romantic novel GANGA AND DEV part 1

romantic stories collection, all English or hindi romantic stories, long romantic stories in English and hindi. Love stories collection. couple stories..
Hot2016

romantic novel GANGA AND DEV part 1

Unread post by Hot2016 » 17 Jan 2017 15:15

About the book-

Book tells the super story of Ganga and Dev. Initial readers found books one of the Indian best love stories. How a highy educated MBA boy 'Dev' falls in love with 'Ganga' who is a poor sweetmaker girl. Atlast, he succeeds Ganga'Sam father agreed to marry Ganga. He left the glamour and all glittering of New Delhi and settled in Raniganj as a sweetmaker.

About author-

Ashish kumar is an MBA in marketing and International Business. Currently he lives in Raniganj and wroks as a sweetmaker.

Ganga and Dev

Ashish kumar

dedicated to

the one who is a part of my soul !!!
&
whom i found myself!!!

preface

....on that time Dev was an eight year old poor innocent boy. Yes i could recall without a mistake when in the neighbour any baraat arrived with lot of musical instruments creating a hallaballoo, lot of sound in the surroundings Dev asked me a very simple question...

‘how a boy decides to marry a girl? how he selects a girl to marry?....is he doesn’t get bored to see her all life....same person....same face.....same habits....same cooking style all life??’ (because in India marriages meant for lifetime)

‘Devvv!.... after marrying a girl a boy does not get bored of her.....her same face and same habits because he falls in love with her...’ eventually i told her.

....love?.... what is this thing called love??....how it happens??...what is the color of love?....how thick it is??’ he asked me with same innocence. His eyes wide opened with astonishment.

i wanted to avoid this question but one day Dev must develop to a grown up man and would knew this word. so i told him eventually...

‘.....the day you will fall in love...you will understand the meaning of this word’
‘You will know the shape and color of love .....you will also know how it happens and what happens to someone when he fell in love’ i told him

‘..will sometime i will too fall for someone??’ then he asked again with same purity in mind.
I contemplated for few seconds.

‘.....there must be a girl you will like to talk her. You will like to laugh with her. On her single move you will dance like a snake dances on the momement of fluet.
......but Dev’ my voice weaker now

‘..when she will laugh.... you will laugh’
‘.....when she will be happy you will be happy.....but sometime if it happened that she is in pain...you will also feel pain Dev’ i told him

‘....When she will cry....you will also cry...and if someday she is not anymore in this world your existence will also be lost forever Devvv.....!’ finally i said in the more fragile voice.
i had the dejavu of this.......

18 years later

today......

i fell in love......

today..........

i made somebody.....

......my GOD

Love of Souls

New Delhi . Month of December.
It was the freezing cold atmostphere all around at New Delhi railway station. The station tublelights were struggling to spread its moon light across the fog. The air was dry and chilling making it difficult for old men and kids to survive. On the contrary there was a great hustle bustle on platform number seven. All passengers were just prepared with their baggages to catch the train.

Vaishali Superfast was about to arrive at the platform. All passengers belonged from the eastern UP and Bihar state.

‘...what will happen...will i get a seat ?...there is so much rush today!......last time there was same type of rush and the whole journey i had to make while standing’ there were several questions in Dev’s mind.

few minutes later train arrived the platform. The engine made a thundering harsh sound. Heavy iron wheels of the train rolled on its iron tracks. Engine released a mountain of black smoke.

The train could not stop itself ....the second most populated country’s men were trying to board the train to secure a seat for themself. There was a high level of struggle to grab a birth. It seemed like it was the last train on earth and if they could not get a seat they will die.

‘O God!..nothing is going to happen of this country’
‘I think till the universe exists they will quarrel for a petty seat’ Dev tempered and made a face when he saw the passengers quarelling for a place to sit.
‘.....first let them settle down.....then i will search for a one’ he decided. Finally all were seated and Dev entered the boggie ‘Oh shit!!....there were no place to sit’

‘ufff....now i lost my waist’ he said because the whole journey now he had to make by standing. This was like a severe punishment of a jail. This was the price that he needed to pay off to return to his home.
He took the support of a boggie divider and stood by it.

when the Great Indian Railway big round shaped watch ticked seven thirty.... train whistled. Huge amount of smoke was released by the train engine once again.
Station master showed the green signal.

Big powerful gigantic wheels started to move on the tracks and finally the Vaishali superfast was on its way to Vaishali, a place in Bihar state. I knew.

Dev thanked to train driver to run the train. To him it was very awkward to sit at a place for fifteen long hours. So he want to just complete the journey as soon as possible.

...as the train kept moving Delhi’s tall shiny glassy skyscrapers, fm service, all glittering, all glamour were disappearing gradually one by one.

First Connaught place disappeared. Then Gopaldas building disappeared. Then Oxford building disappeared. Then within thirty minutes the smooth heart touching songs and bubbly chats of radio jockeys were vanished.
now train crossed the Delhi’s border speeding up for its destination. Dev was upset due to his standing condition. A pain was playing a villain and was asking him to enter to his waist and back.

‘..i am gone!’ Dev said expecting once again the terrible journey condition. He got upset and displeased. All happiness of reaching home after so many years was washed away as he did not get a seat to sit. He bowed his head down in the misery.

sixty minutes passed.

‘....hey excuse me!!’ somebody called him.
Dev looked up.

She was a grown-up girl. Round faced. very beautiful. unlocked open hairs. Pink color salwar suit. Many silver color decorated accessories on her sleeves and neck. A matching pink colored bindi on her forehead and same pink bangles on her wrists.

But the most noticeable thing was her eyes. That were so clean and fresh like crystal sovenier. It seemed that these were just recently made in a factory. Girl ordered , paid the price and fix eyes in her body. For few upcoming moments Dev’s sight sticked to her . Her eyes were as new as a small baby that was most noticeable thing.

‘Daughter!....throw away these bihariiss!!!....and capture your seat. We made reservations three months earlier!....
‘Daughter!....don’t show any mercy!’ a harsh tough voice came from the backside. She shouted like a politician. I observed.

‘ok...mom’ she replied.
There were also her father and uncle altogether four persons. Gents had their seats at lower birth and women got the upper birth reservation. Due to the security reasons i guessed.

‘Could you please put my bag there??’ she requested Dev and pointed to her seat.
next door upper birth was her. She had the reservation and it was conformed.

‘yaa!’ Dev replied and put her heavy sized dark blue trolley bag on her seat.
‘thanks’ she said.

Family took out their tiffin boxes. The young maiden girl also got a one circular hot pot from her mother. She ate the food, sipped the water from that ‘railway neer’ plastic bottle. Then cleaned small drops of water on her lips and mouth. Her dinner was over.

It was 9 O’clock. All passergers took out their comforter and went to sleep. That girl also took out her bedsheet, covered herself and laid down facing to Dev.

somehow Dev succedded in taking a thirty percent portion of a neighboring seat and sat there in misery.

Train was running in its full speed..... eighty kilometres per hout....moving it on the wheel. Shaking all passengers like they are in their mother’s lap listening the lullaby.
Girls family slept.

Dev saw the girl.
Girl saw Dev.
both recognised each other, like talked to each other, like developed a friendship to each other.
some minutes passed this way.

After sometime...both were seeing each other...like understanding each other. There were other passengers present in that boggie who may see them, catch them....arrest them..red handed..but they did not care.

Night spread its long black blanket and all passengers returned to their dreams.
but!....but!....but!.....Dev could not sleep.
and....and.....and....the maiden could not sleep too which had just stepped in her youth.

Dev did not shy.
Girl aslo did not felt ashame.
Both kept watching each other. Like they need someone to talk....to walk......to roam....to wander. Like they need someone to care.....like they needed someone to love. I tried to figure out the current situation.

On the otherhand the kind train driver was driving the train with his whole resposibility, facing the chilled weather wearing a black thick leather jacket and same leather cap on his head. His ears were covered with cap saving him from the cold winds. I saw.

If the train was vacant...something could have happened...some thing more could have happened. Like Dev and the young maiden must hugged each other to never seperate again. But it was loaded with thousands of indian passengers in reality. So no scope for any romance here.

Night passed but both kept hooked seeing each other.
so night passed very quickly.

Sun arose. Golden perpendiculared powerful rays touched the train. Light spread in the surrounding. Train kept running from its regular speed on its tracks.

thirty minutes later..

Train stopped. A wave generated as the powerful gigantic iron engine stopped and came to Dev and that young girl’s boggie. Both qauked and eyecontact broke down. All passengers hurried to board down the train. All holded their luggauge and were leaving the train very quickly. It was only two minutes stop at this station.

Dev saw outside the window.
‘Goshala’ a signboard handing at the railway station told.

Ohh...this was the very railway station where Dev had to get off. This was the Dev’s destination.

both felt like something broke down...like something got lost....like something interrupted.
But...no one could postpone this. Dev could not let him inside the train. He must get off the train at any cost. He had known.
Young girl knew that Dev will leave her at this point of life forever however she shook her head and requested him not to go.

But there is a very special thing in this world called ‘time’. It is the most powerful thing in the world. Taday Dev felt. His fifteen hours journey was completed like in fifteen minutes. Dev felt.

Reluctantly he got up, holded his hefty red bag, left a long breath and prepared himself to leave the place...the train and of course...... the young girl.

She was very intelligent i must say. Immediately she put her thin fair long fingers to her red rosed lips, escaped her family members and gave Dev a flying k i s s.
Dev smiled like a flower. His face which had faded to the forthcoming seperation to her was shining like a sun like she put a flower marriage garland in his head.

Dev could not reply to girl’s fying kiss. Because it was INDIA a great place in the world where all things are kept under curtain. All Indians must follow the cultural heritage of it. They can’t hug or kiss to their lovers publically.I felt first time.

Dev left the boggie.
Girl disappointed who was the most happiest person in the world few minutes ago.

Station master showed his green flag and train whistled.
‘chukk!!....chukk!!....chukk!!....chukk!!....’ Train proceeded to Gorakhpur station.

Dev put his red bag on his shouder and turned back.
He did not like it. Like he disliked it.

On the other hand girl had two drops of tears in her two beautiful eyes. Dev could not erase girl’s face in his mind and girl too was recalling and loving him sitting inside the train.

Both were seperate still loving each other uninterruptedly. Like there was no need to be physically present with each other. This type of love is called ‘Love of Souls’ rather than bigger definition of Love.
today i knew. Dev too.
Savitri’s suggestion

Goshala... a small district of Uttarpradesh. 627 km away from Delhi. Population 1,20,000. Hindus in majority. Inhabitants chief occupation agriculture and animal husbandry.
No rush hush like delhi, no carbon emitting factories, so
no pollution. It was the best place in East Northern India to live.

Big guava and mango orchards plenty to fill your mouth with sweetness and vitamins. If you are much sugar freek person then here is three big branded sugar mills producing tons of high quality sugar every day. And if you are a smoker here is some good quality of tobacco in the field. Pluck the leaves, dry it and take the pleasure of smoking.

The air was clean...tranparent and fresh that fills one’s whole lung in a second. Dev was noticing all these different facts after living in Delhi for six years.

Round shaped face, big eyes, tall handsome, red liped Dev had arrived Goshala his home town. Manohar maam was already waiting at the railway station with his ambassador. Dev got in the car and reached home.

Car stopped in the portico. It was the biggest haweli in the entire Goshala town made fourty years ago.

Dev’s mother Savitri’s father made this haweli.

‘bhabhi....common!...Dev has arrived here and you are making so much delay...i can’t wait’
‘I am going to see him’ Geeta maami rushed down to the stairs to meet Dev. He had returned after a six year long span time so all members was just dying to see him.

Savitri...Dev’s mother’s eyes was filled up with tears. Typically to all great Indian mothers she also got emotional on the arrival of his loving son. Savitri immediately prepared a pooja thali to take the aarti of Dev.