The Ancient’s Son -The life and story of Arkanon Leyan

Contains all kind of sex novels in Hindi and English.
Fuck_Me
Platinum Member

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 14

Unread post by Fuck_Me » 01 Jan 2016 09:50

Chapter 14

“Hey Areath, did you notice that fight between some students late at night?”

“No, I didn’t. What happened?

“Four older students fought with two younger students.”

“How did that turn out?”

“The older students were actually forced back.”

“Really? Who were the two younger students?”

“Their names are Berok and Arkanon.”

“Arkanon, huh… And Berok the Spectre?

“Yeah, you seem to know Arkanon and Berok.”

“Yeah, Berok is one of the few nocturnal students. He barely meets with anyone else, so I’m surprised he fought alongside Arkanon. Well, actually I take that back. I’m not surprised about that kid anymore.”

“Heh, seems like he’s quite handful.”

“How many kids do you know of that are like him?”

“Well, there’s a few. There’s Jetark, Mira, Cel’Mian, I could go on, you know?”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, what about the older students names?”

“If I remember, it was Mith, Grie, Cyrel and Jikkel.”

“Mith… Since he and Veld are rivals, and Arkanon is Veld’s friend, I’m guessing he wanted to try and taunt Veld by attacking Arkanon. I guess it backfired on him.”

“Yeah, but Arkanon should watch his back. Although we’ll prevent any fatalities, that doesn’t mean we’ll stop the fighting between them. That Mith will probably find a way to get back at Arkanon.”

“Is this right though? Should we allow infighting between students?”

“I believe we should. Not everyone is going to get along, no matter the circumstances. The least they can do with their petty anger is use it as motivation to get stronger.”

“Hmm. I still don’t believe it’s the right thing to do. Anyways, I’m going to go check on the students in my area.”

“Yeah, see you, Areath.”

Arkanon woke up around ten hours later. He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed. He went to the bathroom then grabbed something to eat. With his morning routines taken care of, he decided to spend some time at his desk to read.

Arkanon spent some time like this until he heard someone knock at the door. He closed the book he was reading and went over to the door. Opening it, he saw Areath there.

“Morning, Areath.” Arkanon said first.

Areath crossed his arms over his chest and smiled a little. “Morning, did you get a good rest after your fight last night?”

Arkanon tensed up slightly. “You know about that?”

“Of course, we’re aware of what you’re doing most of the time. Don’t be worried, though, you aren’t in trouble.”

“I’m not?”

“No, fights between students are more common than you might notice. Even though we’re all fighting towards a common goal, we’re all still people in the end. There will be disputes and disagreements, which eventually lead into conflicts. We’ll stop them when lives are at stake, but other than that, the majority of instructors agreed to let students fight it out themselves. Some instructors even believe that having a grudge against another student works as a great motivator.”

“It sounds logical enough to me, but wouldn’t it cause problems? What if someone was killed out of anger?”

“I said that’d we stop it before it goes too far.”

“No, I mean on the battlefield.”

“We send the students that have issues with each other to different areas.”

“Ah, I was curious about that.”

“Well, it seems you’re settling into life just fine here.”

“I hope it calms down. It’s been busy these past few days.”

“Heh, don’t worry, the first days are always the busiest. Well, Arkanon, I still got other students to check on, so I’ll take my leave.”

“See you later, Areath.”

As Areath walked away, Arkanon closed the door and went back to his desk. He sat down and started reading again.

Arkanon soon became accustomed to daily life at the academy. From training and studying to occasionally sparring with Veld, and sometimes Berok, before he knew it, a year had passed.

Arkanon and Veld’s fists slammed into each other as they fought.

“Ah damn, I can’t get an edge over you!” Veld complained loudly.

“Save the talk for later!” Arkanon yelled back. He then disengaged and roundhouse kicked towards Veld’s waist. Veld grabbed Arkanon’s leg right before it hit, and brought his elbow down towards Arkanon’s knee. Arkanon immediately fell to the ground, bending his leg so it couldn’t be hit as well. He then planted his other foot on Veld’s waist, and with all his might, lifted Veld up with his legs.

Veld was caught off-guard and couldn’t react in time. “Ah shi-“. He was flipped over Arkanon’s head. While Veld was mid-air, Arkanon pulled his leg out of Veld’s grip. Veld then slammed into the ground and Arkanon quickly jumped on top of him, locking his arms and legs down.

Veld struggled, but couldn’t get out. “Well, let’s call this a draw, eh?”

“I won this time, and you know it.”

“Can’t you at least let me keep my pride?”

Arkanon snickered. “If you had pride in the first place.”

“Fine, fine, it’s your win. Now get off of me.”

Arkanon got up and offered Veld a hand. Veld took it and Arkanon helped pull him up.

“This is embarrassing.” Veld said. “I shouldn’t be losing to someone four years younger than me. It doesn’t feel right.”

“Hey, I can’t help it that I’m getting stronger.” Arkanon said while grinning.

“I’ve been here for a majority of my life. You’ve only been here a year, yet you’re already starting to get ahead of me, even if only a little.”

Arkanon chuckled then asked, “Has it really been a year?”

“Yeah, time passed kind of quickly, didn’t it?”

“Since my fight with Mith, everything settled down.”

“Oh yeah, you mentioned that before. Has Mith bugged you at all since you and Berok kicked his group’s ass?”

“Nah, I think he’s a little too scared to make a move on us. After all, both Berok and I have only gotten stronger since that encounter.”

“Well if that shit head tries to do anything to the two of you, let me know.”

“No offense, but if you can’t beat me in a fight, how do you expect to win against him?”

Veld’s face turned solemn. “Arkanon, I’ve never fought you with the intention of seriously hurting you.”

“So you’ve been holding back?”

“Not at all. You’ve actually beaten me. However, with Mith, I’d do anything I could to hurt him.”

“Your explanation is weird. From the way you say it, you’ve been holding back yet you haven’t. How does that make sense?”

“I don’t know. I can’t explain it. Just know that I’ve been fighting you with my full strength.”

“Alright. I’m going to head back and rest, Veld. See you.”

“Yeah, see you later, Arkanon.”

Arkanon headed back to his cabin, making his way through the academy grounds with ease. As he reached his cabin, he went inside and sat down at his desk. He leaned back and yawned. ‘It’s already been a year, huh? So I’m eleven years old now. I’ve made a lot of progress though.’

Over the past year, Arkanon increased his body’s strength and energy control. He also developed two other methods of attacking with energy and a method to defend himself. His first method for attacking was shooting a little ball of energy from his hand while keeping a thin strand of energy connected from his body to the ball. Once the ball hit the target, it would pierce through into the body and stop inside it. Arkanon then would send a large amount of energy through the strand and detonate inside the target. When he tested this on a dummy, the dummy’s upper half was completely blown apart.The only problem is the ball of energy is easily visible and to slow. Arkanon knew that if he was to use it on a live target, they could see it and step out of the way with ease. He knew he had to work a lot more for it to become useful in a fight.

The other attack that he developed was an energy clone of himself. It was a lightning construct the same size as him, but it only had half his strength. Arkanon had many problems using this though. One of them was that maintaining the construct used a lot of energy, and he could only keep it up for around one minute. This isn’t something Arkanon could fix, and could only train his body to keep up with the energy demanded. Another problem he had was that controlling the construct was like controlling a second him. If he wanted to move himself and the construct, it required a lot of mental concentration. Arkanon didn’t have the capacity to move both himself and the construct yet, and it was something that he would need to spend a lot of time practicing in order to master it.

The defense method he came up was inspired by Veld’s energy armor. Arkanon didn’t know how hard it was to form energy into an armor. So far he was only able to form lightning gauntlets. When he had Veld test to see how strong they were, both Arkanon and him were surprised to find that the gauntlets were tough and difficult to actually break through. Veld then told Arkanon the reason why they were so strong was because he focused a lot of energy into them, and that if he wanted to have a more complete set of armor, he’d have to thin out the energy from the gauntlets and spread it out. If Arkanon wanted to make a more complete set as well as make it strong, like the gauntlets, he’d have to become stronger.

One thing was clear to Arkanon: He still lacked strength. It’s not something he had a lot of control over though. Due to his young age, he knew it’s something that is going to take time.

Arkanon sat up and leaned forward on his desk. ‘Hmm, what should I do? I have a couple ideas I could try and develop. I’ve been neglecting the books for a while though. I still got a lot to learn about other races anatomy. I should also read on how to pilot space ships.’ Arkanon sighed. ‘Alright, let’s go. I’ll learn about the other races first.’ Arkanon picked up one of the books on his desk and started reading.

As the sun started to set, four people could be seen standing around. There were two Trethians and two draconics. These four people were Mith, Grie, Cyrel and Jikkel.

“Hey Mith, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, we’re asking Jetark, one of the biggest and most known people here for help.” Grie asked with uncertainty.

“Shut up Grie, I know what I’m doing.” Mith replied, annoyed. “Cyrel, are you sure your brother can get Jetark to beat the shit out of Veld and Arkanon?”

“I’m sure boss. My brother has a close relationship with Jetark, and will follow the plan.”

“Good. When can we expect this to happen?”

“Expect it tomorrow. We’ve been watching and Arkanon and Veld seem to head to the dueling grounds almost daily.”

Mith laughed with malice. “Let’s see those fuckers get out of this.”

Arkanon was laying in his bed, asleep. He had spent the night training with Berok. From sparring to the two of them thinking of ways to use energy, it had been an exhausting night. As he laid there snoring, a loud knock could be heard at the door.

“Hey, wake up you bastard! I want to get my revenge for yesterday!” A voice called from outside.

Arkanon woke up, and got up slowly. He rubbed his eyes as he went to door. Opening it, he saw Veld standing outside with his arms crossed.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go!” Veld said loudly.

“Yeah, yeah, give me a sec to get ready.” Arkanon replied.

“Ugh, making me wait more.”

“I swear, you complain more than a little kid.”

“You’re the little kid here.”

“Whatever, I’m ready, let’s go.”

“Finally. I’m getting back at you for yesterday.”

“So you say, but we both know you’re going to lose again.”

“Bah, we’ll find out soon.”

Arkanon and Veld walked out to the dueling grounds without saying much. Once they arrived, they moved towards the more empty area.

Once they found their spot, Arkanon started stretching while Veld started warming up.

“Alright, any rules today or just a normal fight?” Arkanon asked.

“Nope, just a normal fight.” Veld said.

“Okay, let’s go.” Arkanon said, excitement in his voice.

Right as Arkanon and Veld were about to fight, Arkanon heard a deep, rumbly voice. “You two.”

Arkanon turned towards the voice and saw a large figure walking towards him. Standing at 2.5 meters tall, Arkanon trembled at just the size of the being. It’s appearance was even more frightening. With a humanoid shape, the being had smooth stone skin, with rock spikes jutting out of it’s elbows and knees. It also had a face similar to a humans with completely blue eyes and stone horn in the middle of it’s forehead. It also had long wire-like white hair on it’s head. On it’s back were a lot of small rock spikes pointing upwards.

Arkanon unconsciously worked his way towards Veld’s side, his body slightly shaking.

“Shit.” Veld silently cursed, his face now very serious and his teeth bared slightly.

“Veld, who or what is that?” Arkanon asked, his voice filled with fear.

“From his appearance, there’s only one person that comes to mind. That person is Jetark, a variation Gark. He’s one of the biggest and toughest students at the academy.” Veld whispered to Arkanon.

“Why is he coming over to us?”

“How am I supposed to know?” Veld and Arkanon looked towards Jetark as he reached them. “Guess we’ll know soon enough.”

“You two.” Jetark said again. “Are your names Arkanon and Veld?”

“What happens if we say yes?” Veld asked cautiously.

“Answer me!” Jetark said angrily.

“Yes, we are. I’m Veld and he’s Arkanon. What do you want from us?”

Jetark only snorted.

“Hey, if there’s nothing-“ When Veld was in the middle of talking, Jetark charged forwards and struck Veld in the chest with a stone fist.

As Veld was sent flying back, Arkanon cried out. “Veld!” Jetark then struck Arkanon in the head with the back of his hand and knocked him back.

When Arkanon got hit, his vision blurred and he nearly blacked out. Instantly, he felt a searing pain in his head, and blood started to run down his face. He struggled and got on his knees and hands. As he looked up, he saw Veld was also in a similar state.

Veld was kneeling down with one of his hands clutching his chest and the other on the ground supporting himself. Blood was leaking out of his mouth and his face was twisted into a snarl.

“What… the fuck!” Veld yelled out. “What have we done to you?!”

Jetark didn’t say anything and walked over to Veld. Veld looked up at Jetark, defiance clear in his eyes. Jetark then kicked Veld in the face. Veld fell back, his body shook a couple times then went limp.

“Veld…” Arkanon cried out weakly, attempting to stand up and help.

Jetark then walked over to Arkanon. He raised a foot and struck Arkanon right in the back, slamming him back into the ground. Pain once again wracked Arkanon’s body as he felt a couple bones fracture. His vision dimmed and faded into black. Darkness filled Arkanon’s conscious…

“Hmph.” Jetark turned and started to walk away. As he was walking away, he heard someone call out behind him. “Hey, little pebble, where do you think you’re going?”

Jetark turned around to see who dared insult him, only to see Arkanon’s battered figure standing up.

Arkanon stood up straight with his head tilted to the right, a wide smile on his face. His white hair shrouded his eyes. White lightning was raging around his body as his wounds healed.

Jetark immediately became cautious, ready for anything. He was then shocked as Arkanon tilted his head back.

Arkanon’s left eye had turned from a bright blue to a blood-red. “You better start screaming for mercy.”

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 15

Unread post by admin » 02 Jan 2016 13:11

Chapter 15

On the dueling grounds, Arkanon and Jetark stood facing one another while Veld was unconscious on the side. Arkanon had a wide, maddened smile on his face. White lightning was rampaging on his body. His left eye glowing a blood-red color.

“You, what are you?” Jetark asked unsettled.

“The person that’s going to break you.” Arkanon said, his voice filled with madness.

“You’re going to break me? Just try it.”

“With pleasure.” Arkanon’s body flashed and disappeared from Jetark’s sight.

Jetark readied himself and looked around, trying to find where Arkanon went.

“Right here.” Jetark heard Arkanon’s voice above him. He looked up only to see Arkanon’s foot plant itself on his face and kick. Jetark was blown into the ground by Arkanon’s kick. Arkanon flew backwards, flipped around mid-air and landed on his feet.

Jetark got back up quickly, anger on his face. “You dare to attack me?!”

“Oh, I dare do so much more.” Arkanon snickered.

Arkanon once more flashed out of Jetark’s sight. Jetark prepared himself from an attack at any side this time. He looked around everywhere. Up, down, left, right, Arkanon was nowhere to be found.

Jetark then felt an attack coming from his right side. He swung out with his right arm to counter it, but found out that what his arm passed through was nothing but energy construct. Before he realized it, Arkanon had punched his left side. Thin cracks appeared on the spot where Arkanon punched.

Jetark brought down the spike on his left arm in an attempt to impale Arkanon, but Arkanon grabbed Jetark’s arm. Jetark looked down and saw that Arkanon had lightning gauntlets on his hands. Arkanon then pulled with all his might. Jetark tried to resist, but found it futile as Arkanon pulled him towards him then spun him and tossed him.

The ground cracked and broke as Jetark landed. White tinted wind raged around him like a tempest. Jetark stood up and roared. “I’ll destroy you!”

A little ball of energy came flying slowly towards Jetark. He grabbed it in his right hand and laughed. “Ha! Is that it?”

Jetark looked towards Arkanon, only to see Arkanon was still smiling widely. He had his right hand raised, with his index finger extended and his middle finger and thumb touching. Jetark opened his right hand and still saw the ball of energy there. Only then did he realize that something was wrong. But he was too late to react. Arkanon snapped his fingers and the ball of energy exploded, blowing away half of Jetark’s arm.

Jetark fell to his knees, screaming in pain and grasping at what remained of his right arm. Arkanon then slowly walked over. Jetark noticed this and tried to back away, crawling backwards. Arkanon jumped at him and planted his feet in Jetark’s chest, pinning him to the ground.

“Get off me, you monster!” Jetark cried out in fear.

“Me the monster?” Arkanon laughed. “You came up and attacked us both for no reason! And suddenly I’m the monster?!” Arkanon reached down and grabbed hold of Jetark’s horn. “Since I’m apparently a monster, then I’ll act like one.” Arkanon pulled and broke off the horn.

Jetark screamed in pain once more. Arkanon could only laugh happily hearing Jetark scream.

Arkanon then went down on one knee and put the tip of the horn in the middle of Jetark’ chest. “Now, you’re going to tell me why you attacked us. If you answer me, nothing will happen. However, resist, and I’ll pierce you again and again with your own horn. Start talking.”

“Like I’d tell you anything!” Jetark yelled out.

“Wrong answer.” Arkanon stabbed the horn through Jetark’s chest. Jetark grunted in pain. Arkanon then pulled out the horn and placed it somewhere else on his chest. “Tell me.”

Jetark then realized that Arkanon wasn’t afraid to continue going. “I’ll tell you! I’ll tell you. Please, just get off me.”

“No, you’re telling me like that.”

“Fine. It was one of my close friends. He said you attacked his brother and his brothers group for no reason, so I was asked to teach you a lesson.”

“Then you’re a complete dumbass. You’ve been lied to. I didn’t attack anyone except Mith and his group, and that was self-defense.”

“No, you’re wrong. My friend has no reason to lie to me.”

“Believe what you want. However, if you dare to attack me or Veld again, I’ll make sure you’ll regret it far more than this. Consider this mercy. Now get out of my sight.” Arkanon got up and stepped off of Jetark. Jetark stood up and left quickly, wanting to get away from Arkanon.

Arkanon then walked over to Veld, who was still unconscious and bleeding. He knelt down next to him, and place both his hands over Veld’s body. Arkanon summoned his remaining energy and healed Veld. Arkanon’s vision went dim and he fainted next to Veld.

“So what happened?” Areath was following another instructor that had asked him to come to the dueling grounds.

“There was a fight between students that we want you check out.” The instructor said.

“Huh? Fights between students are common though.”

“Yes, but this fight was anything but common.”

“Why? What happened?”

“There was a between a student in your area named Arkanon Leyan and another student named Jetark Farkras.”

“Arkanon fought against Jetark? That damn boy is insane. Is he injured at all?”

“It’s the other way around actually. Jetark suffered extreme injuries while Arkanon was unscathed, although strangely enough, there was dried blood on his face and on his clothes. Ah, wait, there was another student there too. His name is Veld Nerivan. He said that he was knocked unconscious when Jetark suddenly attacked them. He had regained consciousness not long afterwards, then went to inform an instructor. He had thought that Arkanon was badly injured and needed help, as he didn’t have the ability to heal him at the time.”

“So both Arkanon and Veld are fine?”

“Yes. Arkanon was still passed out last I saw him.”

“What kind of injuries did Jetark have?”

“Are you familiar with his appearance?”

“Yeah.”

“He had the horn on his head broken off, there was cracks on his left side, half of his right arm was blown apart and there’s a hole in the middle of his chest. Even though those are severe, we have medics working to heal him.

“Damn, he’s lucky Garks don’t have any sort of blood or vital organs, otherwise he would’ve died long ago. Arkanon must’ve been the one to do that all. I never expected him to do that much damage to someone like Jetark.”

“Arkanon is a somewhat new student here, right?”

“Yeah, he’s been here for a year.”

“Ah, we’re here. See for yourself what happened.”

Areath and the instructor approached and area where two other instructors were standing, keeping students from getting near. As Areath approached, he saw Arkanon laying on the ground unconscious with Veld sitting nearby.

Noticing Areath, Veld stood up and spoke. “Areath.”

“Go ahead and sit back down Veld, I’m merely here to see what happened.”

Veld sat down with a troubled look on his face.

“Can you tell me what happened here?” Areath looked around and saw cracks in the ground, which he suspected was from the fight.

“Yeah, Arkanon and I were about to fight, when Jetark came walking up to us. He asked if our names were ‘Veld and Arkanon’. I answered him saying yes, then he suddenly attacked. He punched me in the chest then smacked Arkanon in the head with the back of his hand. I was on my knees when he kicked me in the head, knocking me out. I don’t know anything after that.”

“Could there have been a reason he attacked you two?”

“None that I know of. It was pretty much unprovoked.”

“What happened after you woke up?”

“I noticed that I had no injuries at all and saw Arkanon passed out next to me. I was too weak to do anything and only saw the dried blood on his head. I was worried that he was badly injured and ran to find the nearest instructor. When he got here, he found Arkanon to be okay.” Veld’s face was torn between anger and disappointment.

Areath knelt down next to Veld. “You alright?”

“No, I’m not alright. I was beaten within an inch of my life. That honestly doesn’t bug me very much. But it angers me that I couldn’t help Arkanon, one of my closest friends. He could’ve been seriously hurt and there was nothing I could do. It makes me even more disgusted that it was Arkanon who ended up helping me. I’m a shitty friend.” Tears could be seen at the edge of Veld’s eyes. He then moved his hand up to cover his face.

Areath put a hand on Veld’s shoulder. “Then just get stronger. Turn this moment into a type of motivation that will make you strive to become even better, so something like this doesn’t happen again.” Areath then stood up and walked over to Arkanon. “Head back to your cabin, Veld. I’ll take Arkanon back to his, wash him off and put him in his bed. He should be up soon.”

“Okay.” Veld got up and slowly walked away, his shoulders slightly slumped.

Areath sighed. “Poor kid, he takes these types of losses negatively. Hopefully he becomes better in the future, otherwise he’s not going to last long.” Areath then picked up Arkanon and carried him back to his cabin. He took a wet cloth and wiped the blood off of his head, then left him in bed.

Arkanon sat in a dark void, the memories of when he had fought Jetark playing all around him. He had his hands on his face and he was breathing heavily. He felt disgusted at the memories. From the brutal method of attacking to the enjoyment of Jetark’s screams of pain, everything made him want to vomit.

“Stop. Make it stop.” His voice was hoarse. “I said stop! STOP!”

“But why? You enjoyed it, didn’t you?” Arkanon looked up and saw himself, except this version of him had blood-red eyes and pitch black hair. His voice was playful like a child’s, but had a sadistic ring to it. “The feeling of completely crushing anyone that dares attack you. Their screams of agony as you end their pitiful lives. Ah, complete bliss!”

“Shut up and leave me alone!” Arkanon jumped up and punched towards his doppelganger. The doppelganger stopped Arkanon’s fist.

“But just how exactly is that possible? I am you!” The doppelganger laughed maniacally. He then suddenly stopped and his expression turned into one of annoyance. “It seems that it’s finally time for you to wake up. “Be sure to let me out to play again, okay?” He smiled one more time.

Arkanon sat up terrified. He was sweating and panting heavily. He looked around and noticed he was back in his cabin. He looked around and saw Jared sitting at the desk, an extremely worried look on his face. Arkanon then felt a searing pain in his head. He covered his face with his hand and grunted in pain.

Jared rushed over to Arkanon’s side. “Hey, hey, Arkanon. Calm down. Move your hand, let me see what’s wrong.” Jared moved Arkanon’s hand and looked at him, trying to find out what’s wrong. “You seem to be fine, you just sat up too soon. Take a few deep breaths. Try to calm down.”

Arkanon took a few unsteady breaths.

“Feeling better at all?”

“Slightly. What happened? When was I moved to my cabin?”

“You were moved not long after you passed out on the dueling grounds. You’ve been sleeping for nearly a week.”

“A week?” Arkanon felt his stomach rumble. “I’m hungry.”

“Then just sit here. Let me make you something to eat.”

“Alright.”

While Jared walked over to the fridge, Arkanon breathed in and out a few times trying to calm himself more. He settled himself down and tried to collect his thoughts on what happened. He knew that he could no longer hide what happened to him. He has to tell someone. ‘Someone I can trust. Someone that’ll listen to me.’ A few people came to mind. Arkanon then decided who he’d tell.

Jared walked over to Arkanon and handed him a plate with a sandwich on it. Arkanon ravenously tore at the sandwich until it was gone.

“Hey Arkanon, can you tell me what happened?” Jared asked.

“No.” Arkanon said quickly.

“Why can’t you?”

“Because I don’t even know what happened. The last thing I remembered was Jetark stomping his foot down on my back and passing out from pain.” Arkanon mixed a lie with the truth. He knew what happened, but it wasn’t from his viewpoint.

“Hmm, alright. I’ll trust you on that. If you remember anything, be sure to tell me or Areath.”

“Okay.”

“Since it seems that you’re okay now, I’ll leave for now. I’ll check up on you tomorrow, okay?”

“Hey Jared.”

“Yeah?”

“When you next contact Harei, can you let me know?”

“Yeah, sure. But why?”

“I have a few things that I need to ask him about directly.”

Jared furrowed his brows a little. “Okay. Can I ask what you want to know from him?”

“Just a few questions about something.”

“Alright. I’ll come get you before I contact him. I’ll see you tomorrow, alright Arkanon?”

“Yeah, see you.”

After Jared left, Arkanon could only look down at his hands and mutter under his breath. “What the hell is happening to me?”

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 16

Unread post by admin » 02 Jan 2016 13:11

Chapter 16
Back in the purple void, the two beings were watching Arkanon carefully.

“This child here… You noticed, right?” The white one asked.

“Yes, it’d be hard to miss that kind of sudden boost in strength.” The black one said. “What do you think happened?”

“I don’t know, but it seems that child has no idea either.”

“What should we do?”

“For now, watch him. We already know he’s not ordinary.”

“Do you think he’s a threat to the guardians?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen a guardian with an aura that dark.”

“So what should I do for now?” Arkanon clenched his hands. “I should probably go out and see if Veld is alright.” Arkanon got up out of bed, and headed out. Once he walked outside, the first thing he noticed was Jetark standing next to the door. Arkanon saw at first glance that his right arm was regrown and his horn was back. The hole in his chest was healed and the cracks on his side were gone.

Arkanon’s instinct kicked in and he jumped back, readying himself for a fight. “What the hell do you want?”

Jetark noticed Arkanon. He immediately went down to his knees and bent his head down. “I apologize for everything I did to you.”

“Huh?” Arkanon was slightly dumbfounded, but kept his guard up. “Explain.”

“You had said before that my friend lied to me and only used me to strike at both you and Veld for no reason. I originally denied that, but after investigating a little I found out that what you said was the truth. So I’ve been waiting out here to apologize.”

“And how can I know that what you’re saying is the truth?”

“I have only ever kneeled before three others.”

“You expect me to trust based on that?”

“You’re the only student that I’ve kneeled before.”

“How do you expect me to trust you because of that?”

Jetark sighed and stood back up. “I don’t expect you to trust me, not after what I did. I only wished to let you know I respect your monstrous strength and that I was wrong.”

Arkanon let out a little sigh and walked over. He offered Jetark his hand. “I wish we could be great friends since that’s all taken care of, but you can understand my distrust. For now, let’s focus on learning about each other and becoming friends from there, okay?”

Seeing Arkanon offer him a chance at forgiveness, Jetark quickly took Arkanon’s hand and they shook on it. “Thank you, Arkanon.”

“Yeah, don’t mention it. Has Veld come around?”

“Veld? Yes, he has. Originally he was pretty mad I was standing outside waiting. But after I explained myself and apologized to him, he was still unhappy, but left. He told me to tell you that when you woke up, he’d be waiting at the dueling grounds.”

“Okay, thanks. See you later, Jetark.” Arkanon said and gave a quick wave of his hand.

“Hm.” Jetark nodded his head once and walked off.

“Now to find Veld.” Arkanon said silently to himself. He headed towards the dueling grounds. On his way there though, quite a few students looked at him.

As Arkanon walked past two students, he heard one of them behind him ask, “Hey, do you think that’s the human that beat Jetark?”

“That kid? No way.” The other student said.

‘So people are looking at me because I’m one of the few humans here, and they heard a human beat Jetark in a fight.’ Arkanon thought to himself. ‘Oh well, I couldn’t care less what they think, I only want to know if Veld is okay.’

Arkanon continued on his way until he reached the dueling grounds. Looking around, he soon noticed Veld fighting against another student. The student tried to punch Veld, but Veld grabbed the student’s arm, twisted it and swept out his feet from under him.

Veld’s face was emotionless as he said, “It’s my win.”

“Hey Veld.” Arkanon called out.

“Hmm?” Veld turned and looked towards Arkanon. “Arkanon.” Veld ran over to Arkanon. “Are you alright? Should you be up right now? Jetark didn’t try anything, did he?”

“Its fine, I’m okay. As for Jetark, he found out and realized his mistake, so I don’t think he’ll try to do anything anymore. In fact, I hope we can become friends.”

“Friends? Have you forgotten how he suddenly attacked us? He nearly beat both of us to death!” Veld was filled with anger.

Arkanon suspected Veld was going to react negatively to his hope. “Veld, its fine. The two of us are still standing and able to move right? And Jetark also got badly hurt as well. Isn’t it fine now?”

“I don’t know how you can be so positive about this whole thing.” Veld sighed. “I hated seeing it.”

“Seeing what?”

“Seeing you, one of my best friends, get hurt like that. I can’t forgive Jetark easily, Arkanon.”

“It wasn’t easy watching you get knocked out either.”

“Yeah, but at least you got your revenge against him.”

Arkanon grimaced. “No, no I didn’t. I’ll talk to you later, Veld.”

Seeing Arkanon’s sudden change, Veld reached out and grabbed Arkanon’s shoulder. “Arkanon, what happened?”

Arkanon pulled Veld’s hand on his shoulder. “Something I wish I could forget.”

Veld was stunned. He wanted to stop Arkanon and inquire further, but stopped himself. His face downcast, he turned around and left the dueling grounds.

Arkanon head back to his cabin, went in and sat at his desk. He leaned forward and rested his head on it. Like that, he fell asleep for a few hours.

Arkanon was awoken by someone knocking at his door. Getting up and opening it, Jared was standing outside.

“Hey, I’m about to make a report to Harei. You still want to come along?”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

Jared noticed that Arkanon sounded a little dejected. “You alright?”

“Yeah, just a little disagreement with Veld, that’s all.”

“I’m guessing it’s about this whole ordeal with Jetark?”

“Yep. Can we go now?”

“Yeah.”

Jared started walking towards his ship with Arkanon tailing behind him. After walking for a while, they made it to Jared’s ship. They head inside and Jared walked up to the console.

“Been a while since I was here.” Arkanon said.

“Yeah, it has been.” Jared said. “Please wait a few minutes so I can make my report first.”

“Okay.”

Arkanon took a seat on the bed and watched as Jared contacted Harei.

“Jared? Did Arkanon wake up yet?” Harei’s voice came from the console.

“Yes he did. He looks to be okay, but his mental state seems slightly shaken after what happened.”

“Hmm, I’m not too surprised after what’s happened. Anything else to report?”

“No, but Arkanon wishes to speak with you.”

“He does? Go ahead and bring him up.”

Jared waved Arkanon over. Arkanon got up off the bed and walked over.

“Thank you for seeing me, Harei.” Arkanon said.

“Not a problem, Arkanon. What troubles you?”

Arkanon looked at Jared. “Sorry Jared, but can you step out? I need to speak with Harei in private.”

Jared raised an eyebrow at Arkanon, but nodded his head and walked out of the ship.

“Something that you don’t want Jared to hear, it must be important.” Harei said.

“Harei, has there ever been a recorded instance of a guardian that is also a demon?”

“A guardian that is a demon, can you explain further on this?”

“Something is happening to me. Something I can’t understand.” Arkanon recounted what happened to him, from the giant red eyes that invaded his dreams to the doppelganger in his head that took control of his body.

“This is rather strange. I’ve never heard of anything like this happening before. So you said that your doppelganger had dark hair and red eyes, similar to that of a demons?”

“Yeah. Does this mean that I’m a demon and guardian?”

“I truthfully don’t know. I don’t think anyone has answers to this.”

“What should I do then?”

“Well, for now, you seem to be in complete control of yourself. From what you told me, that darker version of yourself only took over once, and that was when your body was badly injured and your mental state seemed to be in shambles. It may only trigger when you reach the extremes of your mental and physical state. That’s the only theory I can come to with for this.”

“So what am I going to do?”

“For now? Continue training and studying. I’ll try to look further into your rather strange case.”

“Aren’t you worried about me entering that maddened state again?”

“No. I’ll trust in you to keep yourself in check.”

“Then I’m supposed to go back to my daily life?”

“Yes. If I find anything that may help, I’ll have Jared bring you back so I can tell you.”

“Should I keep this matter between us?”

“I’ll leave that to you.”

“Okay, then I’ll try to settle back down.”

“Good. Well, since our business is concluded here, please ask Jared to come back in so I can inform him of some things.”

“Alright, thank you Harei.”

“Hm.”

Arkanon stepped out of the ship. He said to Jared. “Harei wants to talk with you.”

“Alright. Are you leaving now?”

“Yeah, I need a couple days to sort my head out and try to have things go back to normal.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later, Arkanon.”

“See you.”

Arkanon walked back to his cabin, his mind a muddled mess. Not even Harei, an Ancient, a being that’s been around since the beginning of the universe, knew what was happening to him. Arkanon got to his cabin, went in and sat on his bed.

He was thinking about what to do next. ‘So do I just go back to my daily life? That’s what Harei recommended. But can I really do that? I don’t know. I don’t know anything.’ Arkanon let out a low groan and fell back on his bed. ‘Alright, calm down. Harei said that my mental state may be linked to this problem. Let’s try to maintain a positive outlook on this and move forward. For now, I’m going to try and get Veld to be friends with Jetark. After that, I’m going to keep training. After I sleep, I’ll go talk with Berok. Maybe he has something that will help me.’

Arkanon pulled his legs up onto his bed and decided to sleep for a few hours.

Arkanon woke around five hours later. He got up, put his cloak on and went outside. He walked to the training grounds, hoping to find Berok around. When Arkanon arrived, he saw little white fireballs constantly striking a target. Arkanon couldn’t see Berok, but figured that it was him.

“Hey, Berok.” Arkanon said out loud.

A black figure popped up in front of Arkanon. “Arkanon! How are you doing? I haven’t seen you in a week.”

“Some things happened and I was passed out for a week.”

“Passed out that long? Did you exhaust yourself that badly?”

“I suppose so.”

“Well it’s good to see you again. It gets kind of lonely when I’m the only one out here.”

“Hey Berok, are you the only Spectre here?”

“Yeah, I’m one of the few guardian Spectres. My race rarely has any relations with the guardians.”

“I didn’t know that.”

“Not many do. Anyways, did you see that new attack I was working on?”

“Yeah, you were constantly striking that target with little fireballs. How does it work?”

“I set something like a beacon on the target and use my speed to run around it, leaving behind little homing balls. On the up side, it can hit a target multiple times. On the down side, each individual ball does a small amount of damage, so I need to barrage an enemy in order to hurt them.”

“Sounds like an interesting way of attacking, but it will be difficult to make it stronger.”

“I know that.” Berok looked at Arkanon’s face. “You seem like you got a question to ask.”

“I do, and I’m hoping to get your opinion on it.”

“Go ahead and ask.”

“So, it’s like this.” Arkanon told Berok about when Jetark came up and attack him and Veld. He then told Berok about how Jetark seemed very apologetic once he learned that he attack them for no reason. “So Jetark apologized to both me and Veld, and I’m hoping to become friends with him, as he seems to treasure friendship a lot. I think Jetak would be a great ally if we can just be his friend.”

“Well it sounds like you just need to take some time trying to convince Veld. Give it a couple years and I think it will be fine.”

“Hmm. Alright. I was hoping there was more I could do, but I suppose you’re right. I’m going to go back and study for a while, since I’ve neglected it for a while. I’ll see you tomorrow, Berok.”

“Yep. You’re fighting me tomorrow though, to make it up to me.”

“Yeah, I will.” Arkanon waved his hand dismissively and walked back to his cabin. He sat at his desk, picked up a book and started reading. ‘Hopefully I can go back to my daily life.’