Aghast - Horror Suspense Thriller Complete Novel

Contains all kind of sex novels in Hindi and English.
novel
Silver Member

Re: Aghast - Horror Suspense Thriller Complete Novel

Unread post by novel » 18 Aug 2015 11:14

Chapter 34

Sam was sipping his morning tea leisurely, sitting in the foyer. He was watching TV, but his mind was more focused, probably about the serial killer case. The speed with which his thoughts were running was quicker than Sam changing through the channels. Finally, he stayed on a cartoon channel. For a while, he watched the cartoon to ease him from his tensions. He then switched over to the Discovery Channel as the programme seemed to attract his interest. He kept aside the remote and started to watch the channel with keen interest.

On the Discovery Channel, a program was being shown about a mouse. The mouse wore a belt and miniature wires were connected to its head.

The anchor narrated, "Whenever a living organism makes an action, it is inspired by a signal to its brain. If we are successful in giving similar signals from outside the brain, we will be able to control the organism and can instruct the animal to do various activities."

A computer was then shown on TV. A scientist was sitting across from the computer. Sam was still watching the program with interest. The scientist sitting across from the computer talked.
"Through this computer, we will transmit various signals to the chip, which sits on the mouse neck. Through that chip, the signal will be transferred to the mouse’s brain. Accordingly, the mouse will act. "

The mouse was shown closely on the TV, with a minute chip clipped onto its neck.
Sam, astonished, with his mouth open, stared at the TV.

The scientist talked further.
"There can be plenty of instructions and corresponding signals. Right now, we are successful in giving only a few instructions to the mouse."

It then showed the computer software running. The scientist operated the software and pressed the ‘right’ button with a mouse pointer.
The mouse turned right and started running. Subsequently, the scientist pressed the ‘stop’ button with a mouse pointer. The mouse abruptly stopped. He then pressed the ‘left button’ and the mouse turned left and started running in that direction. Next, he pressed the ‘jump button’ and as a result of which, the mouse jumped whilst running. When he pressed the ‘stop button’ again, the mouse stopped in front of some food. As he pressed the ‘eat button’, the mouse started eating the snacks in front of it. Now and again, he pressed the ‘stop’ button and the mouse would stop eating. At last, the scientist pressed the ‘attack’ button, the mouse started biting and rupturing the food in front of it aggressively.

Suddenly a flash of thought came into Sam’s mind. He was recalling the past incidences one by one...

When the two police team members, Richard and Eric, were monitoring each and every activity in Ronald’s house on the CCTV, a black cat had jumped on a square box kept in the corner and the monitors went blank. And when they reached Richard's bedroom, they found him dead.

Sam then got up slowly. He remembered the next incidence.

When the detective went around to Ronald's bedroom for investigation, he bent down and checked under Ronald’s bed. He found two shining terrible eyes staring at him.
Then the eyes started moving closer to him and suddenly the eyes came abruptly towards him as if the thing was about to jump on him. At that time, he defended himself by moving aside and found that the eyes belonged to a black cat, which ran out of the door.

Now every puzzle was becoming solved in Sam's mind.
Now, I should waste no more time...
I must hurry...
Detective Sam darted out of his house for the next course of action.

novel
Silver Member

Chapter 35

Sam stood at the stand on the podium, facing the audience sitting in front of him.
In front of him, sitting, was Christopher, other police officers and his partner.

"We have an idea on how the killer may be executing the murders." Sam took a pause and regarded his audience.

"Therefore, we have devised a plan to get the killer as well as to protect the killer’s next target, Christopher. Now, I don’t think that there is any way for the killer to escape" Sam said confidently.

" Last time you said the same thing and yet he was still able to kill Ronald" Christopher said bitterly.

" Mr. Anderson, I think that first you should see the plan and then make a judgement" Sam snapped.

Sam switched on the projector. On the screen, a diagram appeared.

"Until now, the killer was probably using an animal, a cat, to execute the murders. I mean, I know it sounds ridiculous but I am sure about it" Sam said.

There were some sniggers in the crowd. Sam again pressed a key. On the screen, a clipart picture of a cat and a man working on computer appeared.

"The killer sitting here at the computer probably gave instructions, which were then transmitted with wireless technology, as we see a cat with a belt on its neck. There must be a receiver hidden in the belt, which could probably receive those instructions. Then those instructions must have been sent to the cat’s brain. Following those instructions, the cat must be attacking the victim and I am damn sure that the murders executed till now must have been executed in the same way."

Sam, again, operated a handheld wireless mouse lasered pointer. The screen went blank.

"This is how the killer is operating. Now, about our plan..." Sam then took a deep breath and put aside the remote.

"The plan is divided into two parts" Sam continued, judging the reaction of the audience.

"The first part is to detect the cat and trace the origin of its signals. This way, we will be able to locate the killer." Again, Sam took a pause for few moments and continued.

"The second part, we will prohibit the cat to reach the victim i.e. Christopher’s bedroom, so that he will be protected."

Sam picked up the remote again and operated the mouse button.
On the screen, the layout of a house appeared.

"This is Christopher’s house’s layout. We are going to divide the house into two regions." Sam pointed towards two concentric circles in the diagram with the laser beam.

“See, in this diagram, the first outer circle represents the first region and the inner concentric circle represents the second region.” Sam was pointing at the circles alternatively.

Sam then steadied the pointer on the outer concentric circles shown in the diagram.

“When the cat enters this outer region, we will be able to know its presence because we have fixed the trackers here and the signal detector.”

Sam stopped moving the laser pointer and fiddled with the device in his hand.

“The signal tracer will find out the origin of the signal. Once we get the origin, we will be able to locate the killer and be able to catch him red handed” Sam said.

The detective started pointing the laser on the inner concentric circles in the diagram.

“When the cat reaches this inner second region, the signal blockers fixed there will block the instructions sent by the killer. Then he will not have any control over the cat.”

After he finished, Sam regarded the mob sitting in front of him. The officers seemed to be convinced by the plan, disregarding any doubt from before.
Sam looked in particular at Christopher.
“Do you have any questions Christopher?”

Christopher shrugged, as he seemed to be unconvinced with the plan.

“Let’s see” was his pessimistic reply.

In fact, he was very much disturbed and upset inside and was not in mood to understand the plan. It was quite obvious as he could see his name clearly next on the killer’s list.

Sam looked at his team and instructed,“So come on! Let's go and get to work.”

novel
Silver Member

Chapter 36

Two police staff members, Richard and Eric, were monitoring the CCTV in front of them, sitting in the surveillance cabin, which was Christopher's guest house converted.

"At last! We have the fulfilling task of keeping an eye on cats and dogs" Eric said sarcastically.

"Three days of this crap is enough; I’m done!" he then said in irritation.

"And I didn't join the police force to protect rapists" he continued to moan.

Richard didn't respond.
For a moment, Eric kept quiet yet was soon complaining again.

"The boss has this theory of cats and dogs, but there’s one thing I don't understand" Eric said.

Eric looked at Richard, expecting Richard to ask 'Which thing?' Yet he was too absorbed in his work and didn't speak.

"You know which thing?" Eric asked shaking Richard’s shoulders.

He just blankly stared at him and continued.

"Who could be the killer? If we consider John... but he is dead... and if we consider George...yet he is locked up. Then who could be the killer? '' Eric kept on questioning and answering his own questions.

Richard was still just sat next to him, making no response.

"Hey, are you like this at home too?" Eric asked in irritation.

Richard just looked at him.

"If you are like this at home, then how do you have kids? I'm surprised ?" Eric was trying to tease and annoy him. He thought that maybe he would talk to him due to this. And yes, his guess proved to be right.

Richard turned to him, in his defense and said "Is it required to speak for having kids?"

"You are right; your neighbors might be taking care of it ... silently" Erick said, still trying to annoy Richard.

Richard then furiously picked up a wireless phone to throw at him.
Eric got up and ran around laughing.
Suddenly, there was a beep on the control board.

"Something is happening" Richard said.

There was some movement on one of the monitors. A black cat walked across.

" That cat again!" Erick said.

" See the belt on her neck... " Richard said.

"That means... as Sam says, the belt must contain a receiver" Eric said.

"And it seems the receiver has detected something! That's what the beep is about" Richard said.

Eric picked up the wireless phone and spoke into it.

"Sir, there is an intrusion. The cat broke into the house" Eric informed his Boss.

" Good. Now try to trace the origin of the signals" Sam directed.

Suddenly, the signal tracing instruments came alive on the computer.

"Sir, we have already taken care of that" Eric said, looking at the computer.

"Great job, I’m on my way " Sam said and hung up the phone.