The Ancient’s Son -The life and story of Arkanon Leyan

Contains all kind of sex novels in Hindi and English.
sexy_parul
Expert Member

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 11

Unread post by sexy_parul » 31 Dec 2015 13:56

Chapter 11

Within a purple void, two beings watched the events of the universe. One was a slim figure made of pure white energy and had blue eyes. The other was a larger figure made of completely black energy and had red eyes.

A feminine voice came from the white one. “Brother, something is going to happen soon. The demons are preparing to make a move.”

“Mmm, the demons and guardians have unconsciously entered a ceasefire these past hundred or so years. But now it seems the demons are about to strike.” A deep voice came from the black one.

“I wish I could help the guardians. It pains me to watch them suffer.”

“I also wish we could help, but it is not our place to interfere nor do we have the ability to.”

“I know that, Kai, but I still wish we could do something other than sit here and watch what happens.”

“Patience, Khi, I’m certain something is bound to happen which will give us the ability to help the guardians. For now, we must bide our time.”

The white one, Khi, could only mutter to herself. “What’s the point of us becoming this powerful if we can’t do anything?”

The two beings stayed there, continuing to watch as events unfolded themselves.

“Hey Areath, I have a question.” Arkanon said to Areath as they were walking.

“Go ahead and ask.” Areath said.

“I’ve noticed there was a pretty big difference from when my power first came out to now. I don’t feel that same amount of strength.”

“You didn’t know about a guardians ‘awakening’?”

“No, what’s that?”

“It speaks for itself. It’s when a guardian awakens their ability. It usually results in a massive amount of power flowing through their body. That’s how you could fight those three demons. If you were to fight the same demons now, chances are you would only be able to barely get away. You’d most likely end up dead.”

“Does a guardian only awaken once?”

“That’s something I can’t answer confidently. There are rumors that some of the first guardians could awaken to a different form. I think it was called something along the line of a ‘true form’. The true form’s power easily rivaled that of an Ancient or Corrupted. I also remember hearing that as long as a guardian reached a certain level of power, a true form was possible. But with each generation of guardians, the Ancient blood in all of us has weakened greatly though, which resulted in us becoming weaker. I’m not completely sure though, as this is rumors mixed in with some things I do know.”

“Is it possible for me to reach that stage?”

“Of course it’s possible. It’s possible for all guardians and demons. What you probably mean is what the chances are, and the chances of that is very low. We’ve yet to see a ‘true form’ in the past few billion years. If there was one that had reached that level of power, it’s been hidden pretty well.”

“It would make sense if they were hidden. I doubt either side would want the other to know about such a powerful person.”

“Ah, here we are.”

Whilst talking, Arkanon and Areath had arrived at the training grounds. Arkanon looked around and saw various other students were training. Some used their weapons while others were using energy. He found it interesting to watch some of the students shoot fire energy as fire bolts while others using the same type used it as a wave a of flame. Students using the liquid type would switch between using it as a whip and using it as a straightforward blast. Ones that used air used it as something similar to condensed air blades or would summon a miniature cyclone that tore up the area around it. The students that used lightning would shoot out bolts that struck the targets fast, and they would also have occasional lightning bolts strike at a random area from around their body.

One thing Arkanon noted was that although energy users could perform the same things, they all had different ways of attacking. Most were common from what he saw while others were unique. Some had flames erupt from the ground their feet, while others had formed large golems made of liquid. Air users would be able lift themselves off the ground or give themselves an extra boost. The lightning users would infuse their body with the lightning, putting extra power behind their attacks and giving them a big speed boost.

Seeing these people use such creative methods, Arkanon couldn’t help but be amazed. He then made a resolve to try and create a creative method like everyone else.

“Hey Areath, how do you plan on training me to use my short sword?” Arkanon asked.

“What do you mean?” Areath asked back.

“Well, I mean you use a two-handed sword while I use a short sword. How do you plan on training me without a short sword as well?”

“It’s up to you to learn how to use your sword. I’m only going to show you how to fight and defend yourself.”

“But what about sword stances and such?”

“Sword stances aren’t going to help you live on the battlefield. Besides, you already look like you can wield your sword like a veteran. Which isn’t all too surprising.”

“Still, I don’t think this is right.”

“Relax, just rely on your instinct in a fight. It’s a lot better than trying to pull some stupid shit thinking that you’ll be fine.”

“But Jared told me that purely relying on instinct will most likely get me killed.”

“Then Jared is wrong. One of the best things to rely on in a battle is instinct. If it’s a one versus one situation, then maybe sword stances and such would work. But a battlefield is complete chaos. It’s better to revert back to a primal state of mind and follow the flow of battle.”

“You two have different mindsets on this.”

Areath sighed. “I won’t tell you which way to fight, Arkanon. Ultimately, the way you want to fight is up to you. I’ll train to read an enemy and help you improve your reaction speed as well as instruct you where to strike at. If you want to learn sword stances, you’ll have to either ask Jared or other instructors since I’m not familiar with them.”

“I think… I think that’s all I want. For now at least. I also feel that relying on my instinct is one of the best things to help me survive.”

“Hm. Good. Alright, we’ll start with teaching you how to use your energy. As a quick warning, and I’m sure you read this in the book, if you try to do something that exceeds your strength, it will kill you. So be cautious when you train. Okay, for starters, gather the energy from your body.”

Arkanon stood still and felt within himself to find that strange power. Once he had it, he started to exert it through his body causing white lightning to start crackling around his body.

“Good, now focus it on the tip of your finger and shoot it out towards one of the targets.”Arkanon did so and a fast bolt of lightning shot out from his finger and struck one of the training targets. The target, being solid metal and resilient so as to not quickly be destroyed by the students, still had a massive dent from Arkanon’s energy blast.

“I keep forgetting that you’re not normal. I shouldn’t even be surprised that you could put a dent into that. Yet I’ll be damned if still not amazed by the fact that you can do this as a ten year old kid.”

Arkanon grinned and was about to reply when his mind went blank and he collapsed to his knees.

“You alright?”

Arkanon could only weakly nod his head in response.

“Sit down and rest for a couple minutes.”

Arkanon nodded his head once more and sat back. It felt like his entire body had been drained of it’s strength. After sitting down for a few minutes, he finally regained some of his strength. He stood up and turned towards Areath.

“Are you okay to continue?” Areath asked.

“Yeah, I should be okay now.” Arkanon said.

“Alright, let’s move on. So, as you’ve noticed, when you use your entire body’s worth of energy, you can do a lot of damage. However, you also use up most of your strength. Now, try gathering the energy from just your right forearm. After that, shoot it out.”

Arkanon once more summoned the energy from within his body and gathered it at the tip of his finger. A lightning bolt shot out and hit the target, this time making only a tiny dent. This time though, he didn’t nearly pass out.

“Notice a difference?” Areath asked.

“Yeah, I’m not out of strength. I also feel like I could do that again.”

“You’re correct. When using energy on the battlefield or in general, you need to be careful how much you use. If you use all the energy in your body, you’ll become weak and vulnerable. However, if you use much smaller bursts, you can do far more damage over time. Only use all your energy as a last resort. From today onwards, I want you to try to use your energy as efficiently as possible while trying to maximize how much you get out of it. That’s all I’ll help you for energy today. Do you think you can go on today?”

“I can try.”

“Okay. Normally, I’d have you try to strike me in some way. However, since you’re already tired, it’d be better for you to use a training dummy. Here come over to this one.” While saying so, Areath walked over to a metal training dummy that was human shaped. “Here, try attacking this one.”

Arkanon walked over while unsheathing his sword. He took a deep breath then struck as fast as he could at the training dummy. He attacked first with a slash from the dummy’s right shoulder to the left help, then with a slash at the throat before finishing it with a slash to the head. The dummy was mostly unaffected by the sword slashes and had only small indents on it from where Arkanon’s sword hit.

“Hm, okay, we’re off to a good start. You won’t be able to do much more as you are now. Once you get older and stronger, you should be able to cut straight through the metal. These dummies right here are only slightly stronger than the armor demons use.”

“So once I can cut through the dummies, I can cut through demons?”

“Yeah, even though you said it kind of weird. Anyways, I recommend training with this dummy for a few hours. After that, it’d probably be wise to stop for the day. You did exhaust yourself pretty heavily earlier.”

“Okay, I’ll stay here and practice.”

“Then I’ll see you later, Arkanon. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to come find me.” Areath walked off into the training grounds and soon disappeared from Arkanon’s sight.

‘I’ll keep swinging at this dummy until I’m tired’ Arkanon thought to himself. ‘I have to get stronger.’ Arkanon kept attacking the training dummy. After a few hours of training, Arkanon had stabbed his sword into the ground and was resting on it. Sweat was dripping from his face and he was panting heavily.

“I… I suppose that’s… enough for one day.” He muttered to himself.

He stood back up and started to trudge through the grounds, heading back to his cabin. He had his head lowered and looked ready to fall over at a moments notice. Along the way, he ran into someone.

“Hey Arkanon! Wow, you like tired today.” A voice called out from in front of Arkanon.

He looked up and saw Veld standing there. “Hi Veld.” Arkanon said tiredly.

“Did you even get any rest after yesterday?” Veld asked curiously.

“I did, I’m just tired from today.”

“Ah, I see. Well, it’s something you’ll have to get used to being here. I just happened to see you and was going to ask if you wanted to go to the dueling grounds with me, but it seems you’re not really up for it right now.”

“Although I appreciate the offer, I’ll have to pass today. I just want to go sleep right now.”

“Yeah, I won’t hold you up anymore. I’ll see you later, Arkanon.”

“See you.”

Arkanon continued on his way and soon reached his cabin. He unlocked the door and went inside, locking the door behind him. He unbuckled the sword from his side and went over to his bed and flopped on the bed. He quickly fell asleep.

Arkanon found himself floating within a black empty space. He doesn’t know what happened or how he got there, but he could only feel one thing: an immense fear. Arkanon tried to move his body, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t move a single inch. He wanted to call out for help, but he couldn’t open his mouth. No matter what he did, he was stuck there. He could only wait for something to happen.

After a while, Arkanon was still floating there. The feeling of fear never left him. He felt himself about to go mad. Before his eyes, two massive red eyes opened before him. Arkanon felt himself freeze and his mind went blank. The power that he felt from the eyes easily surpassed him. He could feel the eyes stare directly into his soul. He stayed like that for a short time, with the red eyes staring at him.

Arkanon then heard a voice enter his mind. This voice was overwhelming, and carried a massive weight with it and it only said a single word. “Arkanon…”
---------------------------------------------------------

Fuck Me if you can

sexy_parul
Expert Member

Re: The Ancient’s Son -Chapter 12

Unread post by sexy_parul » 31 Dec 2015 13:57

Chapter 12

Within the purple void, the two beings continued watching.

“Something is happening.” The black one said.

“What? Where?” The white one asked.

“On this planet here. Something is blocking my view of it.”

“That should be impossible. There should be no other being that can interfere with our sight.”

“I’d say so as well, but it’s happening. Wait, it’s back. I got full view of it again.”

“Quickly search it. If something was able to interfere with us, we can’t just sit by idly.”

“I know, give me a moment… Nothing is out of the ordinary.”

“But how? There’s no way everything is fine after that.”

“I don’t know. I’m as confused as you on this.”

“I think we need to pay close attention to the people from that planet.”

“I agree.”

Arkanon felt his body go numb from fear. ‘What is this thing? How does it know my name? What does it want?’ Countless questions flashed through his mind.

Arkanon finally found the ability to speak. “Who or what are you?”

The giant red eyes only continued to stare at him, not saying anything.

“How do you know my name?”

“…”

“Where am I and why am I here?”

“…”

Arkanon started to grow increasingly nervous due to the silence.

“You will do.”

“What?”

A giant black clawed hand reached towards Arkanon. Arkanon tried to get away, struggling as hard as he could, but to no avail. The giant hand extended its index finger and poked him in the middle of his forehead. Arkanon felt complete agony as something invaded his mind.

“AAAAAHHHHH!” Arkanon cried out as he felt his mind being twisted and torn apart.

“Return and be gone from my sight.”

“AAAAHHHH!” Arkanon woke up screaming. He looked around frantically before realizing that he was back in his cabin. His body was shaking and covered in sweat. He covered his face with his hands as he took several deep breaths to calm himself down.

Arkanon got out of bed and went to the bathroom. He turned on the cold water and washed his face off. After he dried his face off, he looked into the mirror and noticed his left eye had turned from light blue into a blood-red color. He stumbled backwards in shock and slipped.He sat on the ground and clasped both his hands over his left eye. His body started shaking once more and he started panting heavily. He stayed like that for a few minutes before standing back up with unsteady legs. He moved his trembling hands away from his eye and looked back into the mirror. He saw that his eye color turned back into a light blue. His body relaxed and most of the shaking stopped, but he still had a deep lingering fear.

‘What is happening? Why is it happening to me?’ Arkanon thought to himself. ‘Should I tell someone about this? No. That won’t work. I look fine now and they’d think that I just had a bad nightmare if I say anything. For now, I’ll carry this secret with me.’

Arkanon left the bathroom and was about to lay back down, but stopped himself. Instead he grabbed his sword and buckled it onto his side. He went outside and started heading towards the training ground. It was nighttime and in a cloudless sky, a full moon lit the surroundings around Arkanon. He could make his way around with minimal effort. Eventually he found himself standing at the training ground. He took a deep breath before unsheathing his sword and walking up to one of the training dummies. He took a swing at the dummy, striking it across the chest, then swung again at the waist. He swung again and again, his mind eventually becoming blank. Doing this helped Arkanon calm and clear his mind. He kept swinging his sword for a few hours until he grew tired. Sitting back and resting, he heard a mischievous, immature voice from behind him.

“Hey there, it’s not often that I see people like you at night.”

Arkanon turned around, but couldn’t find the speaker.

“I’m right here. Can’t you see me?”

Arkanon looked around him. “Where?”

“Right here.” A creature with jet black skin appeared right in front of Arkanon. Even though most of his appearance was shrouded in the dark, he didn’t seem much older than Arkanon, perhaps around his age. His dark blue eyes stared straight at Arkanon’s face.

Arkanon jumped a little at the sudden appearance, but immediately calmed down. “Are you a Spectre?”

“Do you really need to ask? Yes, I am. My name is Berok, nice to meet you.”

“My name is Arkanon, it’s nice to meet you too.”

“So Arkanon, what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?”

Arkanon hesitated for a moment. “Just clearing my mind.”

“Got a lot going on?”

“In a way. So what are you doing out here?”

“Training, same as you.”

“Why so late at night?”

“You ask some pretty stupid questions. It’s because I’m nocturnal. I come out to train at night time and sleep during the day.”

“Yeah, that should’ve been obvious. Sorry, my head is just really jumbled right now.”

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Just need to clear my head for now.”

“If you say so. If you ever need someone to talk with, I’m usually out here at night.”

“Alright, I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Then I’ll talk with you later, Arkanon.” Berok got up and started walking away.

“Yeah, see you later.”

‘He seems to be pretty friendly.’ Arkanon thought to himself. ‘I can understand why though. There’s hardly anyone else out here at this time. He probably just wanted someone to talk with.’ Arkanon stood back up and grasped his sword. ‘Alright, enough dawdling. I hated that feeling of powerlessness. I don’t ever want to feel that again.’

Arkanon started attacking the dummy again. He constantly struck the dummy, and soon, countless slashes could be seen across it.

“There’s only one more thing I want to try before I’m done here.” Arkanon muttered to himself.

Arkanon summoned the energy in his right arm and directed it to his sword. The sword started to crackle with white lightning.

“Here we go.”

Arkanon moved towards the dummy and brought his down in an angled arc aiming towards the dummy’s left shoulder. The blade let out a loud screech as it sliced straight through the dummy, stopping halfway to the right hip. Arkanon tried pulling the sword out, but it snapped, leaving a large piece of the blade stuck in the dummy.

“Well crap.” Arkanon looked at the broken blade with an annoyed look. He sighed and put the remains of the blade back into the sheath.

“Since that’s done for, I’ll just practice using energy.”

Arkanon stood there and thought about different ways to use his energy

“For now, let’s try to do something simple.”

Arkanon summoned the energy from both his arms. With the lightning crackling around his, he directed it to his infuse his arms. He didn’t feel anything different, just a little increase in his strength.

“That’s somewhat disappointing. I thought it would do something more than that. Hmm.” Arkanon closed his eyes momentarily. “Wait, what if I do this.”

Arkanon summoned the energy in his arms again. This time, he directed the energy to infuse his muscles. Arkanon noticed a huge jump in his strength. Excited, he walked up to one of the dummies and punched it straight in the chest with his right arm. The dummy’s chest caved in from the blow. Arkanon’s cry of joy turned into a yelp of pain as he noticed that the skin on his knuckles split open and his fingers got dislocated. Without a second thought, Arkanon gathered the energy in his left hand and held it over his right. He directed the energy to heal his hand. Once it was done healing, he opened and closed his right hand to test it. After he found out that it was only sore, he let out a sigh of relief.

“I injure myself far too much. I think I’m more of a danger to myself than anything else. But I figured out something interesting. If I infuse a certain part of my body with energy, it’s far stronger than if I were to infuse that general part. So I can infuse my muscles to get a large burst of strength, but it leaves me defenseless. I’m guessing if it was the other way around and I was to infuse my skin and toughen it, I could take more damage, but I wouldn’t be able to do as much damage.” Arkanon sighed. “There’s so many different ways to use energy, and I’ve only scratched the surface. Well, that’s enough for now.”

Arkanon walked back to his cabin. Once he got inside, he was tempted to sleep, but he still feared that he would meet tat overpowering monster again. He unbuckled his sword and sat at his desk and looked at the different books. Some books were on strategy while others were survival books. He also found a small collection of books that was on other races’ anatomy. A couple were also instructional manuals on how to fly spaceships.

He picked up a book on strategy and started reading through it. He found it difficult to understand and couldn’t focus on reading it. While reading the book, Arkanon could feel exhaustion creeping up on him until he fell asleep. He had a dreamless night.

Arkanon woke up when he heard knocking at the door. Looking around, he noticed he had fallen asleep at his desk while reading a book. Noticing that he drooled a little on it, he quickly wiped his mouth off then cleaned the book as best he could. He heard another knock at the door. Deciding to deal with it later, he closed the book and put it back on the desk. Standing up and stretching his cramped legs, he walked over to the door and opened it. He saw Jared standing outside.

“Morning, Arkanon.” Jared said.

“Morning.” Arkanon replied groggily rubbing his eyes.

Jared noticed the light scars on Arkanon’s left arm. “What the hell happened to your arm?”

“It was an energy backfire.”

“Is it fine? Backfires can be pretty extreme.”

“Yeah, it’s fine. I was able to heal it right afterwards.”

“You healed yourself right afterwards?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure you’re really a kid?”

“I’m sure most people question that.”

“Doesn’t it worry you that people question it in the first place?”

“No. Should it?”

“Yes it should.”

“Okay, we’ve established that I’m not normal, can we move on?”

“Yes. So, how are you holding up after your second day?”

Arkanon thought about the experience from the dream he had. “It was alright, just learning how to properly use energy and use my sword.” Arkanon’s eyes suddenly opened wide as he remember his sword. “Ah shoot, that’s right. My sword broke earlier.”

“Your sword broke? How?”

“I was training earlier and infused it with energy. I cut halfway through a dummy. The blade got stuck inside it and when I tried to pull it out, the blade snapped off.”

“Arkanon, here’s some advice. Don’t infuse your weapon with energy. When you do so, it can get a lot of power out of a single strike, but it deteriorates the blade. Since our weapons aren’t normal and are infused with energy when they’re forged, if you use energy in the weapon again, it’s the same as using all the energy in the weapon, reducing it to a normal weapon.”

“So that’s why I was able to cut through it like that and why it broke?”

“Yes, it’s not a wise idea to use energy through your blade. Only ever use it if you’re desperate.”

“It seems that guardians have a lot of last resorts.”

“The demons have the same as us. Both sides share the same power and ability. Keep that in mind.”

“I will.”

“Alright Arkanon, I’ll leave now. It seems like you’re doing okay, if I can even call it that. If you need anything, you know where to find me.”

“Okay, Jared, I’ll see you later.”

“See you.” Jared walked away.

“I guess I should go see Krik and get a new sword.” Arkanon buckled the sword sheath to his side and left his cabin. As Arkanon looked up, he saw the sun was right above him. ‘Seems to be about mid-day.’ While walking, Arkanon saw Veld in front of him. Veld looked like he was arguing with another student. The other student seemed to be a Trethian like Veld.

Once Arkanon got close enough, he heard Veld talking.

“I’m tired of you always bugging me. Can’t you do something better with your time?”

Arkanon called out to Veld. “Hey Veld! Is everything okay?”

Veld turned around when heard Arkanon call out his name. “Oh, Arkanon. Yeah, just give me a second here.”

The other student also turned towards Arkanon. “Fuck off brat, this isn’t any of your business.”

Veld turned around on the student. “Hey, you listen to me. You better back off and shut the fuck up. If not, I’ll give you the ass kicking you so desperately want. No one talks to my friend that way. No one.”

The student snarled in anger, but turned and left. As he walked away, he glared at Arkanon.

“Who was that?” Arkanon asked.

“His name is Mith. Don’t worry about him, he just keeps bugging me for a fight. Anyways, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, was going to get a new sword. I just happened to see you and was going to see how you were doing.”

“Well, my day would be fine if that asshole didn’t come around. Anyways, you said you were going to see Krik, right?”

“Yeah, do you want to come with?”

“Sure, it wouldn’t hurt to see if there’s anything new.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

Arkanon and Veld walked through the cabins until they reached Krik’s weapon storage. Walking inside, they looked around. Krik came walking out from a row and noticed the two.

“Well if it isn’t Arkanon and Veld. I didn’t expect to see you so soon again Arkanon, and it’s been a while since you last came, Veld. What can this old boulder do for you?”

“I accidently broke my sword.” Arkanon said while pulling his sword out of its sheath.

“You just got that thing yesterday! How did it already break so soon?” Krik cried out in shock.

“I infused it with energy when I was training.”

“Boy, didn’tcha know that pretty much destroys the weapon?”

“I didn’t know until afterwards.”

“Ay, boy you’re going to make me head ache.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Just be a little more careful in the future. Anyways, put the sword back in its sheath and hand it to me. I’ll repair it later. Go get another sword, assuming that’s what you still want. If you pick anything different, be sure to see me before you leave.”

“Okay, I’ll make sure I do.” Arkanon started walking towards the row that had all the swords. Veld was walking behind Arkanon and looking at the weapons as they walked past.

“Hey Arkanon, how come you’re getting a short sword?” Veld asked.

“Because it feels the most natural to me.” Arkanon replied.

“I still haven’t stuck with a weapon.”

“How come?”

“I don’t know. Nothing feels right to me. I try it and I eventually dislike using it after a while. The weapon that I have right now and I’ve kept the longest is a long staff.”

“You like fighting bare-handed, right?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“I figured it out from when we dueled. You seemed to enjoy it a lot.”

“Huh, I didn’t know I was that obvious.”

“Since you like fighting bare-handed that much, why not pick out a pair of claws?”

“A pair of claws? Are there any here?”

“Yeah, they’re towards the back.”

“Really, I’m going to grab them real quick and let Krik know. Thanks for telling me.”

“No problem.” As Veld ran towards the back, Arkanon continued on his way and grabbed a short sword. Buckling it on his side, Arkanon walked to the front and waited for Veld. After a couple of minutes, he saw Veld running up to the front.

“Sorry for taking so long.” Veld apologized.

“It’s alright.” Arkanon noticed the clawed gauntlets on Veld’s hands. “I see you got your claws.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to test them out.”

“What do you plan on doing next?”

“I’m going to head to the training field to try these out.”

“Alright, then I’ll go with you. I still have some things I want to practice.”

“Sure thing, let’s go.” Veld was giddy with excitement, and nearly tripped on his way out.

Arkanon followed behind Veld as they headed out to the training grounds.
---------------------------------------------------------

Fuck Me if you can

Fuck_Me
Platinum Member

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 13

Unread post by Fuck_Me » 01 Jan 2016 09:49

Chapter 13

In a dimly lit room, multiple figures sat around a table. One of them was Harei. He sat there with his head resting on hands, eyes closed deep in thought.

“Hmm. So they’re starting to make a move.” Harei opened his eyes.

“Yes sir. The Demons have been quiet for a while, but now it appears they’re gather their forces and plan an assault on our forward bases.” A draconian sitting at the table said.

“How long do we have before fighting breaks out?”

“Based on our scouts, we estimate that it will be six to ten years.” A Trethian said.

“Good, it’s neither a short nor long period of time. Start preparing troops and have them ready to deploy at any time.”

“Sir?”

“An estimation is merely a guess. If we only follow guesses, we’ll lose. The Demons are unpredictable. They may attack at any moment.”

“By your orders, Commander Harei.”

Arkanon and Veld were walking towards the training grounds.

“Hey Arkanon, do you only plan on using a short sword?” Veld asked.

“For now. It’s the only thing I can really handle with my current body size and strength. I’ll most likely continue using a short sword though.” Arkanon said.

“Why a short sword though? Once you grow older and bigger, wouldn’t something like a long sword work?”

“I could probably use one, but I like how light and fast I can swing a short sword.”

“To each their own, I guess.”

“Hey Veld, what type of energy is yours?”

“I have liquid type. What about you?”

“Mine is lightning. Have you found out any unique way to fight with energy?”

“Yeah, I can cover my body and form it into a type of armor. It’s pretty helpful when I want to deliver a powerful punch or cover myself from an attack, although it can only hold out against one attack. Have you come up with anything yet?”

“I’m working on it. I’m learning how to strengthen myself by infusing energy into my body.”

“Be careful doing that, the instructors warned us that when we infuse our bodies, we have a chance of causing our bodies to explode. I mean literally explode.”

“Has it happened before? And how?”

“Yes it has, and it happens because it’s too much power being put into our bodies. It can’t handle the massive buildup of energy and it causes it to explode out from within, blowing apart our bodies.”

“That sounds like an extremely unfortunate fate.”

“Yeah, that’s why I instead practice with it externally. Oh hey, we’re here! I can finally try out these claws!”

While they were talking, they arrived at the training ground. Now that it was during the day, there were many students out trying various things.

“Hey Arkanon, I’m going to go slice up a dummy, what do you plan on doing?”

“I’ll go find a target for energy. I want to try to do something.”

“Alright, I’ll meet up with you in a couple hours then!”

Arkanon nodded his head and walked off to find a target. Having found one, Arkanon stood there, thinking. ‘I learned I can infuse my body which can help out in various ways, but that’s close combat. I want something to attack at a range. Hmm. A normal ranged energy attack isn’t sufficient. It can barely make a dent in these targets. Wait, what if I try this…’

Arkanon summoned the energy from his arms and gather it in his hands. He then combined the energy from both his hands and shot it towards the target. A large lightning blast came from his hands and struck the target. The blast caused a medium sized dent to form in the target.

‘Not bad, but it needs something more.’ Arkanon closed his eyes and his brow furrowed as he tried to think on how to improve it. “What happens if I condense even further…? I’ll try it.”

Arkanon once more gathered the energy from his arms and this time put it into the tips of his index and middle finger on both hands. He crossed his arms over his chest and then swung them outwards. Once his fingers intersected, a small beam of energy shot out at an incredible speed. The beam pierced straight through the target and continued shooting past it.

“Holy shit!” “What the hell!” Some of the students around Arkanon cursed loudly in surprise.

“Hey you brat, watch what you’re doing!” Another student yelled out.

However, Arkanon didn’t hear any of this. He had gone numb from shock and amazement.

“Did I just… create a railgun?”

At this point, Veld had come back over and found Arkanon. “What in world was that, Arkanon?”

“I don’t know for sure myself. But it pierced straight through the target. Luckily nothing was on the other side of it. Anyways, Veld, I thought that we’d meet up in a couple of hours.”

“It’s been a little over a couple hours, so I came to find you only to see what you just did there.”

“Wait, it’s already been that long?”

“Yeah.”

“Ah, alright then. It only felt like a couple of minutes to me.”

“It tends to happen when you get invested in something. I’m going to head to the dueling area, want to come?”

“Later, I actually feel pretty tired.”

“Okay, I’ll hold it to you. See you.”

“Yeah, see you.”

Arkanon started walking back to his cabin while Veld headed towards the dueling grounds.

Once Arkanon got inside, he unbuckled his sword and grabbed something to eat. After that, he laid down and went to sleep.

Arkanon woke up nine hours later. He got up and took a shower. After he was done, he put on a white shirt and grey pants. Knowing it was sometime at night, Arkanon also grabbed his brown cloak and put it on. He was about to grab his sword, but decided not to.

“Tonight, I’ll continue to focus on training my energy.” Arkanon said to himself.

As Arkanon went outside, he glanced around and noticed the moon lit the surroundings. He made his way through the cabins towards the training grounds. As he was walking, Arkanon heard some footsteps behind him. He turned around and saw no one there.

‘Another student out this late at night? Odd.’ Arkanon didn’t give it a second thought and continued on his way.

Arkanon reached the training grounds and looked around. ‘Seems like Berok isn’t here.’ Arkanon once more heard footsteps from behind him. He turned around and saw four others walking towards him. Two were draconians and the other two were Trethians. Arkanon could make out Mith’s face under the moonlight.

Mith grinned and said, “Out here all by yourself, man you made it easy to get you.”

“What is it that you want?” Arkanon said, rather annoyed.

“Oh, this little shithead is acting a little arrogant, boss.” One of the draconians said.

“Hey boss, let me take care of this little kid. I’ll teach him not to talk like that to us.” The Trethian said.

“Calm down, the both of you.” Mith said. “You really want to know what we’re doing? Isn’t it obvious? I’m going to kick the shit out of you and make that asshat Veld fight me.”

“Wow, you’re pretty strong. Look at you, bringing four people against a ‘little kid’ like me.” Arkanon replied sarcastically.

“Hah, who said that all four of us needed to deal with you? Grie, go kick his face in.”

The Trethian, Grie, walked forward. “With pleasure, boss. Alright little kiddie, if you apologize for speaking like that to us, I may just hold back a little. If you make me mad however, it’s-“

Grie didn’t have a chance to finish, as Arkanon had immediately infused his legs with energy and rushed forward.

Grie tried to ready himself, but Arkanon was already in front of him. Arkanon infused his right arm with energy and punched straight towards Grie’s chest. Grie attempted to block Arkanon’s fist with his left hand, but it was useless. As soon as Arkanon’s punch slammed into Grie’s hand, a sickening crunch could be heard as Grie’s bones in his hand shattered completely. The punch continued, sandwiching Grie’s hand between his chest and Arkanon’s fist. The power behind the punch fractured Grie’s sternum and caused his body to be blown backwards.

Seeing their friend blown backwards by Arkanon’s sudden attack caused them to be stupefied.

Arkanon stood there with a calm, cold look, his head raised slightly as if looking down on them. “Empty words.”

“Shit, Cyrel and Jikkel, you two rush him, I’ll heal Grie!” Mith reacted first.

“You fucking piece of shit brat, you’ll pay with blood!” One of the draconians cried out.

“I’m going to break you!” The other roared.

Right as the two draconians were about to charge over, Arkanon heard a familiar voice. “Hey now, two on one seems a little unfair!” A white flame ball charged straight towards the first draconian, he dodged it, but was kicked in the head by a black figure that appeared from the flame ball.

“I was wondering if you were going to show up, Berok!” Arkanon said as he charged up towards the second draconian.

“Sorry for being late to the party! I’ll make it up to you by kicking this guy’s ass!”

“A Spectre, ah damnit how annoying!” The draconian that Berok kicked had recovered.

“I’ll handle the human, you take care of the Spectre!” The second draconian yelled out.

“Bring it, lizard breath.” Arkanon said as he infused his entire body with energy.

Arkanon had gotten close to the draconian and was about to attack, but had to roll to the side as the draconian attacked first. Arkanon swung his leg around as he landed to try and sweep the draconian out from under his feet. The draconian avoided Arkanon’s leg, and swung his tail around to strike at Arkanon. The tail struck Arkanon and it forced him back a few feet. Arkanon rushed back in, and attacked at the draconians side. The draconian tried to back off, but Arkanon moved in faster. Arkanon landed a solid attack on the draconians hip, and a crack could be heard as a bone broke.

The draconian cried out in pain as his legs gave out under him and he fell down. Arkanon had moved in to finish it by knocking him unconscious, but a sudden punch came out of nowhere and hit him in the left shoulder. Arkanon got thrown backwards from the punch and he could feel his shoulder was dislocated. When he landed, he snarled in pain, but forced himself to stand up and look at who hit him. He saw Mith, a face full of complete anger and rage, with the two draconians slung over his shoulders.

“I’ll make you suffer for this, Arkanon. That hit right there is only like a little scratch compared to what I’m going to do to you.” Mith said. He turned and ran away while carrying the two draconians while a weak and pathetic looking Grie followed after.

“Ah, that bastard hits pretty hard.” Arkanon heard Berok say to his left. Arkanon looked over and saw Berok with white flames burning over his right hand. “I tried to stop his punch with a punch, but that only ended with me nearly break my entire hand and maybe even my arm. How about you, Arkanon, you fine?”

“Yeah, my left shoulder got dislocated, but that’s about it.” Arkanon replied tiredly.

“Eh, just pop it back into place, you’ll be fine.”

Arkanon grasped his left shoulder and started to rotate his arm around, the pain causing him to grit his teeth. Eventually, a pop could be heard as the bone snapped back into place. Arkanon breathed a heavy sigh of relief. “That’s better. That was pretty uncomfortable.”

Arkanon sat down and laid back on the ground, his face covered in sweat and he was breathing heavily.

“You look pretty exhausted there. I’m guessing you were infusing your body?”

“Yeah, what about you, you came in flying in like a meteor.”

“That was something I’ve been working on, and it seems like its test run went pretty smoothly.”

Berok walked over to Arkanon and offered him a hand. “Here, let me help you up.”

Arkanon smiled and took Berok’s offer. “Thanks, I’m not sure I could’ve stood up on my own.”

As Arkanon stood up, he looked at Berok and Berok looked back. After a couple seconds of silence, both Arkanon and Berok snickered, which soon turned into laughter.

“We showed those older assholes who’s stronger here!” Berok said while laughing.

“I think they’ll be quite afraid of us next time we meet.” Arkanon said while also laughing.

“Well, I’m quite tired, I’m going to head back now.”

“Same, I’ll see you later, Berok.”

Arkanon walked off towards his cabin and found himself inside within moments. Arkanon walked into the bathroom and washed his face off. He left the bathroom, took off his cloak and passed out on the bed.

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.