Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl English

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
romantic_story
Expert Member

Re: Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl English

Unread post by romantic_story » 23 Aug 2015 08:17

Story of a Not-So-Romantic-Girl - Chapter 9 (Part 2)
Sorry it took a little long but here is the rest of chapter 9 'Friends'.
They were about to enter the parking area when Olivia saw a girl standing next to Russell's car.
"Looks like your girlfriend is waiting for you and boy does she look angry!" Olivia exclaimed.
"What? Who?" Russell looked out the window baffled.
"Shit! Turn the car around. I'll explain later but let's get out of here first." Russell almost yelled while ducking under the car's dashboard.

"Woah!! What was that?"

"I hope she didn't see us," Russell sighed sitting back straight.

"Why did we just run from her?"

"She is my ex... and it's a long story."

"Ohk... Now it makes sense why she is so crazy."

Russell was thankful she didn't try asking him for any details but at the same time was puzzled by her absence of curiosity. 'First time someone didn't ask me what the long story was!' He thought.

"I know she never really got over me." Russell smirked.

"I meant anyone would go crazy if they were in relationship with you." Olivia said with a completely expressionless face.

"But WE never dated so how come you are so crazy." Russell teased making a quizzical expression.

"Hey!! I'm not that crazy. Weird maybe but not at all bitchy crazy like her."

"Relax! I was just kidding," Russell rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, what about your car now?"

"I will get it tomorrow. Can you drop me to my apartment?" Requested Russell.

"Sure, but first ask me nicely."

"Please drop me to my place." Russell batted his eyes.

"No. Try again." Olivia said trying to stifle a giggle.

"Are you really gonna make me beg?"

"Why not? Consider it a little payback for how you treated me earlier."

"I thought we were past that. Look you were a fresher so it was my duty to trouble you, maybe I got little overboard with it but are you really going to hold on to that?"

"Duty? Really? That's what you call it?" Scoffed Olivia.
"Dude, you really need to learn how to ask people for help."
"Anyway, I was just kidding with you. I'll drop you to your place."

Olivia drove as Russell gave directions. It was fifteen minutes past five when they finally halted in front of a building.

"Thanks for the ride. Bye," said Russell getting out of the car.

"Bye... Oh I forgot. We need to figure out how we will do the project. So think of some ideas and we will also have to coordinate our timings..." Olivia got out of the car.

"It's just a literature assignment. Don't be so hyper. Chill out!"

"Yeah, you are right when you are there to do all the work why should I be worried."

"Hey, no need to be..."

"Listen I took literature for fun. But since I'm stuck doing this project with you I can't relax."

"OK. Come we will work up a plan today itself." 'God this girl needs to learn to chill out a bit.'

"Good. So.."

"I'm not discussing the plan standing here. Let's go inside and then talk about the project."

"Fine." Olivia replied after checking her watch.

Olivia looked around with a blank face. She didn't understand what to make of Russell's house. She wasn't even sure if she should call it house or just apartment. It was a two bedroom apartment with a spacious lobby and an open kitchen cum dining room. The whole place had a very impersonalised touch to it. It was evident that he lived alone. The place gave a strangely dull vibe despite the good infrastructure. Feeling a bit awkward Olivia sat on the couch and placed her bag on the small coffee table in front of her.
"So?" Russell asked sitting on a bean bag in front of the table.

"OK. So we will need to coordinate our work for the assignment to work. How about we meet every alternate day, discuss our ideas and progress accordingly?"

"Are you using the project as an excuse to meet me?" Asked Russell narrowing his eyes.

'Wow, he is so self-obsessed.' Olivia thought
"Ya. You are so awesome. I just can't stay away from you." She commented.

"I'm so tired of hearing girls say that." Russell sighed

"If you are done joking, may we concentrate on the project?" Olivia was getting irritated now.

'She is so cute. She gets annoyed so easily.' Russell thought.

"Fine. Which character do you want to choose?"

"I haven't thought of that yet. What do you think?"

"I don't know. Let's think of some classic characters first."

After a little discussing and a lot of arguing, they had a list of 15-20 characters which included Sherlock Holmes, professor Moriarty, Emma, Lestat, Jane Eyre, Lyra Silvertongue, James Bond, Hannibal Lecter, Charlotte, Hermione Granger, Moll Flanders, Alex Rider, Gandalf the gray and a few more.

"I think we have more than enough characters to choose from now." Said Russell.

"Hmm. What's the time?" Asked Olivia stretching her arms over her head.

"It's about 8."

"Oh! I should leave now. We can discuss further later." Olivia picked up her bag and walked towards the door.

"So we meet tomorrow?" Asked Russell.

"No, I might be busy tomorrow. How about I text you when we can continue the discussion?"

"Sure," Russell replied.