My brothers' best friend

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: My brothers' best friend

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:35

Chapter 9

'Mom you can't leave me, I need you.' I said as I grabbed my moms hand.
'You're going to have to go on in life without me darling, you'll do just fine.' my mom answered weakly.
'No mom, I don't want to go on if life without you or dad. I need you both. You guys can't leave Damian and I. Please mom, please fight. You could make it out of here.' I cried out.
She shook her head.
'We're dying baby. I just want you to know that you will find the love of your life one day and when you do, I want you to always hold on to him because he's going to change your life. One day, you will be happy again. Keep that in mind.'
I looked over at my dad. He had a smile on his face.
'I love you baby girl. Your mom and I will look after you from up there.'
And with that, their heart monitors went from individual beeps to a straight line. They were gone. The next thing you know we were at the funeral, 2 separate caskets but would be buried together. I was raining. Damian and I stood close together as the water poured down on us, ruining our clothes. I was only 14 at the time, Damian was 16.

I woke up screaming with sweat running down my forehead, I couldn't breath. I looked at the time, 2:45 a.m. Chris woke up and turned on the light. I started to weep in his chest.
"It was only a dream." he said stroking my hair.
I shook my head.
"It actually happened to me. These nightmares that I've been having were once real."
He kissed my forehead. My mom told me that I would find the love of my life one day. She was always right about everything but how did she know about this? Who is the love of my life? And when will I ever be happy again?

Chris's P.O.V

I shot up out of the bed when I heard Paige scream. She had sweat running down her forehead and was trembling in fright.
"It was only a dream."
I tried comforting her by stroking her hair. She shook her head.
"It actually happened to me. These nightmares that I've been having were once real." she spoke back.
She didn't tell me what her dream was about nor did I want to ask her.

Damian came running into her room but stopped when he saw me sitting on her bed.
"We'll talk about why you're in here later, what happened Paige?" Damian asked in anger.
"I just had a bad dream. Chris came in here after he heard me scream." Paige lied.
Damian's face relaxed after he heard that.
"Is that what happened Chris?"
I simply nodded.
"Why are you wearing his hoodie?" he interrogated.
I opened my mouth to answer but Paige beat me to it.
"Chris let me borrow it after he came in because I was shivering."
Damian came up to us and patted me on the back.
"Thanks man."
I nodded.

"You could go back to sleep now." He calmly said.
I got up and walked out giving Paige the "I'll be back later" look. She nodded her head. I closed the door to my room and turned off the light acting like if I was going back to sleep. I laid on the bed until I heard Damian walked out of Paige's room and go into his own room. I messed up the bed to make it seem like if I had slept there and silently made my way back into her room. She was sitting up in her bed. She saw me coming in and gave me a warm smile. I walked over to her bed and sat down. Our gazes met. Wow, she was radiant. Wait what? No, I take that back. I can't think like this, I don't like her. I need to win this bet.

Paige's P.O.V

We looked at each other in the eyes, not leaving each others gaze. He leaned in and right when our lips were about to touch, I move my head so he could kiss the corner of my mouth.
"You're such a tease." he rolled his eyes.
I smirked at him. I'm not going to fall for him, it doesn't matter what it takes. I promised my brother and I will keep this promise. He turned the light off again and I cuddled against his chest. He kissed my cheek then we both fell asleep.

The Next Morning

I patted the side next to me to feel emptiness. I opened my eyes only to see that the spot were he was sleeping was abandoned, he wasn't there.

I have to get this whole thing out of my head. That was a one night thing, I don't want him sleeping next to me anymore. He's going to get a false idea that I want him when in reality I could care less about him. I got up from my bed and headed toward my mirror fixing my hair and putting it up in a messy bun. I kept his hoodie on only because I was cold and well because it smelled really good. I smiled at myself as I made my way down the stairs. I saw Chris and Damian on the couch with controllers in their hands and chips all over the floor. I rolled my eyes.
"Good morning sunshine." Chris winked at me.
Oh goody, same old Chris back to his ways. I scoffed and made my way toward the couch.
"Abigail is coming over today Damian."
To tell you the truth, I really didn't want to have anyone over today. After what happened last night with the whole Chris thing and the whole nightmare thing I just wanted to be alone.

I was about to call her and notify her that the plans were off but she always comes over to my house on that Friday before Winter Break. It slowly kind of became a tradition. I felt Chris's eyes on me but I kept my eyes down playing with the bottom of his hoodie. The doorbell rang so I got up and answered it. Abigail's face was bright and full of happiness. Whenever she's like this, it usually means she has a new boyfriend.

I was right! She has a lot of explaining to do right now because hugging her from behind was one of my brothers' other best friends Danny. It's funny how I know my best friend like the palm of my hand.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:36

Chapter 10

I raised an eyebrow and moved out of the way so they could enter. The both parted before they went in, Danny going to the couch and picking up a controller and Abi and I going upstairs to my room.
"You have a lot to explaining to do young lady." I spoke, crossing my arms and pretending to be angry.
"Yeah, so do you." She smiled and pointed to Chris's hoodie.
I fell on my bed in defeat. I knew she was going to ask me sooner or later but I choose to tell her later. There are no secrets between Abigail and I so that means I'm going to tell her about the whole incident that happened last night.
"You first." I conversed.
Her face turned rosy pink.
"Well as you can already tell, Danny and I are now together. Yesterday he texted my number and asked to go get ice-cream. How did he get my number? Who knows, but I'm glad he texted me. Anyways, we went to the ice-cream parlor and we sat down with our ice-creams. Then he said "Can I tell you something?" And I said "Sure." and he said "I've liked you for a really long time and it would be an honor to take you on a date." I blushed and looked down while nodding. After that, he asked me out."

She couldn't stop beaming. The twinkle in her eyes gave it all away. I seriously wish I could be happy with my significant other, if only I had one. But no, I have to pretend to be in love with someone I hate because we made a nonsensical bet. So here I am, pretending to be in love with someone so that I won't get mortified in front of the whole school. I knew what Chris was capable of doing, he could ruin my reputation right now if he wanted to, I don't know why I had to be so vacuous.

"So, why are you wearing Chris's hoodie?"
I sighed and opened my mouth to speak.
"We had a moment last night, or at least I thought we had a moment." I spoke quietly and slowly.
"What do you mean?"
Abigail's face looked interested in what I just said.
"Well, last night he came into my room and we started watching "The Devil's Due." Then I got scared and cuddled up against him and he slept in my room and I woke u-"
"Wait!" Abi screamed.
"He slept in here?"
I nodded.
"I got scared and something told me to ask him. He said yes and then I woke up screaming because I had another dream of my mom and dad in the hospital. My mom told me that I was going to find the love of my life."
Her eyes widened.
"Wh-What if it's Chris?" She stuttered.

Did she just say that? I laughed. Chris? The love of my life? How could he be the love of my life if I hate his living guts? You're probably thinking, how could you hate someone if you had a moment with them. He slept in the same bed as you and you fell asleep on his chest. Well let me just make this clear, I don't have feelings for him. We had a little moment. That's where I'm going to leave it and that's where it will stay.

Abigail and I talked for a few hours until her mom called her and she had to go home. I shrugged, I wanted to be alone right now. I wanted to come up with an idea, or a solution of these night terrors that keep haunting me every night. I want to know what my mom meant when she said that I was going to find the love of my life. I've had dreams about them every night, but I've never had my mom tell me this before. I know she's trying to tell me something, I just can't wrap my head around it just yet. Maybe she means that maybe when I win the bet I'll find him or maybe I'll find him now and lose the bet. I ran my fingers through my hair, I was getting exasperated. This can definitely go both ways. I imagine that I got a little bit to infuriated because the next thing I know, I was dreaming again.

"You're going to find him honey, he's so close to you." my mom kept repeating.
"Who mom?" I asked over and over again.
"Your soul mate. I know who he is, I matched you guys myself." my moms smile looked like 1,000 stars shining in the dark night.
"Who is he mom? Please tell me his name." I begged and pleaded.
She smiled again.
"It's-"

I woke up right when she was going to tell me who he was. I wanted to yank my hair out of my head, I've never been so enraged before. I know that my mom could see how mad I was. I was just going to let this slide for now, let fate take the wheel and guide me toward him.

Not caring what my hair looked like, I walked downstairs in my sweats and Chris's hoodie. I put my vans on and headed for the door with my phone in my hand.
"Where are you going?" Damian asked.
"I'm going to the park, I just need to be alone and I'm tired of being stuck in the house."
Damian nodded his head. He knew that when I was going to the park, I was in nothing but thought. The park was where I always went when I was trying to solve things in my life. Chris followed my every move with his eyes. I walked out of the house and started making my way toward the park.

When I got to the park, I sat on the swing that my parents would push me in. That was my thinking spot. I was in no way thinking of Chris or the bet right now, I just set that aside and started thinking of my dreams. I couldn't hold it in, tears streamed down my cheek and fell on the floor. I heard the swing by me creak, I looked over and I saw Chris sitting there, looking at me. I quickly turned my head wiping the tears away. Maybe he didn't notice me crying. He got up and pulled me up with him. He just held on to me not saying a word.

This is exactly what I needed, I needed support and assistance because I was tired of going through this depression alone. I also noticed, that Chris acted a lot more different when we were alone. He actually acted like a boyfriend when we were alone. When he was with his friends or with his posse at school, he acted like a total jerk.

romantic_story
Expert Member

Unread post by romantic_story » 15 Sep 2015 13:36

Chapter 11

"Let's get out of here. It's going to start raining pretty soon." Chris demanded.
I shook my head, I didn't want to leave the park. I dragged my feet making him put force.
"Stop!" I yelled.
He did as he was told and looked at me in confusion. I could see devastation in his eyes, immediately making me regret even yelling at him.
"Sorry." I whispered.
He gave me half a smile and clutched me tightly; yet it was comforting. Maybe it was enough thinking for me today, maybe I should just forget about everything for right now. I noticed I've been trying to forget about everything for a while now, then again, maybe it's good for me. I returned the smile then walked over to his car, opening the door to the passenger side. He quickly made his way to the drivers side, getting in and turning the car on.

"So, where do you want to go today?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road.
"How about we go home?" I gave him a bright smile.
He chuckled.
"No."
I shook my head. I didn't want to go anywhere but home. I wasn't dressed to go out, it doesn't matter where we went.
"How about we go to the movies? You haven't done anything since winter break started. Plus, you're always locked in your room." he vocalized.
"How about we don't?" I gave him attitude. "I'm in sweats and your hoodie. I look ugly right now." I uttered.
He smiled to himself then grabbed my hand, locking our fingers together.
"You look perfect."

I couldn't help but blush at the comment. I had to give in, he was right. I needed to get out of the house if not I was probably going to go lunatic.
"Fine." I smiled.
This boy just made my week.

He took a short cut to the movies so we were there in no time. We walked inside, me keeping a distance from him but not far enough for him to notice.
"Okay, you get the food and I'll get the tickets. Sound okay?" he solicited.
I nodded.
"Sounds good to me."
Chris inclined his head and parted from me, making his way to the ticket booth. I walked up to the counter only to be greeted by the handsome cashier.
"Hey beautiful, what can I get for you today?" He winked.
Oh great, it's another Chris in the making. I mentally rolled my eyes.
"Can I get one big bucket of butter popcorn and 2 large sodas please." I asked in monotone.
"Sure thing baby." he winked once more.
Next thing I know, I feel an arm around my waist bringing me closer. I could smell is cologne from miles away, it's Chris. He kisses my cheek then turned to the guy.
"Wanna keep flirting with my girlfriend bro?" Chris inquired furiously.
The cashiers face turned from flirtatious to panicky.
"Sorry ma'am, I didn't know you had a boyfriend. I don't know why a pretty lady like you would be with such an ill-behaved guy like him." The cashier who's name was Paul smirked evilly.
Chris's eyes turned dark black, I could see the veils popping out of his hands from how hard he was clutching his fists. He slammed his hand against the counter.

"I didn't come here to be insulted by a coward. I definitely didn't come here for you to flirt with my girlfriend so I'm going to ask you nicely. Please give us our damn food so we could enjoy our movie dammit! There are people in line who want to watch a movie too you know." He growled.
Paul could see the fury in Chris's eyes so he quickly filled a bucket with popcorn and the 2 sodas I asked for. After that, we were on our way to see the movie. He held onto my hand and kissed my cheek.

I checked on Chris every once in a while just to make sure he was cooling down. His face turned soft when we sat down in our seats.
"You took that a little bit too personal don't you think?" I asked while looking at him.
"Nobody messes with my girlfriend. Nobody."
His girlfriend? I'm sorry, last time I remember he didn't care about me, now he thinks I'm his girlfriend? I still feel grateful that he stuck up for me. Again, this is the kind of thing I need in my life.

I know I'm going to regret saying this later on but he's the kind of person I need in my life.