.
"Hello." He Ashley then says.
"Hey, it's me." I reply with a small smile.
"Are you alright? Did he do something to you?" Ashley asks quickly.
"What? No. I'm perfectly fine." I reply. "I just needed to talk to you for a little bit. Try and get my mind off of things."
"Alright, as long as your safe." He says.
"So what happened at your bachelor party last night?" I ask out of curiosity.
He pauses for a minute and then replies. "It was a regular bachelor party. Titus took me down to the club and we partied."
"Don't tell me there were strippers." I say smiling.
"Maybe." He says slowly.
"I could just kill him." I say, but I was laughing and Ashley soon joined in.
"You can't kill him yet, I still need him for the wedding." He says a bit breathlessly. "So what did you do?"
"Like I said we went hover boarding and then stopped and ate at a café. Nothing special at all."
"No strippers?" He asks chuckling.
"No strippers." I reply smiling.
There was a comfortable silence for a minute as I just listened to him breathe. A few minutes later my mom enters the bathroom and motions for me to say goodbye.
"Well I got to finish getting ready." I say softly into the phone.
"I'll see you in the wedding." He replies.
"I'll be the one in white." I whisper and then end the call.
"We need to get you into your dress now." My mother says as we walk back out of the bathroom.
The dress was laying on the bed and looked as pretty as ever. I strip out of my pajamas and then slip on the dress. It fit as perfect as always. Anastasia started tightening the corset in the back, but it no longer hurt, the bruises in my back long gone.
Once the dress was on Anastasia sat me down and started doing my hair. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was beautiful all the same. After the hair came the makeup which was simple too. They then slipped on my heels and put on some jewelry.
"You look so beautiful." My mother says as they step back fully down with me.
I turn around and face the mirror looking at my reflection, but frown. I did look beautiful, but the mark on my face stuck out more than ever.
Unlike the one upon my heart that showed just above the dress, this one looked out of place with all the white.
"What's wrong?" She asks as she approaches me.
"If there was just a way to get rid of this." I say pointing to the invisible spot on my face. "But of course you can't see it."
"He hasn't came yet, so I doubt he's going to come now." She says as she hugs me. "This day will be wonderful no matter what."
"I sure hope so." I reply with a small smile.
"You look so beautiful!" Willow says when she enters the room in her dress.
"Thanks." I say as she comes up and hugs me. "You look beautiful too."
"Hopefully not too much. Can't look prettier than the bride." She says with a small laugh.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"Almost one-thirty, some of the guests have already started arriving. I saw Ashley by the way too. Looking pretty handsome." She say smiling.
"Only thirty more minutes." I say a bit breathless.
"Than you're going to be married." She replies.
"Hopefully." I say with a slight frown.
"Don't think like that." She says frowning softly now too.
"I know, he hasn't done anything yet, so I can't help but think he won't, but I can't get my hopes up high, can I?"
"Yes, you can." She replies smiling.
"Listen to Willow." My mother replies. "Now let's go find your father."

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 06 Sep 2015 10:38

Chapter 22

When I saw my father I couldn't help but run up and hold him close.
"You look beautiful." He muffles into my hair.
"Thank you." I reply softly smiling as I separate.
"There's that smile we've been missing." He says smiling back at me.
I couldn't help but smile back. And soon I started feeling nervous, but the good kind of nervous as the clocked ticked slowly to two o'clock. The thoughts of him coming and killing Ashley seemed far away and distant. No longer so believable.
My thoughts were all focused on Ashley as he stood in the ball room standing in front of the alter waiting for me to approach him and I sure didn't want to keep him waiting.
When everything started going I felt like everything wasn't real, that it was all a dream, but it wasn't. Everything was real. Everything was happening.
Willow flashed me a smile as she left to go her arm hooked in Titus's. I smiled back, but she left before she saw it.
Before I knew it, it was time for me. My armed gripped my father's arm tightly and I looked up at him.
"Please, don't let me fall." I say softly.
"I wouldn't dream of it." He replies with a warm smile.
"You've been the best father ever." I reply. "Don't ever forget that. No matter what happens. You did everything you could."
"I'll try." He says with a soft smile.
Before we enter the room I add one more thing. "Tell everyone the same thing. That there was nothing else they could have done and that I loved them all."
"Don't think like that." He says. "Smile."
As we entered the room my smile was at first a bit forced. But when I saw everyone else smiling at me I couldn't help, but let a small real smile show upon my face.
But then I saw Ashley standing in front of me with a smile on his face and it seemed like everything else had disappeared except for him. My smile grew bright and all my worries left me behind. All that mattered now was him and me and that we were going to get married and spend forever together.
My pace quickened slightly, but my father kept me in step. If he didn't have a hold of me I probably would have ran the rest of the way and jumped into his arms and never let go.
The walk down the aisle seemed to take forever, but finally I was there in front of him and my father handed me off to Ashley. Ashley was smiling down at me and I smiled back. It was taking all my will power to not kiss him then and there.
"You look beautiful." He whispers to where only I could hear and my smile brightens.
The reverend starts to speak, but it was hard to pay attention when Ashley was standing there right in front of me. It was impossible to take my eyes off of him. His eyes never leaving me either.
It was time for the vows and Ashley goes first repeating them flawlessly.
When it was my turn the reverend says the first part and pauses for me to continue.
"I, Lucianna, take-" My voice stops as I try and take in and believe what I just saw in front of me. My eyes get big in shock and fear. "It can't be. No, it can't be." I say face voice shaking as I take a couple steps back.
"Luce, what's wrong?" Ashley asks looking over his shoulder to what I was looking at but seeing nothing.
Of course he couldn't see anything, because nothing was there. But that was the point nothing was there. Or more like no one.
"He vanished, just like that." I say snapping my fingers. "But it can't be him."
"Lucy, look at me." Ashley says forcing my face to his. "Who are you talking about?"
"You're best man, Ashley. Titus. It's Titus." I say looking at him in shock.
HIs eyes widen in shock, but then disbelief. "No, he's my best friend. He wouldn't do that."
"Than how did he disappear?" I ask softly.
I freeze as I hear a familiar voice behind me on the aisle.
"Now really Ashley you should listen to her. She's right after all."