Ghost behind the glass - Phantom sensation

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..

sexy
Platinum Member

Re: Ghost behind the glass - Phantom sensation

Unread post by sexy » 03 Jan 2016 10:11

“Is it really happening or I am becoming paranoid? How could she? She is innocent like blooming flower. She is so pure; it is a grave sin to think foul about her. She is still a loving, caring wife as five years ago when they got married. May be his incapability to give her the most prized possession in form of a child is making him mentally sick. Last night Raju must be waiting for his return. Sarita must be changing her clothes in other room. When Venkatesh returned home he just saw Raju in the couch and Sarita in her petticoat and bra in other room and like a paranoid man he concluded the obvious.

But what will happen if Sarita was really unfaithful behind his back? What if his best friend Raju has betrayed him? Why the hell Sarita has always behaved flirty in the presence of Raju and his other friends? Why they were such spooked when Venkatesh returned home earlier from his work last night to celebrate their anniversary?

Shake it out of your head you moron. Sarita would never betray you. Look how your suspicions ruined a perfect evening. Your anniversary days are not coming back. Now you should beg for forgiveness to your dearest wife. Yes I should return tonight early and beg for her mercy for behaving in such a rude manner last night. He needs to prove that his love has not dried up like the flower that was thrown away last night.”

Vicky was deeply regretting for his deed last night and just then the heavy hydraulic press caught his unmindful hands between its mechanical jaws. Vicky could see the rotating gear is tearing his ligament one by one from upper part of his hands. Vicky could see how his white bone snapped before his eyes. Vicky could feell no pain. He could hear his colleagues are shouting fanatically around him. With a loud hissing sound the giant wheel stopped as somebody pressed the emergency button. His severed hands dropped in the ground one by one. Vicky tried to pick them up and realised, he will no longer able to pick anything up from anywhere, never ever.

Vicky opened his eyes and closed as the bright light of hospital cabin blinded him for a moment. Slowly as his eyes were accustomed with it, he could see the whiteness that surrounds him like death. Vicky was heavily sweating. He tried to get rid of his sheet but unable to do so.

When Sarita and the attending doctor enter his cabin, Vicky was looking towards the emptiness just below his elbow. It was very difficult to understand his thoughts as his face was not showing any sign of panic or pain other than utter surprise. Sarita was crying in a mute tone, she must be doing the same for quite long time as her swollen face is red in pain. Vicky felt nothing; he just looked away and closed his eyes.

Both the doctor and factory supervisor thought they are sharing something very useful with Vicky as both of them hanged a fake smile while parting with the news. The first news is from the doctor who lectured about the advancement in the prosthetic arm nowadays. Everybody present in the room looked towards Vicky as if they are feeing sorry for their real hands and how fortunate Vicky is that he will be getting two all-new state of the art artificial arms, which is probably the better one than the real thing.

The second message from Vicky’s boss made Sarita so happy, that she almost kissed the manager for it. Vicky is going to get twenty lakhs from the corporate insurance company as compensation for his lost hands. Ten lakhs for each one of them!!! Off course some formalities needs to be cleared first and both the amputee hands need to be preserved till the enquiry gets over.

“Where are my hands? Can I see them? “Expression less Vicky asked in a polite voice.

“You bet you can. After all, they are yours.” The doctor told in a light manner. Everybody in the room were delighted with this sense of humour and looked towards Vicky with a hope that he will also join them in this nonsense act.
The doctor was certainly hurt that he could not make Vicky happy with his great comic.

“Well, Mr. Venkatesh, I will instruct the nurse to bring your hands near your bed. Now if you excuse us, visiting time is over.” Doctor turns towards the gathering. Sarita lean forward to kiss Vicky on his forehead. Vicky felt an urge to hold Sarita tightly after a very long time. And this long time includes a very long part when he was not crippled. Sarita left the room resting her head in Raju’s shoulder for support.

Don’t you think my hands are fairer than rest of my body? Vicky asked this question to nobody visible. He was holding a large glass jar on his lap. The jar is filled with some formaldehyde solution as doctor said. Inside the jar rests his pale, yellowish hands which were part of his body few days ago. Lid of the jar was tightly closed, but even then a foul smell mixed with chemical and rotten meat filled the room.

The nurse enters his cabin to inject a dose of antibiotic in his saline. Now Vicky asked the nurse a direct question, “Sister, do you think the nails of my hands are longer than before?”

“What kind of question is this?” The nurse looked towards Vicky with utter surprise.
Vicky was looking towards his jar with a vision which is only comparable with a loving mother’s sight towards her sleeping baby. Vicky was looking at the glass jar with sincere affection. The meaty end of the hands was oozing reddish substances and necrosis of the tissue was evident in spite of the preservative liquid.
The nurse silently removed herself from the room and returned after a while with the doctor.

“Anything wrong Mr. Venkatesh? Why don’t allow us put your hands aside for the moment and let me check your wound.”

“ Doctor, why do I still feel pain and etch in my hands? Do you think my hands are in pain inside the jar due to this strong chemical?”

“Keep your mind out of it Mr. Venkatesh. It is a very common phenomena and it’s called as phantom sensation. It is in your mind playing the trick and nothing else. Once your wounds are healed, we will give you your artificial hands. With time you will get accustomed with it.” The doctor sounded like a sales person from the artificial hand company.

Vicky was not listening to a single word. He was still looking towards the rotten hands inside the glass jar and said,” My hands are full of wrinkle. It is drying up. It was not supposed to happen. Please change the liquid doctor.” The doctor shake his head in disgust,” damn it, we should have disposed the hands long ago. What the hell this insurance company is going to do with severed hands of this poor man!!”

Sarita switched on the light inside Vicky’s room. Vicky was sitting in the wooden chair with utter helplessness in his face. He soiled in his trouser and he is missing his hands worse than ever.

“What the hell!!! I keep a helping maid with all our hard earned money to nurse you and she is not doing her work!!! She left early today?”

“She has not turned up at all today. She told you yesterday that she will not be able to come for today. I thought you will return early and I will manage. I tried to control, but even the toilet room was closed with the latch. You should have returned early today. You should have remembered.”

“What you are talking about? You know very well I was following up with the insurance company”

Sarita shouted with anger with her face drawn close towards Vicky, and then Vicky could smell alcohol in her breath. And it smelt just like the formalin solution with the smell of rotten meat mixed in it.

“Calm down Sari, you know very well that the official hour is over at least four hours ago.”

“What more you expect from me? If it would have been me who lost both of her hands, would you sit around me all day? I am doing a lot for this house, and now you are accusing me you crippled worm? You disgust me” Sarita rushed out of the room without doing anything. Vicky was pinned to his seat, Warm water from his eyes rolled down over his chick and just then he could feell that he is holding the handle of the chair tightly with his hand. He holds the wood so tight, that his fingers started aching.

The lunatic sound of laughter became unbearable to Vicky. It is going on and on and on. Sarita was having a great time with Raju and another one downstairs. They must be high as they were laughing their brains out with every single word. Vicky could tolerate no more. It is still his house after all. It is still his family. He may be crippled, but he is not dead. Vicky came out of his room and walked downstairs towards the source of the laughter.

Sarita was lying in the couch with her head in the lap of Raju. Upper part of her shari is on the floor. She is not wearing any bra today and her nearly unbuttoned blouse is too short to cover her modesty. The other person who is present in this room is playing with the feet of Sarita and his hands are slithering time to time upwards through her legs. The table in front of them is having a whisky bottle and three glasses to decorate the scene. Vicky paused for a moment. He was spellbound with the audacity of these bustards in his own house.

“Aaoo Thakur, aaoo aaoo.” The person, even whose name is unknown mocked Vicky after noticing his presence. All of them laughed together with a high pitch sound.

Vicky kept his cool. He tried to sound as authoritative as he could. “ Sarita, what are you doing? Don’t you think it is too late? Why don’t you ask your friends to return home”.

“Chill down Vicky. You are right, it is late and we should get going. Come on Sunny. Let’s leave this love birds together.” Raju tried to cool off the situation with more words, but could not as he was too drunk to do so. Sunny turned towards Vicky and said “Why don’t we shake hands with the host for his wonderful hospitality?’ All of them again burst into laughter as they depart.

Sarita was not laughing any more. She was hissing like a poisonous snake and ready to bite. She could not keep her eyes open any longer and before she retires on the sofa, gave a burning glimpse to Vicky.

Vicky was dreaming. He could hear Sarita moaning with pleasure downstairs. She must be with Raju. Vicky left the bed and walked towards the closed door in his room and opened it with his both hands.

Yes, his hands are back in their places. Vicky looked at them with love. His hands are pale yellow. His hands were all wrinkled and formaldehyde solution was dripping from it. His nails became long and sharp that it’s almost looked like claws.

Vicky left the room and he finds Sarita alone in the sofa. She is slipping like an innocent baby. Her shari is not properly covering her up, instead it making her partial nudity more attractive. Her breast moving rhythmically with every breath. Vicky felt unstoppable urge to kiss Sarita, to hug her and to rest his head between the valley of two mountains. Vicky wanted to smell her; Vicky wanted to make up for the lost time. Then Sarita opened her eyes. Her eyes like lotus petal parted and she asked,” What do you want you creep?”

Vicky caught Sarita by her hair; his pale cold fingers tightly dig deep in her throat. She was gasping for air, she tried to lose the grip, but Vicky’s hand keeps on pressing until remaining life left her with her last breath.

Vicky wakes up from his nightmare with a sharp cry of his nurse calling for help. Vicky took a bit time to realise his situation. It is morning already and he is all wet and still trembling from the fear of last dream. It felt so real!!! The shout is coming from downstairs. Vicky quickly left the room and after some effort he could open his bedroom door ajar. He came downstairs to find lifeless body of Sarita lying just in front of the couch. Her eyes are open and her expression shows she was shit scared before her death. Unmistakable chemical stink of formalin polluted the air around her. World around Vicky started spinning and soon he fall unconscious beside Sarita.

“Any news of the murderer of your wife yet?” The doctor sitting other side of the table asked Vicky with genuine concern.

“I don’t know, last week the police said that they could arrest Raju as a suspect for the crime and still looking for the other convict Sunny. He successfully escaped. Raju plead not guilty and he swear that he knows nothing about the crime”

“Whatever, it certainly created hype in the media. The police must solve this case as soon as possible. Don’t worry Venkatesh, the culprits will get their deserved punishment.”

Vicky kept the silence, and tried to put an end to this topic. The doctor suddenly remembered something “Oh, I forget to mention, I got the permission from the insurance company to destroy your hands. Would you like to see the specimen for the last time?”

Vicky covered his nose with handkerchief to stop the stink from entering his head. The staff opened the jar to put both the hands in a tray. In spite of the preservative solutions the hands smell like a dead body. Both the hands are all wrinkled and almost mummified beyond recognition.

The hospital staff suddenly noticed something and uttered in barely audible tone,

“what the hell?”

Vicky pushed the staff aside with his shoulder to clear the obstruction from his view point and discover few long strips of human hair are coiled around the fingers of his pale, dead rotten hands. He could feel the uncanny sensation around his finger and Vicky tried to shake of the hairs from his hand. But he could not as he was not having any hands to do so; all he was left with was phantom sensation.

------------------The End----------------------