Living The Dream - 1

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
The Romantic
Platinum Member

Living The Dream - 1

Unread post by The Romantic » 02 Jan 2015 10:35

Fourteen freaking hours!

That’s the amount of time it took me to fly from my home town Athens, Greece to Chicago.

It was worth every second of hassle though, because my dream finally came true! I got an internship at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, Illinois for the next two months of the summer. Since I was a little girl I wanted to work with animals, specifically dolphins, they fascinated me. And to have a chance to work in USA was everything I could ask for.

I had been a vet student for four years now and I had worked my ass off to get it, I sure as hell deserve it if you ask me. Sure my parents freaked out because according to them, at the age of 22, it wasn’t safe for me to be so far away on my own but they could see how much I wanted it.

When I finally set foot on earth, I climbed into a cab and headed off to my new apartment and settled in.

It was a furnished studio on the fifth floor. There was a small kitchen on the left corner; a blue black couch with a coffee table in front of it and a TV filled the rest of that side. On the other side there was a small wardrobe, a door leading to the bathroom and a double bed with a huge window on its head overlooking the road. Hmm, nice enough.

Looking at the bed, all I could think about was a good nap. I checked the time at my smart phone and swore, 4 p.m. Such a pity my body thought it was midnight. Damn jet lags! I had to be at the Aquarium at 5 p.m. Man, I ‘m gonna pass out.

My apartment was on E 11th St. It was a half an hour walk, so I turned my phone’s GPS on and headed for work.

This city was absolutely amazing!

Shedd Aquarium is an indoor public aquarium. It is surrounded by Museum Campus Chicago, which it shares with the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum of Natural History.
It has a dazzlingly diverse array of animals that inhabit freshwater, marine, terrestrial and even aerial environments. So you’ll see sharks, penguins that “fly” through the water and dolphins that can leap and spin 20 feet in the air.

''You must be Miss Malios, welcome to Chicago.'' Ken Cary, the VP of Animal Health, said as I entered his office. He was a middle age man with a big belly, gray hair and a kind smile.

''Thank you sir.''

''Please have a seat. I see here you applied for the dolphins’ health and training team?''

''Yes, I would love to work with them. I know our educational systems are different but I took all the necessary courses last year'' I said hoping to convince him.

He was silent for a moment, studying my resume. ''Ok then, dolphins it is.'' He announced and I couldn’t help myself from grinning like a fool. ''You will be in Marie Bolton’s crew, she is an excellent vet with a lot of experience.''

''Great! When do I get started?''

''I’ll be waiting for you tomorrow at 8 a.m.''

I really wanted to explore some more of the city after my meeting with Cary but my eyes were closing on their own, so I went straight to bed until the sun rose again the next morning.

Dr. Marie Bolton was a sweet, tiny woman on her late forties. She showed me around and I was in awe of this place. She introduced me to the rest of her team, Tania, Mark, Joan, Peter – the main trainers and Madison – a vet student. I was also introduced to the dolphins. Katrl, Piquet, Tique and Sagu.
They let me feed them and even play with them a little so I would become familiar to them.
After the checkups were over I watched with fascination how the trainers worked.

''So, you are the Greek girl?'' Madison told me after our shift was over and we were in the locker room. She was a beauty; tall, with long blond hair, light green eyes and a slender figure.

''That would be me.'' I said as I was packing my work clothes in my bag.

''You look like one.'' she said looking me over with one of her eyebrows raised.

''Excuse me?!'' I said a little too loud. What the hell?

''Ah you know, dark long hair, brown eyes, thin body with the right amount of the famous greek curves.'' She said smiling. ''And with a temper! I think we’ll get along.''

I laughed. Was this chick crazy?

''See you tomorrow sweaty.''

''Yeah, she is definitely crazy.'' I murmured with a smile.

The Romantic
Platinum Member

Re: Living The Dream - 1

Unread post by The Romantic » 02 Jan 2015 10:37

Living The Dream - 2 (chapter 2)
The last two days were a blur. There had been shows every day and a hell of a lot feeding, check ups and training. Madison had helped me a lot and it tuned out we really got along. She reminded me a lot of my best friend, Anna. She was a teaser, but everyone could tell she was kind-hearted.

‘‘Hi love.’’ A bulky blond guy said before giving Madison a peck on the lips. Hell, bulky didn’t even begin to cover it. With all those muscles and his height he was like a freaking mountain.

‘‘Look who has finally decided to come back to work.’’ Madison said grinning. ‘‘Did your sharks miss you?’’

‘‘Not as much as you missed me. That’s her?’’ he said pointing at me. I arched a brow.

‘‘Yes!’’ Madison exclaimed. ‘‘Kevin this is my new friend, Fay. This is my boyfriend, Kevin.’’
So he was the famous Kevin. She had told me yesterday that he had just passed the board certification exam and now was working here as a veterinarian.

‘‘Nice to finally meet you’’ he said as we shook hands. He had soft brown eyes and a smile on his lips that made him less threatening.

‘‘Likewise, has she been talking about me?’’

‘‘You have no idea! She wants to go to Greece, don’t let her fool you with her charm.’’

‘‘Oh shut up!’’ Madison said and slapped his shoulder playfully.

‘‘Well, I may invite her if she stops bothering me all the time.’’ I replied with a grin.

Madison put her tongue out at me ‘‘Very funny Greek girl. Come on, we have work to do. And you …’’ she pointed at Kevin ‘‘Keller’s Room, nine o’clock. Fay is coming with us!’’

‘‘Oh! I like it here, it’s really cozy!’’ Madison said as I let her in my apartment.

‘‘Thank you. It’s fucking cold out there.’’ I whined closing the door while Madison looked around.

‘‘Don’t be such a baby, it’s not that cold.’’

‘‘Are you kidding me? Three days ago I couldn’t even bear to wear shorts because of the heat.’’

‘‘Well, now you‘ll compromise with …’’ she opened my wardrobe, flipped through my clothes and pulled out a pair of tight black jeans and an asymmetric white shirt ‘‘these! A jacket and you’re ready’’

‘‘See?’ I said pulling my hair back into a high ponytail ‘‘Winter.’’

‘‘No,no,no. Chicago. Now stop talking and get ready.’’

‘‘Wow, you look hot!’’

‘‘Thanks, you’re not bad yourself,’’ I said eyeing her green mini dress. ‘‘you ready to go?’’

‘‘Yeah! Let’s go, they are going to love you!’’

‘‘Where did you say we are going?’’

‘‘Keller’s Room. A friend of mine, Jackson, is working there for the summer helping his brother, Zack.’’

She must have seen the confusion in my face, because she clarified ‘‘Zack owns it.’’

The bar was packed. Brown shades dominated the place; a brown wooden counter was extended on the one side and tables and couches were on the other with two pool tables at the back.
The lighting was low but as we made our way through the crowd I spotted Kevin at the bar talking with a bartender…

Holly crap!

He was bent over the counter, supporting his upper body on his elbow and causing every muscle of his arm to pop out and the sleeve of his black T-shirt to stretch to its limits. He had wide chest and shoulders, short cropped dark hair and a light beard on his face. Straight nose, high cheekbones and sharp angles completed the profile of the sexiest man alive. This man oozed sex. Wild monkey sex!

When the object of my current sexual daydream stood straight and turned his head looking at me, my panties melted. I swear to God, I heard them hitting the pavement. He was tall, over six foot and gorgeous!

‘‘You told me she was pretty Maddie, not so damn sexy.’’ he said as his eyes roamed over my body with appreciation until they settled on my face. I couldn’t tell their exact color in the low lighting, blue maybe? And that deep voice of his! That’s the kind of voice you imagine whispering in your ear during hot steamy sex.

‘‘Can’t I be both?’’ I said with a seductive smile.

‘‘That sweetheart is exactly what you are.’’ he answered right away and winked at me.

‘‘Ok enough of that, introduction time! Fay, Jack, Vincent.’’ Madison introduced us all at once. Vincent was sitting next to Kevin with a bear in hand. He was a skinny guy with brown hair and glasses. He nodded at me with a smile and said ‘‘I hope you like Windy City.’’

‘‘I already love this place. Madison took me on a little tour earlier today.’’

‘‘You really want to go on vacation in Greece next summer huh?’’ Kevin said with a laugh.

‘‘You have no idea. She even offered to clean my place.’’ I said and everyone laughed.

‘‘I already like her.’’ Jack said.

‘‘I see you have already picked a side.’’ Madison told me with narrowed eyes.

‘‘It’s ok baby, don’t cry.’’ Kevin mocked her some more before kissing her. Seeing them like that, in each other’s arms, I realized that they were a matching couple. Kevin’s arms were wrapped protectively around Madison’s body while she leaned her head against his.

‘‘What can I get for you?’’ Jack asked me, no wait, he asked my tits cause that’s where his eyes were.

I snapped my fingers at him to get his attention and he lifted his eyes slowly, lingering a little on my mouth, until they reached my face. A grin was plastered on his face. Jackass - how fitting! ‘‘Vodka on rocks.’’

‘‘Planning to get drunk tonight?’’ he asked and lifted an eyebrow, even that was sexy. I wanted to tear his clothes off and have my wicked way with him. I needed to get laid, there was no other explanation. I wasn’t usually that horny.

‘‘Just celebrating my first night out in Chicago.’’

‘‘You sure you want Vodka though?’’

‘‘I happened to like Vodka, and believe me honey,’’ I said nonchalantly ‘‘one drink won’t even give me a buzz.’’

After a moment he passed me my drink and rested his elbows on the counter, leaning toward me, his face mere inches from mine. I caught his musky, crisp scent for the first time and my breathing hitched. We locked eyes and I couldn’t remember how to breathe. His eyes were mesmerized. Sweet baby Jesus, his eyes! I thought they were blue, but now I can see I was wrong. They were light blue on the verge of gray.

And then he opened his damn mouth. ‘‘Just out of curiosity, how many drinks will get you drunk?’’ That cocky grin made its appearance again and it infuriated me to no end. I guess that was a kind of defense mechanism against his charm.

‘‘That’s a secret I’ll never tell.’’ I said and took a sip of my drink, licking my lips afterwards and holding his gaze. His eyes darted from mine to my mouth.

He muttered something under his breath but I couldn’t catch the words. That was fun, teasing the teaser!

Shaking my head slightly I turned my attention to the rest of
the group.

‘‘You’ll love it Fay! You in?’’ Madison asked bouncing in her seat.

‘‘Yeah definitely.’’ I said with a smile, not having a clue what they were talking about.

‘‘Perfect! You’re not scared of heights, are you? Cause Vincent had thrown up once.’’ She said dramatically and Vincent rolled his eyes muttering ‘‘She’ll never let it go.’’

What in the hell had I just put myself into? ‘‘Not that I’m aware of.’’

We talked some more while Jack got back to work and I kept catching myself looking at him from the corner of my eye. He looked hot serving drinks and he sure as hell knew it.

‘‘I’m here, I ‘m here!’’ I heard someone calling as I was sipping my drink. A petite girl with short black hair and delicate features appeared on my left.

‘‘Hello, I am Vick.’’

‘‘Nice to meet you, I’m Fay.’’ I said with a smile.

‘‘My cousin and best friend. She is the artist of our group and owns a gallery. And somehow she always manages to be late on our dates.’’ Madison said and untangled herself from Kevin. ‘‘Come on you two, it’s girls’ time.’’

We were sitting at a table drinking and laughing for the last hour and a half, sharing embarrassing stories and making plans for the next days. These people barely knew me and yet they accepted me in their little crew. The guys had been friends from high school and these five had been inseparable since Madison and Kevin started dating two years ago. Vincent worked in an advertising company while Jack was in his last year of low school. I’d definitely liked to see that man in a suit.

When we finally decided to join the guys at the bar, Jack was sitting on a stool next to Vincent kissing a redhead. I couldn’t lie to myself, I envied that bitch.

‘‘Don’t be late ok?’’ she purred.

‘‘My shift is over, I’ll be ready in five sweetheart.’’ He said dismissing her.

‘‘Girlfriend?’’ I asked when the woman left.

Jack grimaced but before he could answer Vick said ‘‘She wishes. Our boy here has a problem with commitment.’’

Ah a player… of course.

‘‘No, I don’t. I just get bored easily. What’s the point in dating them if you are gonna damp them a few days later?’’

‘‘It’s not possible not to get bored with all those bimbos, you dickhead. They barely know how to speak!’; Vick said throwing her hands in the air.

‘‘Whatever. I’m outa here. Fay, it was a pleasure to meet you.’’ He said grinning at me before grabbing the redhead, who was waiting at the exit, by the waist and left the bar.

The Romantic
Platinum Member

Re: Living The Dream - 1

Unread post by The Romantic » 02 Jan 2015 10:38

Living The Dream - 1 (Chapter 3)
A noise was pulling me out of my dream, I could hear it but my brain couldn’t quite realize what it was. When I finally managed to open my eyes the sound stopped only to get started a moment later. What the hell? Shit, my phone…

‘‘Hello?’’ I murmured.

‘‘I can’t believe you were still asleep!’’ Madison’s voice came through the receiver.

‘‘What time is it?’’ I asked a little bewildered.

‘‘Almost nine girlfriend!’’ she announced cheerfully. She was not going to be cheerful for long.

‘‘Are you fucking kidding me? It’s Sunday. S-U-N-D-A-Y! Why in the hell would you wake me up so early?’’ I snarled in my phone. I stayed home last night with the intention to get some rest, seeming as work had been wearing me out. Well, that didn’t happen. There was drama on Anne’s love life and I was trying to do some damage control from across the Atlantic. All night! Let me tell you that was not an easy work.

‘‘Not a morning person I see. Get dressed. I’ll pick you up in twenty minutes. We are having breakfast with the guys.’’ She said and hung up. There wasn’t even a sign of fear in her voice from my growling. Unbelievable!

‘‘Hello Sleeping Beauty!’’

‘‘Good morning Mad.’’ I said, my voice full of venom, as I closed the passenger seat’s door.

‘‘Mad? That’s a new one! Everyone calls me Maddie and I really got tired of it. Yeah, I like Mad.’’ she said with excitement and I rolled my eyes.

‘‘Of course you do. It suits you, you are a maddening woman!’’
I was totally serious but apparently she thought it was funny because she started laughing.

I heaved a sigh and murmured ‘‘I’m going to jail.’’

‘‘What?’’ she asked wiping tears away.

‘‘I’m gonne strangle you so get moving already.’’ I crossed my arms in front of my chest because I was really tempted to put my hands around her throat.

Kevin, Vick and Jack were already sitting at a table when we get there.

‘‘Good morning ladies.’’ Jack said and let his eyes travel up and down my body like the last time he had seen me, two days ago.

''Don’t speak to her,’’ Mad warned nodding my way ‘‘she’ll reap your heads off.’’

‘‘I know a way to make your day better.’’ Jack suggested waggling his eyebrows at me.

‘‘For fuck’s sake Jack! It’s ten in the morning and I haven’t even drunk coffee.’’ I barked and went in search of some caffeine. Ok, I may be a bitch in the mornings, but everything feels better after a cup of coffee. Yeah well kind of; I tended to be just a little bit snappy.

‘‘You hurt my feelings.’’ Jack pouted after my cappuccino was over, making me laugh. Smart man, he had waited until coffee was running in my system.

''I sincerely apologize. How can I make it up to you?’’ I could think of a lot of ways, all including us naked. Fuck, what’s happening to me? Every time a saw him my hormones decided to throw a party. It’s his fault. That damn body and face. Couldn’t he at least be ugly?

''You’ll think of something to heal my broken heart. A striptease, an erotic massage maybe?’’

''You can’t help yourself, can you?’’ I teased him. I really enjoyed our little game. Flirting wasn’t hurting anyone, right?

‘‘Not with you.’’ He said with a low voice and his eyes locked on mine, daring me.

‘‘Fuck! Roxana is here.’’ Vick hissed suddenly. Looking at the direction the rest of them looked, I saw Vincent talking with a blond girl.

‘‘Who is she?’’

‘‘His ex-girlfriend. She has been bugging him for the last month.’’ Kevin answered me.

‘‘Bugging?’’ curiosity got the better of me.

‘‘Calling, texting. The funny part? She cheated on him. She is a pain in the ass.’’ Jack explained.

‘‘So, there’s not a chance he would take her back?’’

‘‘Didn’t you hear what I said? She cheated on him!’’ he said emphasizing the last part, his eyes hard.

‘‘Ok, keep your hair on buddy. I just wanted to be sure.’’ I said standing and headed toward Vincent.

He had his back on me and when I reached him I put my arms around his waist.

‘‘Baby, you’re late!’’ I whined and gave the blond a pointed look.

At first Vincent was speechless, but after a moment he put his arm around my shoulders. ‘‘I’m sorry honey.’’

Roxana didn’t return my glare or made a bitchy comment. She just looked at me like she couldn’t believe Vincent was having someone else in his life. All we needed was a little intimidation and she was going to be out of the picture for good.

‘‘Would you leave me alone for a sec with your friend here?’’ I asked with a sweet voice kissing his cheek.

He gave me a strange look but nodded.

When he was out of earshot I channeled my inner bitch. ‘‘Listen to me and listen carefully. You are not going to bother him again. Not a text, not a phone call. You had your chance with him and apparently you fucked up! He doesn’t fucking want you anymore, get used to the idea. I have had enough of that shit. One wrong move, just one and I’ll rip your tits off and shove them down your throat.’’ I said throwing her a lethal glare.

She just looked at me with her mouth hanging open and fear in her eyes. Damn straight! I narrowed my eyes and made a small threatening step toward her. ‘‘Is that clear honey?’’ I said smiling like a maniac.

‘‘Yes, yes clear.’’ She said and bolted.

‘‘What did you say to her and she took off running?’’ Vick asked astonished when I sat on my chair.

I shrugged ‘‘I just gave her a little advice.’’ Turning to Vincent I said ‘‘I hope you didn’t mind me interfering?’’

‘‘Are you kidding me? I was trying to get rid of her for a very long time, I own you, big time!’’ he said and kissed my cheek.

‘‘See? I always know how to pick my friends, she saved your ass! You should thank me!’’ Mad said beaming. And my insides warmed at the word friends.

‘‘Thank you so much Maddie.’’ Vincent obeyed, irony heavy on his tone.

Thursday, finally! Mad and I had the day off, but we were
going to work on Saturday. I loved working at the Aquarium. Marie said I was doing great and she even let me run some test on my own. There were no words to describe how proud I felt at her praise and show of confidence.

‘‘We are going to have Chicago at our feet after lunch! So please hurry! I’m excited to see Fay’s reaction.’’ Mad said.

Ok, that didn’t sound good. I looked at the guys sitting across from us, Vincent was texting someone and Jack murmured indifferent his agreement. No one was going to enlighten me? Fuck it.

‘‘What? Where are we going?’’ I asked suspiciously.

‘‘Don’t you dare! You said you were in, so you’re in!’’ she sounded a hell of a lot like my mum.

‘‘Where are we going Mad? And when did I agree to come?’’ I was really confused here.

‘‘At Keller’s. Do you ever listen to me when I’m speaking?’’ she asked and put her hand on her waist.

''Sorry mummy. Won’t do that again. Swear to God.’’ I said and made my sad puppy face. ‘‘Pinkie promise?’’ I teased holding my pinkie out at her.

‘‘Idiot!’’

‘‘Mummy said a bad word!’’ I called out putting my hands on my ears with a socked expression on my face. The guys bursted out laughing.

‘‘Shut it already.’’ She said and ruffled my hair.

103rd floor glass viewing platform. That’s where we were right fucking now, well except for Vincent. He was standing a few feet away from us on solid concrete floor. At 1,353 feet up, the Ledge’s glass boxes extend out 4.3 feet from the skyscraper’s Skydeck. What a view!

I looked straight down and … ‘‘Shit!’’ Adrenaline rushed through my system. My body sensed I was in danger even though I knew I wasn’t. ‘‘It’s incredible!’’ I had never experienced something like that before. Survival instincts and sanity fought against each other to take control of my body.

‘‘Welcome to Chicago Greek girl.’’ Jack said and snapped a picture of me with his phone.

‘‘I just knew you would like it!’’ Mad said thrilled, well I was beyond thrilled.

‘‘Thank you mummy!’’ I said hugging her.

‘‘If you are a good girl I’ll bring you up here again.’’ She said laughing.

Jack put his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. It was the first time he had ever touched me. A weird feeling of ecstasy overwhelmed me and my mind became foggy for a moment. His firm body felt amazing against mine, his tight hold on my waist made me think what it would feel like to have his hands all over my naked body. Damn it, snap out of it woman!

‘‘Let’s take some pictures.’’ Jack suggested and held his phone at arm’s length to take our picture together.

Ten minutes and a lot more photos later we were back on concrete.