The Ancient’s Son -The life and story of Arkanon Leyan

Contains all kind of sex novels in Hindi and English.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Ancient’s Son - Chapter 23

Unread post by admin » 02 Jan 2016 13:16

Warning: This chapter contains graphic/violent scenes

Aboard the HQ ship, Harei was looking over the evacuees from the academy.

“Casualties?” Harei solemnly asked a Trethian general next to him.

“Around sixty-six percent of the students made it. Many instructors did die though.” The general reported.

“How many returned?”

“Only five, sir.”

Harei closed his eyes and sighed.

“The demons that invaded suffered worse though. Our reports say that out of the invasion force of thirty they sent, only two left. Those demons were a mix of middle-rank, high-rank, and general-rank demons, with a Corrupted backing them up. Even though we lost some people, it could’ve been worse.”

“How did they hold off the Corrupted?” Harei asked, confused.

“From what we know, it was thanks to a single student that stayed behind to hold him back.”

“A single student held off a Corrupted? What was their name?”

“A group of students said his name was Arkanon Leyan.”

“Arkanon? Did he make it out?”

“Unfortunately, no. The ships couldn’t risk waiting for him, so they left.

“Risking his own life to let others escape, he really is your kid, Sylvan.” Harei muttered silently.

“When troops went down to investigate, a couple instructors went with them to start identifying bodies. One thing we noticed was that his body was nowhere to be seen.”

“So they either took him prisoner or his body was blown apart. I hope it’s the latter. It’s a horrible fate to be a prisoner of those savages.” Harei took a deep breath. “I suppose the children could use a few words.” He raised his voice for everyone to hear. “”Guardians! You have witnessed first hand just how destructive and violent the demons are. Some of you may no longer wish to continue fighting, and this I understand. I won’t force any of you to fight. But those of you that choose to stay, know that the chances of you surviving this war is low. To willingly sacrifice yourself though, is admirable.” Harei takes a short pause. “The demons have struck us where we thought would be safe. I had hoped you wouldn’t have to experience these things so young. I shall lead the assault on the Corrupted and their foul demons. I ask that you join me, join me in finishing this war, so no one ever has to suffer from them again. Who shall stand with me?”

After Harei finished his speech, it was quiet for a few seconds. But then one by one, the students started to stand up. Soon, all of them stood up and looked towards Harei.

Harei grinned. “The demons will regret picking a fight with us. The war resumes, and we will be victorious!”

“Twice. Twice you had an opportunity to save people, and you failed both times. Now we’re suffering for it.” Dark Arkanon said.

“Shut it.” Arkanon replied. “Instead of complaining, you should try and help me think of a way to get out of here.”

“A way to get out? Hahahahaha! Our lives were forfeit when we got captured! Do you really think we can escape this fate?”

“Either help or stay quiet.”

Dark Arkanon sneered. “Fine then. The more you hope of a chance at freedom, the more painful it will be when you realize how hopeless this is.”

Arkanon’s right arm was shackled at the wrist and chained to the wall. He was locked up in a small cell-like room. In front of him was a one-way glass panel and an automated door. The right side of his face was bandaged and it ached. His left arm was bandaged off at the cut, the material dyed a light red. He was still wearing the same clothes from when he got captured.

Arkanon pulled on the chain, testing to see how strong it is. After trying a couple times, he knew that he had to break either the shackle or chain somehow, or he would have to lose his right hand. The latter didn’t appeal to him, so he started thinking about how to break the shackle or chain.

“There’s no escaping from those, guardian. They’re designed to keep things like you from getting out.” Arkanon heard as Kal walked through the door, as a hooded demon followed him.

“Ah, I see your legs are back together. Shame you didn’t lose them forever.” Arkanon retorted sarcastically.

“You seem awfully enthusiastic to be punished. Here, you are my prisoner as well as my research subject. Answer truthfully and you’ll suffer a lot less than if you were to mouth off to me. Understand?”

Arkanon smirked. “Oh, I understand perfectly. You can’t handle a kid.”

Kal walked over to Arkanon and grabbed the left side of his face. “You clearly don’t.” Kal stabbed the claw on his left thumb into Arkanon’s eye.

Arkanon screamed out in agony as he went blind. Darkness encroached him. His body slumped and gave out under him.

Kal pulled the claw out of Arkanon’s ruined eye socket and let go, leaving Arkanon’s body to fall to the ground. “Now you understand.” Kal stepped back. He ordered the hooded demon, “Heal him.” And walked out.

Arkanon gave a shaky, forced laugh. “Can’t finish the job?”

Arkanon could only hear Kal’s voice from the darkness. “I know what you’re trying to do, but it won’t work.” He then heard a door open and close.

A gruff voice whispered in Arkanon’s ear. “Hey kid, don’t aggravate him anymore. Let me heal you.”

Arkanon felt a stinging pain where his left eye used to be, then it gradually became a cool, soothing feeling. His sight gradually restored itself. The first few glances were blurry, then it became more and more clear. He saw the hooded demon kneeling next to him, their hand next to his face.

“Can you see alright? Any problems?” The hooded demon asked.

“I can see fine now.”

The hooded demon grimly chuckled. “You’re really in a predicament here, kid. I can’t talk long, but I ask that you try to hang on for the next couple weeks. As long as you aren’t completely broken by then, I may be able to help, okay? I got to go now. Don’t try to fight against him if you can help it, otherwise he may do more than I can heal.” The hooded demon stood up and left.

Dark Arkanon spoke up. “Mind explaining your bout of stupidity there?”

Arkanon stood up. ‘You said yourself there was no escape. I figured that the next best option was to get killed out of anger, although it seems that he’s not that stupid. But now…’

“Now we have some hope?” Dark Arkanon said bitterly.

‘It’s better than nothing, right?’

“You’re far too trusting. Even if he were to get us out of these chains, what makes you think we can waltz out of this fortress with our lives?.”

‘Shut it. I just have to hold on.’

The next day, Arkanon was sitting against the wall his shackle was connected to, his right arm resting on top of his head. He could only sit there idle, patiently waiting for time to pass. He eventually stood up to stretch his body.

As he was doing this, Kal walked through the door with the hooded demon following behind him.

Kal looked down on Arkanon with a loathing gaze. “Good, you’re awake. I’ll be straightforward with you guardian, if not for Faldren’s orders, I’d turn your puny life into a living hell. However, he asked that I refrain from using resorting to violence immediately. Although it’s detestable, if you answer my questions, you can continue your miserable existence without much struggle.”

“Don’t tell him anything.” Dark Arkanon said.

‘I know.” Arkanon smirked. “Why didn’t you say that sooner then? I’d would’ve gladly told you to go fuck off. It would’ve saved you some trouble.”

Arkanon felt a fist ram into his stomach, causing his inner organs to shake and tremble as if it was on the verge of rupturing. While trying to catch his breath, a hand suddenly grabbed onto his head and slammed it against the wall. Straight afterwards, Arkanon could feel both of his knees get crushed from Kal kicking, but despite the pain, he grit his teeth and tried to endure it.

“I give a chance, and you dare act like this?” Kal said through clenched teeth. He pulled back Arkanon’s head and slammed into the wall again. “I can’t kill you, but I can make your beg for death.” He slammed Arkanon’s head again, which was now bleeding. “If you ever speak to me that way again, I’ll rip out your tongue and break your jaw.” Kal let go of Arkanon’s head, his body falling to the floor.

Arkanon laid on the floor, gasping for air. His vision was blurry and his head was throbbing. As he saw Kal walk off, his sight turned dark and he passed out.

The second day, Arkanon woke up lying flat on the ground. The left side of his head was caked with blood, his head was pounding and his body slightly aching. He sat up and leaned back against the wall. He cradled his head against his hand, hoping for the aching to stop.

“You’re an idiot.” Dark Arkanon said.

‘Yeah, I know. No need to tell me.’ Arkanon replied.

“So you still plan to stubbornly struggle on?”

‘What else can I do? Our only hope of something is that demon.’

“You know you can end it here. You have a free hand. You can bite your tongue. You don’t have to sit here.”

‘You think they’d let me? There’s probably a demon stationed on the other side of the glass, making sure I don’t do that. Besides, if all you’re going to do is question my decisions, then why don’t you help me come up with something?’

Dark Arkanon didn’t say anything more.

Arkanon stood up and stretched his body. When he was done, he sat back down and closed his eyes. He could do nothing but patiently wait for time to pass.

After a while, he heard the door open and footsteps coming in. Arkanon opened his eyes and saw, Faldren, Kal, and the hooded demon walking in.

“How do you do today, guardian? Comfortable?” Faldren asked.

“As comfortable as it looks.” Arkanon replied sarcastically.

“I’m sure you know why I’m here.”

“I can guess, but I’m not certain.”

“Did Kal not tell you what we want?”

“No, he couldn’t handle a few words and decided to beat me to near death instead.”

“Is that so? Very well, I’ll be the one to tell you instead. We want to know just exactly what kind of existence you are. If you’re willing to tell us and help us to understand, we’ll give you a quick and painless death. However, if you decide to fight against us, we’ll be forced to use rather disgusting means of getting information out of you. I don’t like seeing a child tortured, so now’s the time to tell us.”

Arkanon stifled a laugh. “While I appreciate your kind offer, I’ll have to decline it.”

Faldren closed his eyes and sighed. “That’s a shame. I had wished you’d cooperate with us.”

Before Arkanon knew it, he had been grabbed by the neck and lifted up, his back against the wall.

Faldren glared at Arkanon. His eyes contained a freezing, cold, unforgiving look, mixed with maddened delight. Faldren reached behind him and said, “Kal, hand me the spikes.”

Kal stepped forward and put a spike, similar to railroad spikes, in Faldren’s hand.

Faldren brought his hand around and stabbed Arkanon through his right elbow and pinned his arm against the wall.

Arkanon grunted in pain and was unable to move his arm.

Faldren took the other two spikes and one followed by the other, pierced Arkanon’s knees, pinning them to the wall. Faldren then stepped back and placed a hand on Arkanon’s chest.

Arkanon glanced at Faldren’s hand on his chest, then he felt a heavy vibration shaking his body. All his inner organs shook. The spikes stabbed into his limbs started to vibrate against the bones in his arm and legs, causing them to fracture and some to shatter.

Arkanon started to cry out in pain, but what came out of his mouth instead was blood. Soon the rest of his facial orifices were bleeding as well. Only when his vision went dark did it finally stop.

When Arkanon came too, he found himself slumped against the wall, the spikes no longer impaled his limbs. The blood had been washed off his body and it seemed like he was perfectly fine.

‘It was only the second day and I had to go through that. The demons are sadistic, but I’m determined to hold on.’ Arkanon thought to himself.

“If you think that’s their worst, then you’ll be disappointed.” Dark Arkanon interjected.

‘They can throw their worst at me, but they won’t break me.’

“You just love making false promises, don’t you?”

Kal came in later to ask Arkanon if he was ready to speak yet. When he said no, Kal planted a hand on Arkanon’s chest and used energy to crush his lungs.

Arkanon couldn’t even scream in pain. He desperately grabbed at his throat, desperately hoping to take another breath of air. The color in his face gradually turned blue until he passed out from lack of oxygen.

When he woke up later, Arkanon could only shiver at the thought of that again, but still decided to keep struggling.

The next day, Arkanon refused to speak again. This time, for his punishment, Kal stabbed a meat hook through his lower legs and hung him upside down from the ceiling. The blood started to rush to Arkanon’s head and soon he passed out.

When Arkanon woke back up, his head was spinning and he felt extremely nauseous. He sat up to try and steady himself. While trying to do so, he lunged forward and vomited. He leaned back against the wall, panting and looked at his hand, which was shaking. He then rubbed his stinging throat.

“You don’t seem like you’re doing too well.” Dark Arkanon said.

‘Heh, it’s nothing. These bastards will have to do more than this.’ Arkanon replied.

“You may think so, but your body definitely can’t keep this up much longer. You may be healed, but that doesn’t replace the blood you lost. You can’t see it, but your appearance is already changing. You’re becoming paler, your hair is losing its luster, and the light in your eye is becoming dimmer. You put up this false charade of confidence, yet it’s all a lie. Why do you continue to add on to the pain by creating this false hope that you’ll make it?”

Arkanon contemplated this for a moment. ‘Because I want to see my friends again. Because I want to avenge my foster parents. Because I don’t want to die.’

“It’s all pointless though! All those reasons, they don’t matter! Why continue struggling when it’s hopeless?!”

‘How can you, who was created, expect to understand?’

“I have your memories though… I’ve seen everything you’ve seen, you’ve experienced, you felt. So why can’t I understand?”

‘It’s one thing to see it, but another to experience it.’ Arkanon was silent for a few seconds. ‘It’s also pointless to simply give up. That’s also why I continue to struggle on.’

“I just can’t understand you.”

‘If we manage to escape, maybe you’ll be able to understand.’

Kal came in later that day to ask Arkanon once more if he was ready to speak. Despite his ragged appearance, Arkanon refused to say anything. This time, Kal used energy to slowly burn away the flesh on Arkanon’s right arm. While that itself was painful, it wasn’t enough to make him pass out. Once all that was left was the muscle and bone underneath, Kal grabbed Arkanon’s arm by the wrist and pulled it towards him. With his arm outstretched, Kal took out a glass vial and started dropping little white crystals on it. Once they made contact with his bare muscle, it felt like acid had been poured all over his arm and he desperately pulled against Kal’s grasp. With his arm twitching madly, Arkanon could only stand there as he felt like his arm was slowly melting away. After a while, he couldn’t endure the pain any longer and passed out.

‘How many days has it been? Three? Four? Five? I can’t tell.’ Arkanon questioned silently.

“You can’t even tell what day it is, and yet you still continue on. You’re an idiot.” Dark Arkanon muttered.

Kal came in and didn’t even ask. He just looked at Arkanon, awaiting an answer. Arkanon could barely muster a smile and say no. This time, Kal pinned Arkanon’s legs to the ground and ever so slowly eroded the bone inside his legs using energy. Arkanon gritted his teeth, trying to hold in a cry of absolute agony. He was able to hold out for a couple seconds before he let loose a wail of complete suffering. It seemed like an eternity to him before he finally fainted.

Arkanon jumped awake, his body shaking horribly from all the pervious experiences. He tried to slow down his breathing, but it only came out in ragged pants. He leaned back against the wall and tried to calm himself. He was able to do so, but barely. He curled himself into a ball and wrapped his arm around his legs.

“What the hell is happening to me?” Arkanon asked quietly.

Kal came in later, though this time he seemed annoyed. “This is your last time to say something guardian. Our patience only lasts for so long. Now talk.”

“I’m afraid… I have to… decline.” Arkanon forced himself to say.

Kal snorted and walked over to Arkanon. Kal grabbed Arkanon’s legs and pulled them so he was lying flat on the floor. He placed a knee on Arkanon’s chest and grabbed a small pouch that was hanging at his side. He reached inside and what he pulled out a thick orange worm-like creature that thrashed about in his clutch.

“What… the hell… is that?” Arkanon eye widened in fear.

Kal didn’t say anything and lowered the thing down onto one of Arkanon’s lower legs. The creature stayed motionless on his leg for a second before it started to slither around, as if confused by it’s surroundings. Kal took out two more of them and placed one on Arkanon’s other leg and the last one on his arm. Kal clicked his tongue and all three of the creatures immediately started to eat their ways into Arkanon’s limbs.

Arkanon started to scream in absolute agony as the creatures tunneled into his flesh, the pain almost making him faint already. The only thing stopping that was Kal placing a hand onto Arkanon’s head and forcing him to stay conscious.

Arkanon could only stay there while they slowly ate a path towards his chest. After what seemed like forever, Kal clicked his tongue again and the things stopped just short of reaching Arkanon’s torso. It was only then that Arkanon was able to pass out.

After seven days of suffering, Arkanon had changed both physically and mentally. His hair which was originally a shiny white turned pale. His body grew weak and thin from malnourishment and stress. His will was nearly shattered. However, there was something still burning inside of him. A desire to live.

Behind the glass, Faldren and Kal looked at Arkanon slumped against the wall.

“Kal, we’re running out of time. The guardian troops are preparing to advance. Get whatever information you can out of the child then dispose of him.” Faldren said.

“I’ve been trying, sir. The brat has a stronger will than I expected. But he seems like he’s on the verge of cracking, if I could have another week-“ Kal said.

Faldren interrupted. “Three days, Kal. That’s all I’m giving you. Get something. We can’t waste this opportunity to bolster ourselves. If you can’t break him physically, then break him mentally.”

Kal nodded his head. “Yes, sir.”

Arkanon continued to sit there, waiting for Kal to come in once more. Every second he waited was agonizing yet peaceful. Eventually someone came in, but it wasn’t someone Arkanon expected.

The person that walked was wearing a black cloak, it’s head covered by a hood, with a scythe on his back. Under it’s hooded face, two red eyes glowed.

Arkanon started to laugh at the sight, but coughed instead. “So death itself came to see me? I’m flattered.” He muttered sarcastically.

The cloaked figure didn’t say anything. It walked over to where Arkanon was and went down to a knee. It inspected him, looking at his condition. It then stood back up and pulled back it’s hood.

What Arkanon saw was a human male that seemed to be just a little older than him. His red eyes looked at him, not with malice, but pity. “Do you want to be put out of your misery?” He asked.

“No thanks, I’m not interested in dying. Not yet.” Arkanon answered.

The person smiled slightly. “Hm. Good. Your fate, it’s strong. Don’t give up, and you’ll make it out of here. I can promise you that.”

Arkanon looked at the person suspiciously. “Just who are you? A friend?”

The stranger pulled his hood back up and started walking away. Before he left, he turned to face Arkanon. “My name is Varen, a half-blood like you. As for whether we’re friends or enemies, that depends on what path you choose in the future. A warning for you, though. Kal plans on using illusions and such to trick you. Farewell.”

Dark Arkanon suddenly spoke up. “That person, Varen. He doesn’t have that same cruel feeling the other demons have, but I can tell he’s just as powerful as the Corrupted. He’s mysterious and dangerous. Watch out for him in the future, if we have one.”

Later that day, Kal came in. He looked at Arkanon. “Do you still plan on not talking?”

Arkanon stared back at Kal. “You should know the answer to that.”

Kal only smiled in response. “Very well then, let me show you something.” Kal motioned towards the glass. The hooded demon walked into the room carrying two unconscious people.

Once Arkanon saw them, he froze in shock. Who he saw was his foster parents.

“What… What the hell. No, they died. They can’t be here.” Arkanon blurted out.

“That’s where you’re wrong, Arkanon. You see, we had knowledge of you beforehand. What you saw before, it was all fake. We actually took them and held them prisoner. Now, I’ll give you a chance to save them, and all you have to do is talk.” Kal had a cruel smile on his face.

“Don’t listen to him. It’s an illusion. They’re already dead.” Dark Arkanon said.

“No, no they’re already dead! Don’t fuck with me!” Arkanon grasped at his pounding head.

“Hmm, what a shame. These innocent people got pulled into this because of you and your selfish little self will let them die. How disappointing for a guardian. Isn’t your job to save people? What a pathetic failure.” Kal reached down and grabbed both of their heads, one in each hand. He then put a foot on their legs and pulled up, ripping their heads off.

Their bodies fell lifelessly to the ground, blood gushing out of their stumps.

Arkanon looked on in horror, his body frozen stiff.

Dark Arkanon yelled. “Damnit, don’t look! Look away!”

Arkanon started to shiver, tears rolling down his face.

“It’s all fake! Calm yourself!”

Arkanon desperately tried to calm himself. His shaky breathing gradually calmed down. His shivering stopped. His tears eventually dried. Arkanon looked at Kal, and with an unstable smile said, “Y-You’re going to have to t-try harder than that.”

Kal looked back at him. “My, my, you just witnessed your foster parents’ death and yet you can smile at me and say that? You’re truly a failure of a guardian. Very well then, since you’re so insistent that this is all fake, we’ll just leave the bodies here.” Kal walked out of the room, the hooded demon following him.

“Just don’t look at them. You obviously aren’t in the state where you can handle it.” Dark Arkanon said.

‘I know. It’s fake. But how did they know what they look like?’ Arkanon asked as he looked away.

“It’s possible they looked into your memories while unconscious.”

‘They can do that?’

“Anything is possible with energy. Looking through a person’s memories and thoughts is a lot simpler than you think.” Dark Arkanon sighed. “I can’t believe that I’m asking this, but are you going to be fine?”

‘I said that they’d have to try a lot harder, didn’t I?’

“You did, but if they’re using something like this already, it’s going to be rough. How long this will last, I don’t know. Just try to stay strong.”

‘You seem awfully worried about me.’

Dark Arkanon gave a self-deprecating laugh. “Your desire to live is contagious. I… I don’t wish to perish here either. I still want to find out more about who I am.”

‘We just have to last for just a short while longer. Maybe that hooded demon can help us.’

“Possibly. We won’t know if you break, so don’t give in.”

It felt as if days had passed to Arkanon as the illusionary bodies of his foster parents began to rot. The stench made Arkanon sick to his stomach; and the longer he watched the bodies slowly decay, the more Arkanon questioned if it had really happened or not. Although he knew it was an illusion, the doubt steadily ate away at his mind, driving him closer to the brink of insanity.

After what felt like weeks, the bodies finally disappeared. Arkanon breathed a small sigh of relief, his mind a little more at ease. It was then that he experienced countless illusions. Always tricking him, killing people from his memory, giving him a chance at hope only to tear it away suddenly. Arkanon had difficulty at times telling reality from all the mirages.

Two days passed. Arkanon was sitting back against the wall, trying as best he can to sleep. Nightmares from his experiences the past few days plagued him though, making it nearly impossible to rest. After a while, he started to wake up due to heavy clanking. He rubbed his eye and opened it only for what he saw next to shock him.

In the room, he saw all five of his friends. Veld, Berok, Jetark, Mira, and Cel’Mian were all chained up, their bodies restricted from moving.

Standing before them was Kal, his face grim. “Stand up, Arkanon. I’m only going to say this once. You have one final chance to tell us everything. These people here, they aren’t illusions. They’re real.”

Arkanon chuckled. “I saw the ships leave, they got away.”

Kal glared at Arkanon. “Did you really think they left? Laughable. They came back to help you, since the other guardians decided to abandon you.”

Arkanon felt a chill go down his spine. “No, they wouldn’t do that. They aren’t stupid.”

Kal only laughed coldly. “Why do you think I said you only had one final chance? I can only kill those close to you once.”

Arkanon noticed his friends start to wake up. ‘No, no. This has to be fake, right? They got away safely, right?!’

Mira shook her head and started look around. “What the hell happened? Where are we?”

Cel’Mian also looked around. “Mira, are you okay?”

Jetark and Berok glanced around quietly.

The first thing Veld saw Arkanon chained to wall. “What…? Arkanon?”

The others took notice of Arkanon and Kal.

“What happened to you, Arkanon? Where are we?” Veld asked confused.

“You guys…” Arkanon started to falter. “No, no this has to be fake. This is all an illusion!”

“What? Illusion? Arkanon, what’s going on? Who is this demon?” Veld was all the more confused.

“Argh, damn it! Release me and fight me, demon!” Mira struggled against her restraints.

Kal merely stared at Arkanon. “This is your last chance, Arkanon. If you concede, we’ll send them back, I promise you that. But should you say no one more time, I’ll kill them one by one.”

Arkanon clenched his teeth and remained quiet, his body shivering from fear and anger.

“If that is your answer…” Kal said as his face turned dark.

“Release me and fight me on fair terms, demon!” Mira shouted.

Kal took out his sword and slashed her throat. Blood spurted out and started to quickly flow from the wound. Mira only stared defiantly at Kal before her eyes dimmed and her body went limp.

“Mira! Mira!” Cel’Mian cried out with fear. “I’ll kill you, you demon bastard! I’ll make you pay!”

Kal put his hand over Cel’Mian’s face and with a blast, it blew apart. Grey liquid started to flow from where his neck was.

Arkanon was completely shocked. He couldn’t move and could only stare. “Mira… Cel….” He muttered quietly, as tears formed in his eye.

Kal walked over to Jetark and placed a hand over his head. “Any last words like those two, Gark?”

Jetark looked back and said, “May your soul be damned for eternity.”

Kal sent a blast to Jetark’s head, sending fragments everywhere.

“Jetark!” Arkanon called out. Tears had started to run down his face. His rage had started to swell.

Kal moved to Berok. “And you?”

Berok said nothing.

Kal took his sword and decapitated him, black blood ran from the stump that was his neck.

“Berok!” Arkanon started pulling on his chain, desperately trying to get out. The flesh on his wrist started to rip open.

Kal finally went to Veld, who had been shocked and confused the entire time. He placed a hand on Veld’s chest.

The only thing Veld said was, “Arkanon?”

Kal blew his body apart, blood splattered against the wall with bits of organs and bone fragments.

“VELD!” Arkanon was madly pulling on his chain. Once he realized how hopeless it was, he stepped back despondent. He covered his face with his hand. Then he giggled. That giggle turned into a laugh and that laugh turned into maniacal laughter. His mind which had been on the breaking point for so long finally snapped.

Arkanon stopped laughing and moved his hand down to his side. He looked at Kal with a psychotic grin on his face.

A change happened within Arkanon. He felt his normal power, but he felt something else, a dark, corrupt power. Without a care, he seized it and started to combine it with his own. “You want your answer? You want it so badly? Then I’ll give it to you, when I blow you into fucking pieces!”

Black flames and white lightning came out of the stump where his left arm was, combining themselves and creating a temporary forearm. The mixed energy ran up the rest of his left arm and started to branch off onto his chest and back. A white and black energy wing emerged from the back of his shoulder and spread itself. Arkanon’s left eye became a heterochromatic mix of red and blue.

“Die, you piece of shit.” Arkanon snarled and extended his left arm towards Kal. In a straight line in front of him, space began to distort and collapse on itself.

Kal felt something bad coming and immediately dodged out of the way. He barely dodged as Arkanon’s attack came at him.

The result of his attack was a circular hole about his size punched through the walls of the base, killing a few demons and leaving a wide gap.

Arkanon readjusted, about to attack again. He was stopped as large tears appeared on his body, causing him to bleed profusely. His mixed energy disappeared and fatigue took him as he fell back, his body a bloody mess. He chuckled a few times, his breathing becoming heavy.

Kal stood up, his body shaking. “I… I need to report this to Faldren.” As Kal started to run off, he pointed at the hooded demon. “You, kill him quickly! Don’t let that beast wake up again!” He then ran off.

The hooded demon moved into the room and kneeled down next to Arkanon and started healing him. “Kid, I don’t know what the hell that was, but if you live, then these demon assholes may actually lose the war.”

“Didn’t… he order… my execution?” Arkanon asked, struggling to say each word.

“Didn’t I say I’d help you?” The hooded demon chuckled. “Not all of us demons are ‘demons’, if you understand me. We aren’t especially large compared to the main force, but we still do what we can to help imprisoned guardians like you escape. Also, to ease your worries, those were illusions earlier. Sorry you had to go through that. I understand the pain of seeing those close to you get hurt. Bastards did the same to me.”

Arkanon’s breathing started to stabilize. “Why did you choose to stay with them?”

“Well, so I can help people like you escape.” He took out a dagger and infusing it with energy, carefully cut through the shackle. The dagger broke into pieces afterwards. “Now get up kid, you’re all patched up.” The demon offered him a hand, to which Arkanon accepted it.

“So what now?” Arkanon asked as he tried to rub his wrist, but realized that he didn’t have a left forearm anymore.

“Now, I’ll lead you to Kal’s lab. After having been his assistant for so long, I know there’s an emergency ship prepared to launch. You’ll use that to escape.”

“And you?”

“My life was forfeit the moment I decided to help you.”

Arkanon didn’t know how to respond to that.

“Don’t look so glum. Helping you escape is well worth my life. Now let’s go, before Kal or Faldren get here. Otherwise we’re really screwed.” He took off his cloak and draped it around Arkanon. “Cover yourself with that. We can’t be found out.”

Arkanon finally saw what the demon looked like. It was a man that looked to be in his forties. He pulled the hood up and covered his face.

The demon led Arkanon out of the room and they started walking down a hall. “Seems the entire base is in an uproar. That’s to be expected I guess, after what happened. Do you know how strong these walls are? A general would have difficulty penetrating one, but whatever you did punched a pretty big hole through quite a few of them.”

“Hey, moron.” Dark Arkanon suddenly said.

‘Why have you been so quiet?’ Arkanon asked.

“Because you silenced me. You took my power and combined it with yours. Do you have any idea what could’ve happened? We could’ve died there. If I wasn’t able to pull it back at the last moment, you would’ve done a second attack and killed us on the spot.”

‘I… I don’t know how to feel about that.’

“Hmm, well it helped us escape. Just don’t do it again in the future. Corrupt and pure energy can never fuse. The result is something so volatile, even just a tiny amount, which is what you had, can cause massive destruction to not only the target, but the user. Those tears that opened on your body, that was the strain from fusion.”

‘So you get overwhelming power in exchange for your body?’

“Exactly, so don’t do it anymore. At least not until we know more about it.”

“Hey kid, we’re here.” The demon said.

Arkanon was startled for a moment, then looked at the demon. They were standing in front of what looked like a normal door.

“So this is where we say goodbye. Good luck, kid.” The demon smiled slightly.

Arkanon bowed his head towards the demon. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now get out of here, quickly. They may know something is up. The trapdoor to the ship is off to the far left corner of the room.”

The door opened before Arkanon, and he stepped through. On the other side, the door closed behind him. Lights turned on and all he could see was countless inventions and such.

“Hey, there’s something here… It’s calling me. Can you hear it too?”

Arkanon listened for a moment. ‘I can… It’s like it’s whispering my name.’

“Quickly, go find it.”

‘But-‘

“Now! Go!”

Arkanon didn’t argue back, his curiosity getting the better of him. He head off in the direction of where he heard the whispers. What he finally found was a small rough purple crystal.

‘It’s this…’

“I feel something familiar coming from it. Take it and go.”

‘Yeah.’

Arkanon held on to the crystal and set off for where the demon told him the trapdoor was. He heard the door open and looked to see who it was.

Kal stepped in, holding the severed head of the demon that helped him. “Arkanon! Come out, you little monster, so I can end put an end to your existence.”

‘Shit!’ Arkanon was about to hide, but Kal found him.

“Come here!” Kal drew his sword and started running towards Arkanon.

“Crush the crystal!” Dark Arkanon yelled.

‘What?’

“Do it now!”

‘AAH! Damn it!’ Arkanon crushed the crystal right as Kal reached him.

What ensued was chaos, as a large purple vortex emerged from the crushed crystal. The vortex grew in size quickly and absorbed both Arkanon and Kal and everything around them. After a short time, the vortex shrunk and disappeared.