My brothers' best friend

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: My brothers' best friend

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:37

Chapter 15

"Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong. Is Abigail okay? What's going on?"
Many questions came out of my mouth like a broken faucet. I knew I was annoying Danny but I wanted to know what was going on. He rubbed his temples together and looked at me.
"Abigail is fine." He said coolly.
"Then why did you invite me out. Does Abi know we're together?"
I nodded his head still looking at the road. I sighed in relief then looked out the window. Silence took over the whole vehicle, making our little adventure a little bit too awkward. Maybe it was because I didn't really know him. It felt exactly like the first day Chris drove me home from school. I tried getting his memories out of my head, I didn't even want to think of him right now.

My stomach sounded like a dying whale by the time we got to Danny's Delicious Hamburgers, just thinking of that place makes my taste buds go crazy. I got out of the car and ran to the front entrance, waiting for Danny who was still trying to get out of his car, I laughed. He approached the door quickly and opened it, signaling me to go in first. I proudly walked in and walked up to the cashier who was also my friend from school.
"Hey Paige, the regular right?" my friend Savanna asked me.
"Yes ma'am." I nodded
"Who's that?"
She pointed to Danny with her chin. I looked over at him only to see him smiling.
"Oh that's Danny, one of my brothers best friends and Abigail's boyfriend."
Her mouth turned into an "O" shape and she nodded.
"Nice to meet you, what would you like to order?"
He smiled and asked for the same thing as I did. She gave us our cups and we sat down on the booth, close to the window which showed the beautiful sunset.
"I really wanted to talk to you about Chris." He mentioned taking a sip of his Dr. Pepper.
I mentally and physically rolled my eyes.
"Is this why you brought me to my favorite place in the world?"
He inclined. His face was full of agony and guilt.

"It's just that, okay I know what Chris is like. Your typical player at school that every girl will die for but he will just shrug them off and going. Does he care if someone breaks up with him? No, it doesn't affect him because he has a line of other girls waiting for him outside of his door. Ever since you came into his life though, he's just been acting different. He acts like if he really cares about at least something. Chris, your brother, Kyle, Benjamin and I have been friends since pre-school so we all know what he's like."
I just nodded my head as I listened to him talk, there was no way that I was going to interrupt his speech, I wanted to know what he wanted to say to me. By the time he was done saying that short little paragraph, your food was already at the table and I made sure to take small bites, just to relish the moment.
"Even though he's acting different." He said. "I just want to make something clear to you." he aforementioned.
I scrunched my eyebrows together as I chewed my delicious hamburger.
"And what's that?" I questioned.
"Chris doesn't care about you. He doesn't love you."

That hurt me more than it should've. Even though the feeling was neutral, it still got to me. I guess it was just the thought of him never loving me or the thought that this game is never going to end and I'm probably going to end up living with him; hating him all my life. I put my hamburger down and put my head in my hands.
"What did I do?" I moaned.
"What do you mean?" Danny questioned this time.
"This stupid game. I can't get out of it anymore. I hate him, he hates me. I've made a big mistake Danny. I've made a big mistake." I repeated.
"We'll think of something. I want to give you some advise."
I nodded, what else could possibly go wrong, right?
"After you win this game, you should get together with Benjamin. I've been talking to him and Paige, he is crazy about you. He's in love with your every aspect. He's in love with our strengths, weaknesses and your flaws. If he doesn't have you he's going to go deranged."
I have to admit, hearing what Benjamin feels for me makes me flush but after this is over with Chris, I'm going to make sure I don't date anymore of my brothers' simpleminded friends.

I have actually learned my lesson about loving something. Don't love someone by force because it will never work out; it's not working out for me.

We finished our food and headed back home. When I walked through the door, Chris was still sitting there with Damian and Benjamin. Once Benjamin sat me, he inevitably sat up and straightened himself up. I gave all three of them a small smile and walked out to my backyard not caring how cold it was. My backyard was actually very big, it took up a couple yards of the forest, a fence blocking it of course. There was a rocky path that led to a white gazebo which had a small chandler hanging from the top of it. My brother had build benches on it when he found out it was my favorite place to go. In the spring time, my backyard gets filled with white and res roses. Butterflies fill my whole backyard and it's just beautiful. In the summer, after it gets dark, I like to go outside in the heat and lay in the grass, next to the rocky path and watch the fireflies glide through the sky.

I made my way to the gazebo and sat on the bench that faces the forest which meant my back was toward the house. After a while of sitting there just staring out, Chris comes out and sits on the bench in front of me facing the house.

"I want to talk about this misunderstanding." Chris whispered.
His face was down and his eyes were staring at my marble floor. I just shook my head.
"What misunderstanding Chris? There is no misunderstanding. You meant to do that." I mumbled.
He just sat there shaking his foot, I knew he had the urge to do something. I was correct. He didn't speak, he just got up, walked toward me and planted a soft and soothing kiss on my lips. Our lips moved in sync, as if your lips were meant for each other. But I knew for a fact that it would never happen, even if I wanted too because even if I had feelings for Chris, he wouldn't have feelings for me.

He broke the kiss after a little while then made me stand up and brought me into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck, hiding my face in his neck.
"I'm so sorry." I heard him whisper.
I pulled apart from the hug a little bit, my arms still around his neck. I looked at him in the eyes and this time it was me who kissed him. I broke the kiss and went to the way I was before; with my face hidden in his neck and his face hidden in my hair. I don't know why but for some reason I feel like this would be the perfect picture.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:37

Chapter 16

"Do you think you can forgive me?" he talked into my hair.
I bobbed my head in acceptance.
"Yes, I can forgive you. Just don't do this anymore."
My hot breath hit his neck, making him shiver a bit. I smiled to myself, well more like a cute grin.
"Thank you baby, I won't hurt you anymore. I promise." He added.
He called my baby and for the first time, I didn't stop him. If we were going to be in this fake relationship we would need to call each other cute names right?
"You better not baby-love." I said to him, wanting to cover my mouth right after I said that.
I pretty much face-palmed myself for how ridiculous I sounded. He just chuckled.
"Baby-love. I like that." He said more to himself.
He untangled his hands from my waist and we both sat on our benches. He just looked at me amused at how I reacted when I gazed at the forest.
"Can I tell you something?" He finally broke the silence.
I nodded my head.
"I-I um, I kind of.. well. I didn't really enjoy seeing you go out with Danny." He admitted.
He really does have some nerve because I would never concede to something like that. I was absolutely inarticulate, I didn't know how to react about what he had just confessed.

"And I want to take you out, on a real date this time." He smiled.
I shook my head. He brightened smile turned into a scowl.
"I don't want you to spend money on me. I'd rather had a movie night here at my house." I looked at him.
He tilted his head to the side and half-smiled at my response but shortly after nodded in agreement.
"Let's go to the store and buy snacks. We could buy some movies and watch them all tonight." Chris vocalized as he hopped on his feet. I jumped up to racing him toward his car. I promptly got into his car and he swiftly drove to Wal-Mart.

Right away, Chris found a parking spot. We got out and slowly walked toward the door as he lock his fingers with mine, making me smile and lightly blush. Once inside, we got a cart and headed straight for the popcorn isle. We looked at different varieties finally deciding to get Kettle Corn. We went to the next isle and found the sodas. We got 2- 6 packs of bottled Dr. Pepper, Vanilla Coke and Voltage Mountain Dew. Satisfied with our choices of drinks, we walked to the candy isle, my favorite. We looked at the shelves and randomly got $3.00 bags of candy. We got M & M's, Sour Patch watermelons, Sour skittles, Swedish fish, Hershey's, snickers and Twix. People looked at our cart then at us, giving us weird looks but Chris and I just walked around the store with our heads held up high and smiles on your faces. I found a bag of teriyaki beef jerky so we got 2 bags.

The movies we picked out were The Texas Chainsaw, Insidious 2, The Evil Dead, Zombie Land and Drag Me to Hell.

We walked into the house with the bags of junk food. Everybody looked at us weirdly but we just smiled and went into the kitchen. I got a bowl out from the cabinet next to the stove and set it on the table. I then opened a package of popcorn and set it in the microwave, hitting the popcorn button.
"Paige." I heard my brother say from the kitchen entrance.
"Huh?" I turned around.
"The guys and I are going out. I'm leaving you in Chris's care so please don't do anything you'll regret." he raised his eyebrow.
"Don't worry Damian, I won't." I chuckled.
He chuckled back then walked out of the kitchen and closed the front door. I turned around again looking at the popcorn bag rise when I felt two hands around my waist. Chris put his chin on shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"Baby-love, the popcorn is almost done, how about you go set up the movie?" I whispered.
He kissed my cheek again.
"Okay baby."
He turned me around, our faces only 1 inch apart. He leaned forward, closing the gap and pecked my lips.
"I'll be waiting for you in your room then."
He let go of my waist then he walked out of the kitchen, got upstairs and into my room.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:38

Chapter 17

The popcorn was done in the matter of minutes. I popped some in my mouth while I got 2 bottles of Dr. Pepper and 2 cups filled with ice. I balanced them all together in my hands and carefully walked upstairs, making sure nothing falls on the floor. I let out a loud breath once I was in my room and set everything down on my vanity. Chris had spread all of the bags of candy on the bed, leaving no room for us to lay down.
"Where are we supposed to lay down at?" I asked unwary.
"I'm going to take them off the bed." he responded.
I nodded my head and turned my attention to the sodas. I opened both bottles and poured the soda to the brim of the cup, Chris looked at me eerie.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"It's the middle of winter, why are you putting ice in the cups?" he chuckled.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Soda tastes better with ice."

I ignored what he said to me and kept my deliberation on the bottles. I smiled when I turned around and the bags of candy were gone, leaving the bed free for us to lay down and have a good time. I moved the popcorn to the little table I had on the side on my bed and the plopped down on the nice, pleasant mattresses. I smiled to myself when Chris got the movie in and pressed play, signing us that the movie was about to start. We both got under the covers, keeping a little bit of distance between us. I got the bag of sour skittles and started to pop 2 at a time like if they weren't sour at all. Chris looked at me bewildered yet I ignored his stares and kept my eyes on the movie. He shook his head, chuckled and put attention towards to screen also.

I finished half of the bag of skittles and put them aside. I wasn't going to lie, I was getting a little bit despairing. Chris still hadn't brought me close to him, and I still haven't felt his warmness against my body. He kept his hands to himself and kept his distance from me, as I was doing from him. I frowned and suck inside the sheets more, until I was fully laying down.
"Are you tired?" He asked silently.
"Not at all, are you?" I replied back, emotionless.
"No."
I was relaxed even though I would be a lot more relaxed if I was safely in his arms. Chris was starting to act like how he was acting when he asked me to play this stupid game. He's starting to act cocky again. Maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a little bit mad that he doesn't want to cuddle with me, I'm not so sure. Then again, I think I was overreacting a little bit so I'm just going to let it slide down my back and I'm going to enjoy the movie and the silence while I can.

After we were done watching Zombie Land, which was the first movie we watched, Chris took it up a notch and put on a scarier movie. He put on Insidious 2. After a little bit after the movie started, I started to cover my face with my covers again, which he noticed. That's when he saw and gently grabbed me by the waist and dragged me toward him, holding me safely in his arms. 'I've been waiting to do this.' I swear I heard him say.
"It's only a movie baby." he whispered.
"Shut up." I whispered back.
He laughed silently and held me a little bit tighter, I'm just going to enjoy this moment. I wrapped my arms around his torso and hid half of my face in his chest, taking in calm breaths. He stroked my hair then stroked my arms making me loosen up a little bit more and making me sleepy.
"Go to sleep baby, we're going to do something fun tomorrow, I owe it to you." He mumbled.
I nodded my hair.
"Good-night." I responded.
He leaned down and pecked my lips tenderly.

"I love you." I heard him say.
"I love you too." I said between a yawn.
That was indeed the first time he's ever told me he loved me and I seriously believe that he meant every word he said. I know that I deny it but maybe deep deep deep inside my heart, I meant those 3 words too.